Samantha Brown @wdw

THEDISFANS

Mouseketeer
So a friend of mine says that Samantha Brown used to host the top ten things to see @WDW or something like that, which was shown on the resort tv's. I said she didn't Does anyone know???

Cant' answer that .. but she was part of their 2006 Christmas parade coverage.

I'm pretty sure I've seen video of her doing the old 'top 7' thing somewhere on the internet.. but of course I can't find it.

;)

EDIT: I found the video and it's actually someone named Krista, not Samantha.

Knox

Cant' answer that .. but she was part of their 2006 Christmas parade coverage.

I'm pretty sure I've seen video of her doing the old 'top 7' thing somewhere on the internet.. but of course I can't find it.

;)

EDIT: I found the video and it's actually someone named Krista, not Samantha.

Knox

She was like a Samantha clone, but a much faster talker (I prefer the real Samantha Brown!)

SB has done specials at various Disney resorts. I did think one line was funny, where she said there wasn't a bad view from any room at the WL. I think she should have had my standard dumpster/smokehouse view room (and not the suite I recall her having!)

Denise:

You never fail to crack me up.. yah.. she was a total Sam clone..

And big laughs on the dumpster joke. ;)

Knox

The first girl who did the top 7 was named Krista and yes she was a Samantha clone. She was like Sam on speed!

I dont know the name of the girl who replaced her but she seems to be a little less bubbly than Krista.

As far as I can remember Samantha Brown did not do the top 7 ever.

The first girl who did the top 7 was named Krista and yes she was a Samantha clone. She was like Sam on speed!

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to say "on speeed" on the DIS boards! :) I would have, that is exactly what I thought!

She had the haircut, the build, the perkiness - but it's like someone wound her up in the back and let her go (and go and go and go).

That said, I prefer her to the last girl I saw on the tv. I really miss the nice, slow commercials they had! Soothing, not frenetic. I AM 40 now, not 16!

Samantha Brown has done Great Hotel episodes for the Travel Channel of WL, GF, AKL, and Y&BC. My favorite was when she said that the primary reason people come to BC is for the beach - you aren't even allowed to swim in the water by the "beach."

Kryssa on the "Top 7" did remind me of Samantha Brown, but the same could not be said of the current Stacey. I personally miss the Zip-a-dee-doo-dah Tip for the Day!

And big laughs on the dumpster joke. ;)

Knox

It wasn't a joke when I saw it. :) "Welcome to the Wilderness Lodge, here is where we throw our trash!"

That was also the trip where about 15 white vans pulled into the parking lot around midnight and workers went to the rooms above our wing, starting construction work of some sort in the rooms. At least at the AKL they are doing it midday! It took an hour to get them to stop. Oh - and then I broke my pinkie toe against the bed. This was a 2 day stay!

I love Samantha Brown, but she NEVER goes standard. "Yes Samantha, there are bad views from some rooms at the Lodge"! :) We need to start another thread "Does Samantha Brown chap your hide"?

We need to start another thread "Does Samantha Brown chap your hide"?

That I am 100% in favor of.. for sure. Most of the hosts of those travel shows annoy the living bejeebers out of me.. She is no exception.

They know as much as in their script and frankly .. not much else.

:)

Knox

i lvoe me some samantha but i do agree she never stays standard which kinda erks me :sad2: how hard would it be to give us a tour of some mod resorts or standard rooms in the deluex?

We met Samantha Brown one year at Hoop Dee Doo. She was very nice and took a picture with my wife.

That being said, I see where comparisons between Kryssa and Samantha could be made, but I'm more annoyed with Disney for having this new girl Stacey just copy everything Kryssa said, just with a few updated attractions. It seems so fake. I.E.:

"And the water powered wedgies are free with admission."
"At the top of the mountain is a little ditty I like to call Summit Plummett."
"We're here to call out the most magical of the magic. The most thrilling of the thrill."

Drives me nuts.

I actually like Samantha Brown, I just wish she'd stay in an average room that the average traveller would get. Most guests will not be staying in a WL suite, they'll be in a regular room. :)

I don't watch the Disney TV anymore, I can't stomatch any of the people they keep putting on.

Count me in - I just love Samantha Brown! Clips from her WL show used to be on travelchannel.com - I don't know if they are still there. it was voted one of the favorite episodes form Great Hotels.

:dance3:

i lvoe me some samantha but i do agree she never stays standard which kinda erks me :sad2: how hard would it be to give us a tour of some mod resorts or standard rooms in the deluex?

I'm a Sam fan, but agree with a lot of the comments made. Having stayed at a couple of the resorts she mentions and then hearing what she says about them made me realize that you really can't believe a lot of it.

And in all fairness, the reason mod resorts aren't shown is because the series was "Great" Hotels. Mod's just wouldn't be a target of the show, nor would standard rooms. Still, saying "there are no bad views" is misleading and why I wrote the first paragraph of this post.

actually the original top 7 must see's was hosted by "krissa" for i believe 2003 and 2004 then it was redone with "stacey" for 2005, 2006 and currently. samantha brown was never attached to that project. before these two girls it was the "have a zipadeedoda day" promo with the big yellow park hopper.

actually the original top 7 must see's was hosted by "krissa" for i believe 2003 and 2004 then it was redone with "stacey" for 2005, 2006 and currently. samantha brown was never attached to that project. before these two girls it was the "have a zipadeedoda day" promo with the big yellow park hopper.

I miss the "Zipp-A-Dee-Doo-Da, Tip For Today!" :sad1:

After watching the Top 7 with Krissa my wife and decided that just off camera was a giant thermos of coffee and at every break the director would have her drink several cups of high octaine coffee and chase it with some Red Bull.

Phrank

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter