San Diego Zoo

TinkBellRellaMom

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me how many hours it would take to be able to see all of the animals at the zoo? Can it be done in 6 hours?

I'm trying to plan the itinerary for our family vacation and would like to know if it is possible to see the zoo and drive to Primm, NV in 1 day.

That makes for an awfully long day. 6 hours would be rushing it, I think. There are also some shows, the tram tours, and just taking your time. You could do it, I guess, but you'd be awfully tired at the end of the day.

We were there over Christmas holiday...and we did it in 6 hrs. We however, skipped the petting zoo part and when we got tired but still wanted to see more animals...we rode the bus about 2-3 times. Each time you got to see different animals because they were either hiding, sleeping or finally walking around. But at the end of 6 hrs. we did not feel up to driving any where...just glad that the relatives house was only 15 min. drive away.

I agree with everyone here. I have a membership so we go pretty often and we are always exhausted after going and that's with us not rushing to see everything. Of course you could do it, but you probably wouldn't want to. Just my opinion. Craigslist usually has good deals on tickets if you haven't already bought them.

Thanks everyone. We have decided to go to Sea World on the day we drive from Anaheim so that we don't have to rush through any attractions. I figured that both Sea World and the Zoo close at 5:00 so that should leave plenty time to visit the beaches. If not we will go to the beach on the day we leave.

Thanks again for all your help. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter