San diego hotel suggestions

Christine caine

Mouseketeer
I need help choosing area to stay for 2 nights while in San Diego, October 8 to 10. We want to do the zoo and maybe some walking tours in gaslamp area as well as the old trolley tour. Is there any good places too stay that are available central and not crazy expensive like less than $250 a night. Would like a safe clean place for really only sleeping. Any suggestions would be great.

Hilton San Diego Bayfront is right next to Gaslamp area but is often cheaper than the hotels actually in Gaslamp. It can have rooms around $250 depending on when you are going. If you are looking it up, make sure you are looking at the one called Bayfront, and not Gaslamp or any of the other Hiltons.

OK I looked that hotel up and it was way out of my price range. We are from Canada so it was almost 350 in CAD lol. Maybe something a but cheaper would be nice. What area is it that I should be looking to stay in? Gaslamp area is what streets?

You could also look at Old Town area. I think there's a nice Best Western there. The Trolley Tours are there and the other areas you want to see are only a few minutes away.

Another area to look at is the San Diego Port area. There's a Springhill Suites and a Wyndham (and other brands) right there on the waterfront.

If you're looking for cheaper but still nice I agree on the Best Western in Old Town, or something in Hotel Circle (you can take the trolley to Gaslamp/Old Town). We like the Town & Country in that area.

We went several years ago and stayed at the Residence Inn San Diego Downtown / Bayfront at 900 Bayfront Court.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!