Sad News

rbthntschl

Mouseketeer
I regret to inform you of the passing of Scott Mills, a longtime member of this LGBTQ forum. If you followed the thread "Rob and Scott's Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding", you will know who Scott is. Rob passed over 10 years ago and now they are back together. I'm heartbroken to lose someone I considered a fellow "Disney Widow" (my partner passed 4 months before Rob).

Oh how awful. I did not know them, but I felt like I did when I discovered that thread. I devoured the entire thing, and I'm so glad to know their story and their love for one another.

I lost my partner to cancer 3 weeks ago and the pain is unreal. The thing I keep finding myself looking at most is the massive collection of Disney vacation photos we took together. I'm positive that Scott had a similar batch of magical Disney memories to get lost in. There are so many people in the world who chastise Disney adult Disney fans ("why are you going there AGAIN?" Isnt it so expensive??"), but it has provided me with some of the most cherished memories of my life. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

May Scott and Rob's energy and spirit be reunited forever.

I lost my partner to cancer 3 weeks ago and the pain is unreal. The thing I keep finding myself looking at most is the massive collection of Disney vacation photos we took together. I'm positive that Scott had a similar batch of magical Disney memories to get lost in. There are so many people in the world who chastise Disney adult Disney fans ("why are you going there AGAIN?" Isnt it so expensive??"), but it has provided me with some of the most cherished memories of my life. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

My condolences to you. Yes, the pain is unreal and I can still feel it 10+ years later. I hope we can meet up in the parks someday.

Thank you for the info on Scott. I followed that thread back in the day and they certainly had a good time. RIP both of them.

Oh my goodness, I don't get over to the LGBT board very often, but I definitely remember them. It was heartbreaking when Rob passed. And now sadly, we've lost Scott, too. Now they never need to be parted from each other, again.

Scott & I went to high school together and whenever I was out in Orlando, we'd try to meet up. He was a great person. The story of him and Rob was wonderful & tragic. I will miss him so much. I was hoping to see him when I'm there in Sep/Oct for the 50th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!