SALSA GARDEN which kinds of tomatoes/pepper varieties are the best?

The Mystery Machine

Sunrise at my house. :+)
I am helping my neighbor with her garden. What varieties of tomatoes and peppers would you grow to make some great homemade salsa??

Thanks

I think any kind of tomato and pepper right from the garden would be fine. I do think plum tomatoes for something like this is the best. Lots of meat to them and less seeds. DH has a plum tomato that comes from Italy, the tomatoes plants grow 6-8 feet tall with 5-6 inch plum tomatoes on them. They are wonderful for cooking.

If you choose to make a hot salsa you will need to plant some hot peppers. There are many different varieties of hot peppers, some very hot. My favorite are the cherry peppers, not too hot, and they are great for making pickled stuffed pepers.

i like the big boy hybrid tomatoes. i have grown atkinson and better boy also. i like em all....lol
i guess its because i have always had good harvests off my tomato plants.
-goofyman

My salsa garden includes: plum tomato plants are my fav for salsa(i have several other kinds- cherry, big boy, big girl, yellow, and stuffing ) jalepeno peppers, celantro, onions. add a bit of vinegar and or lime juice and yummie!!!

- lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter