Sail Away Party and LOUD Horns-Good Place to Stand?

ResortsFrmrCM

Mouseketeer
Last time we cruised, we went to the Sail Away Party on the main deck where everyone was gathering. My daughter was 3 at the time and basically lost it when the horns started going off. She cried and cried and it took me forever to calm her down. It was seriously LOUD!! :scared1: We tried to move towards the back of the ship and finally went inside.

I hate to miss being on deck to see us pull away from port but this time I have a 1 year old and I don't want to take my chances on it being too loud for him too!

Anyone else ever have this problem or found a quieter area to take the little ones and still catch the action??

Thanks!

Last time we cruised, we went to the Sail Away Party on the main deck where everyone was gathering. My daughter was 3 at the time and basically lost it when the horns started going off. She cried and cried and it took me forever to calm her down. It was seriously LOUD!! :scared1: We tried to move towards the back of the ship and finally went inside.

I hate to miss being on deck to see us pull away from port but this time I have a 1 year old and I don't want to take my chances on it being too loud for him too!

Anyone else ever have this problem or found a quieter area to take the little ones and still catch the action??

Thanks!

Honestly, I would have DH stand just next to the stage. There is a door that takes you inside to the elevators here. Stand inside until the horn goes off then slip the kiddies to the front side of the stage. Great location to see all the action.

We did this, due to DS. He has High Functioning Autism and loud sounds REALLY hurt him. It worked great. They loved being that close to the stage.

Also be wary when the ship is leaving ANY port...we've seen some great "horn wars" with other ships. DCL wins!

This was really funny--the Magic did a single "toot" as she was preparing to pull out, and RCI responded with a louder "toot." Sequence repeated with single "toot" from each. Finally, it seemed that Captain Tom had had enough--the Magic let loose with "When You Wish Upon A Star" as in "take that, RCI!

At the sail away they only sound the horn once and they make a big deal doing a countdown to let everyone know when it will happen. You can use ear plugs for your kids or simply cover their ears, which is what we did until they were old enough to do it themselves. :)

The horn also sounds at noon on sea days with a very short notice announcement made before it goes off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter