Sam and Mike's(well mostly Sam's) 10/29/10 non-prof photos Glad I did/didn't Update

Which dress?

• Dress one

• Dress two

• Dress three

• Dress four

• Dress five

• Dress six

Results are only viewable after voting.
:goodvibes Yes, we got the shots in Japan after the ceremony. I had some with my bridesmaids and DH had some with his groomsmen beforehand in several other countries (Italy and Germany) We didn't head to Japan until afterwards.

I love the color palette for everything and the bouquets were gorgeous! Its also a great idea to go for flat shoes, there is a ton of walking especially for photos around the World Showcase and I was glad to have my flat shoes too.

Thanks Vanessa. I love the asian umbrellas...very cool! I think I'd kill myself in a long dress AND heels. DF isn't that much taller than me so I don't want to tower over him. Plus I want to be ready for all the walking in Disney too! So flats (and hopefully Reefs) it is!

love the flowers Sam! They look so elegent and rich, those colors really pop:thumbsup2

Thanks Sam! That's exactly what i wanted!

So I've gone a little crazy looking at wedding stuff...I think to distract myself from pain in the butt students and a job hunt so I've been researching invites. I found these cool ones that are handmade...and expensive! :scared1: Plus we can't do the initial thing...S and M, :rotfl2:

And then I found this company where they have the DIY kits...but they still aren't cheap...but they are SOOOO lovely.

Ugh and they won't let me post this one:
http://www.trulymadlydeeply.com.au/...tation__Purple_Orchid_on_Corduroy_Square.html

The last two are my favorites. I'd try the 3rd with a green flower maybe...and the last I'd change the insert to the aubergine color. OMG I want these SOOOO bad

Heck here's a link to the whole site.
http://www.trulymadlydeeply.com.au/store/catalog/DIY_Invitations_Orchids.html
This is terrible! Haha I love them. :headache:

Just an idea. When we were thinking of having an EPCOT ceremony we had hired Randy for before and after the wedding. We were going with Disney's basic 3 hour package for the in-park portion. Just an idea :)

Just an idea. When we were thinking of having an EPCOT ceremony we had hired Randy for before and after the wedding. We were going with Disney's basic 3 hour package for the in-park portion. Just an idea :)

Thanks Amanda. The problem is that the whole thing is going to be in-park: ceremony, reception, AND dp. So I don't see how I can get around that. :sad2:

Ugh and they won't let me post this one:
http://www.trulymadlydeeply.com.au/...tation__Purple_Orchid_on_Corduroy_Square.html

The last two are my favorites. I'd try the 3rd with a green flower maybe...and the last I'd change the insert to the aubergine color. OMG I want these SOOOO bad

Heck here's a link to the whole site.
http://www.trulymadlydeeply.com.au/store/catalog/DIY_Invitations_Orchids.html
This is terrible! Haha I love them. :headache:

I loooove those invitations, they are awesome and so unique. I may be a little bias since I am doing orchids as well :) The last one is my favorite. I think you could re-create it for less, not sure where you would find those flowers, but the paper part would not be that bad. Love it!!

I loooove those invitations, they are awesome and so unique. I may be a little bias since I am doing orchids as well :) The last one is my favorite. I think you could re-create it for less, not sure where you would find those flowers, but the paper part would not be that bad. Love it!!

Did you check out the link (the 3rd one)? That's my favorite but the last one is awesome as well. I really love them but DF still likes the Snow White ones. I'm hoping we can use those for the at home and the orchid ones for the Disney. This way our at home still as a disney feeling.

They aren't too expensive...and we're not going to need a lot. I wonder what the going rate for invites are these days....

Those orchid invitations are gorgeous! Like Laurie said, I'm biased too... since orchids are my favorite flowers and going to be in all my floral also. :rotfl:

I just have to (once again) mention how prettiful :cutie: your colors are together! I love it!

Did you check out the link (the 3rd one)? That's my favorite but the last one is awesome as well. I really love them but DF still likes the Snow White ones. I'm hoping we can use those for the at home and the orchid ones for the Disney. This way our at home still as a disney feeling.

They aren't too expensive...and we're not going to need a lot. I wonder what the going rate for invites are these days....

I didn't see the link for the 3rd one, but just checked it now, that one would be easier to re-create and still lovely. The purple with a green flower would look pretty. I think they are a little pricey, but that's just me, I'm making my own and it's going to cost me about 2.20 an invite and that's for everything, the invite, RSVP card, and a "Pick your song" card, oh and envelopes, but I only need 25 invitations. I'll post them on my PJ soon, I am ordering the paper tonight. Plus, I should also add, that I did want nice invitations, but they are not a top priority for me so I did not want to spend over $50 for them and it depends on your budget.

Maybe you can combine the orchids and snow white to have both? That may be difficult, but not impossible. But at least you can always do one for the at home and one for disney.

I would be between the third and last one, you could always make your own stamps and have snow white stamps with orchid invites. Or do the orchid invites with snow white RSVP cards.

love the invites Sam! I agree the 2nd and 3rd are my faves too! I have never seen anything like that before, so pretty and interesting (I like things that are very visually appealing:goodvibes). Awesome choices!

I love all the different invitations, I don't think I can pick just one favorite, that's a great website that you found.

DPS was talking about putting together a website with the differnt photographer's work samples on it. That might help if you can compare their work.

Those orchid invitations are gorgeous! Like Laurie said, I'm biased too... since orchids are my favorite flowers and going to be in all my floral also. :rotfl:

I just have to (once again) mention how prettiful :cutie: your colors are together! I love it!

I love orchids too Anjanette! I love your colors as well. Gotta love the purple! PS I love that world: prettiful

I didn't see the link for the 3rd one, but just checked it now, that one would be easier to re-create and still lovely. The purple with a girl flower would look pretty. I think they are a little pricey, but that's just me, I'm making my own and it's going to cost me about 2.20 an invite and that's for everything, the invite, RSVP card, and a "Pick your song" card, oh and envelopes, but I only need 25 invitations. I'll post them on my PJ soon, I am ordering the paper tonight. Plus, I should also add, that I did want nice invitations, but they are not a top priority for me so I did not want to spend over $50 for them and it depends on your budget.

Maybe you can combine the orchids and snow white to have both? That may be difficult, but not impossible. But at least you can always do one for the at home and one for disney.

I would be between the third and last one, you could always make your own stamps and have snow white stamps with orchid invites. Or do the orchid invites with snow white RSVP cards.

I only need like 25 invites as well. If I bought them it'd be like $125...not too bad. I like the idea of combining them or using one for the Disney wedding and the other for the home. I like the snow white ones but after being on these boards I want to be CRAFTY!!!! :confused3

love the invites Sam! I agree the 2nd and 3rd are my faves too! I have never seen anything like that before, so pretty and interesting (I like things that are very visually appealing:goodvibes). Awesome choices!

Thanks Sam. I thought they were so unique! I love them. :lovestruc I like being visually appealed to, as well hehe

I love all the different invitations, I don't think I can pick just one favorite, that's a great website that you found.

DPS was talking about putting together a website with the differnt photographer's work samples on it. That might help if you can compare their work.

Thanks Vanessa. I just came across it, but the website is really great for being who want to be hands on, but I'm not super crafty (ps I'm going to try to make a quilt this summer :scared1:)

I'd love the see that site. I'm so upset about that silly new rule! I REALLY want amazing pics but DF has his heart set on Epcot and LSS (and so do I) and it's the only thing he really wants...

BTW I found a veil and a possible hairstyle I LOVE!!

But it's expensive! :scared1:

What a gorgeous veil! It's so elegant, and I could most definitely see that paired with that hairstyle on you... :goodvibes You would be so stunning with all of it together!! :woohoo:

What a gorgeous veil! It's so elegant, and I could most definitely see that paired with that hairstyle on you... :goodvibes You would be so stunning with all of it together!! :woohoo:

Thanks Anjanette, I sometimes wear my wear similar to that so I think it would work.

Ohh that veil is sooo pretty!!

Thanks Mandy! I love the veil...but it's so much money.

So drumroll please...what DF wants to wear:

So Mike, my DF, wants to look very dashing and to stand out. He looked (online :surfweb:) at a lot of them and he likes the morning tuxedo...similar to Heidi's (tiggerifficheidi) husband Tom wore at their Wishes wedding
CLICK HERE FOR PIC

However...he's very tempted with getting something MORE different. We've always love the outfits worn in Enchanted (the ball scene) and Stardust, and have toyed with the idea of him wearing something similar.

It's really hard finding a picture of the Enchanted outfit, but you all know what I'm talking about. (This is the one I like so much better...plus it's in our colors)

It's really difficult to find, and he's put bids on Etsy, and received some takers. It shouldn't be too expensive. The thing is, it's either going to really awesome and unique, or really lame...:confused3 I can't figure out which. We're thinking of having it made, and worse comes to worse he can wear it to Mickey's Halloween Party, or another costume. What do you ladies think?

PS Here is another pair of shoes I found:

love the veil too, the little pearls add such a pretty touch, maybe you would add a few and make some hidden mickeys:goodvibes

And you guys will look adorable all Enchanted-y (I made it as word just for the occassion lol)

love the veil too, the little pearls add such a pretty touch, maybe you would add a few and make some hidden mickeys:goodvibes

And you guys will look adorable all Enchanted-y (I made it as word just for the occassion lol)

Haha, thanks Sam. I'd love to have a few hidden mickeys...like 2 small flowers and one large in my hair, or with the pearls. I like Mickey pomanders but nobody else is sold on the idea, and I've never seen any in action.

I love that word: enchanted-y. I make my own words all the time, :thumbsup2 I'm really nervous about it. I think it may look awesome...but it may look super dorky. I can't figure out which. But at least I know someone who likes the idea, so thank you. DF really wants to stand out and he's really good about leaving me to make the rest of the decisions (as long as he's in the loop, I get to be the decider). So if this is one of the only things he's asking for, I'm having a hard time denying him. We figure we can get someone on etsy to make it up, and if it's horribly dorky, it's his halloween costume. It's only money right? :rolleyes::cool2::upsidedow

And now onto the officiants. We want to be married by our mothers. We're of different religions, and not really very devout to begin with. We wanted something personal and special. I had read online here about the Universal Life Church that can allows individuals to become ordained ministers online, for free...seams a little sketchy to me so I'd love hear some stories and accounts from people on the Dis who have done this.

And now for something completely different: My future sister in law's boyfriend is the videographer for Jim Breuer (a comedian, popular in the 1990s), and Jim is an ordained minister, and now we are jokingly toying with the idea, he does the "I do's." I'm pretty sure right now it's a joke, but if DF really wants it, I'd be down for it. It would be pretty silly, but unique to say the least...

The veil is gorgeous. I hate that they are so expensive :headache:

The enchanted look is a very unique idea, I love it. Especially if your DF wants to do it. It would look awesome :thumbsup2

I think that's a great idea to try out the Enchanted outfit and like you said if it doesn't turn out exactly as you picture it in your minds you can always use it for the MNSSHP :thumbsup2 I love the shoes you found, its always so hard to find cute flats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter