• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

San Diego Zoo

Mindibellcm

DIS Veteran
Our trip is 1 week away! It's short notice but where/how is the best way to get the cheapest zoo tickets. I realized I may be left with few options waiting until the last minute.
Mindi

You can buy discounted tickets from Costco.com. If it's too late to buy online, there are several Costcos in San Diego County and they'll have tickets for purchase on site (if you're a member) at each of the wherehouses. The zoo also has AAA discounts.

Mousesavers.com gave a link on their website to a travel agency where you can purchase discounted zoo tickets and print them at home instantly (great since you need it ASAP).

Here's the link to the Mousesavers info:

Mousesavers link

If you buy a citypass for southern california, it's on that too, but where it's so close to your trip, you'd be paying for places that you probably already have tickets for (like DL & DCA). It might be worth looking into for another trip though....I think when we went, we just used the AAA discount.

Buy a membership. There are different levels. You get admission, perks, and it is all tax deductable.

Ditto what Zimbubba said. The memberships are great and generally pay for themselves if you are going more than once in a 14 month period.

The memberships are great! Kids buy individual ones that include a bus tour ticket. They receive newsletters from the Koala Club about new exhibits, animals, etc. Also, members don't pay extra for the skyfari! You can find membership pricing on the zoo website.

I'll agree with the others and buy teh membership. We did it for our last trip. We spent one day at the Zoo and 1 day at the WAP. Dh and ds saved $30 each on the tour at WAP so it was definitely worth the $$$ in our case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter