S/O of shows that got worse--what shows started "meh" but got good?

Praying Colonel

DIS Veteran
It seems to me there are many shows that start out not so good but get better as they go. Which ones come to mind?

Spartacus had a bit of a rough start, but once it hit its stride a few episode in it was amazing.

GCB The first few episodes were eh. I binged the entire season, and it was so good. I was so sad it got canceled.

Parks and Recreation and Succession. Parks and Recreation's first season is only okay but it gets way better after that. Whereas Succession starts off kind of slow and then it becomes AMAZING.
I'll have to give Succession another try, then. I watched the first 3 episodes and I found all of the main characters so unlikeable and also not too bright. Just had no interest in living in their world anymore.

Arrow - 1st few episodes were rough, but then the next few seasons were spot on...and then it took a slight dive (but not bad enough to be on the other list - it knew when to end).

I'll have to give Succession another try, then. I watched the first 3 episodes and I found all of the main characters so unlikeable and also not too bright. Just had no interest in living in their world anymore.
It's one of those shows where the premise is that all of the characters are terrible people similar to Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Season 1's beginning doesn't start off the strongest but once you get to episode 6 is when it becomes incredible. I don't think this show will appeal to everyone but it has some of the best writing and dialogue I've seen in a show in a long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter