S/I What was your first car? And what do you drive now?

So are you special ordering the MINI or did you find a dealer that has one exactly as you want it? If you're ordering it, how long did they say it would take? Need to make a countdown timer for it...

I found one that is pretty much everything I want. It actually has one feature I don't care about having,
The heads up display. It's a $1250 option on the car, so I'm on the fence at the moment because I don't want to pay for something like that and not have a need or want for it.
They are gonna give me free tint, swap the wheels and tires, upgraded floor mats, and wear and tear at no charge.
But i don't know about paying the additional on a feature priced like that, that I don't want. Not a lot of negotiating on a brand new one.

Ordering is a minimum of 8 weeks. Adding in unforeseen delays 10-12 total.

My first car was a red 1987 Acura Integra.

Right now I am driving my husband's 2014 Honda CRV. It's okay...not as big as I'd like.

I found one that is pretty much everything I want. It actually has one feature I don't care about having,
The heads up display. It's a $1250 option on the car, so I'm on the fence at the moment because I don't want to pay for something like that and not have a need or want for it.
They are gonna give me free tint, swap the wheels and tires, upgraded floor mats, and wear and tear at no charge.
But i don't know about paying the additional on a feature priced like that, that I don't want. Not a lot of negotiating on a brand new one.

Ordering is a minimum of 8 weeks. Adding in unforeseen delays 10-12 total.

Not that I want to spend your money or anything :D, but while you're right that you don't "need" the heads up display (HUD), you may be surprised to find how much you like it. I've had a few cars with one. At first, I thought it was silly and didn't care for it. But honestly, I grew to really, really like it. Don't have a car with HUD now, but if it were an option on any car I have, I'd be all in for it. I love them and hope to have another car with HUD some day. But maybe use it as a negotiator with the dealer. Tell them "Hey, listen...I want to buy your car, but I really don't need the HUD, it's an option I can live without. Either cut me a break on price or I can easily find a dealer who has one without it."

Back in 1986, my stepbrother and I were dually given a 1975 Chevy Luv pickup truck. It was a hunk of junk and was in the scrapyard a few months later.

My first car that I actually drove, and paid insurance on, and kept, was a 1979 Datsun 210. It was a can of beer with a lawn mower engine, and I loved it!

Now I drive a 2007 Toyota Yaris. It's small, uncomfortable, and noisy, and I love it! I'm going to get a bumper sticker that says, "Laugh all you want: I get 40 mpg."

Not that I want to spend your money or anything :D, but while you're right that you don't "need" the heads up display (HUD), you may be surprised to find how much you like it. I've had a few cars with one. At first, I thought it was silly and didn't care for it. But honestly, I grew to really, really like it. Don't have a car with HUD now, but if it were an option on any car I have, I'd be all in for it. I love them and hope to have another car with HUD some day. But maybe use it as a negotiator with the dealer. Tell them "Hey, listen...I want to buy your car, but I really don't need the HUD, it's an option I can live without. Either cut me a break on price or I can easily find a dealer who has one without it."

My husband and I were just talking about that. We feel like they can scrap 1,000 of it, or I'm gonna find one without it. It's cool. I test drove with it, just feels like I'd not use it much. The only other thing I'm choking on is the $895 destination fee! I mean whoa. The highest one I've ever seen on any car I've ever owned.

In 1978 I learned to drive and drove a hand-me-down 1967 Plymouth Belvedere. It lasted about 6 more months until it died.

Current car is a 2014 Hyundai Sonata, purchased new.

I never owned a car of my own until I bought my Sunfire, and I can't even remember the year it was - at least 15 years ago, maybe more.

DH had a 1974 Chevy Laguna when we got married in September 1975, then that following February we bought a 1976 Chevy 4-wheel drive pick-up truck so the Laguna pretty much became mine.

Currently DH drives a 2011 Dodge Ram truck (and he has a 1995 GM Sierra 4-wheel-drive diesel truck too), and I have a 2012 Chevy Equinox. We also have my Mom's 2008 Chevy Impala (it barely has 20,000 actual miles on it) as she lives in a nursing home and no longer drives.

My first car was a yellow 1972 Super Beetle. We nicknamed it the "Bug of Death". I loved that car. It developed the death wobble and finally got so bad, I almost lost the whole front end of the car on the freeway and was unfixable.

I currently drive a 2015 Audi A3 Cabriolet in glacier white metallic with black leather interior. I wanted a new convertible beetle in habanero orange, but DH HATES them and talked me into the Audi instead. I *love* my car! I've never been a "car person" before but I feel giddy just seeing my car in the garage! Taking the top down on my commute home from work saves thousands on therapy.

My first was a powder blue 1968 Ford Falcon named Penelope. My 2nd was my muscle car 1972 metallic blue with white pinstripes Plymouth Satellite, like a Dodge Charger, named Stanley.

Now I have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee but have a 2017 Jeep Rubicon, bright yellow, on order. The bells & whistles need 4 weeks to complete.

First car was a stinky old Buick that my parents bought from my sister's ex inlaws. They smoked a lot and no matter what we did we couldn't get rid of the smell . It also kept breaking down so we gotrid of it in less than a year and then I and a much nicer Hyundai Sonata when my dad got a new car I bought his.

I now drive a Mazda 5 ansd sometimes DH's Acura EL.

My first car was a red 1990 Hyundai Excel, with a sunroof. I thought it was hot stuff.

First and only brand new car was a 2002 steel blue Volkswagen Passat. When kid #2 came along we donated that to a women's shelter and got a used 2004 red Nissan Quest.

Now I drive a used 2010 white Chevy Traverse. I love that it is big enough for suitcases and my two big dogs, but it has had a lot of problems from the very beginning. We just paid it off so I guess I have to wait for it to completely die before I get anything else.

The first one that I bought was an 83 Toyota Tercel. I am currently driving a 2011 Acura MDX. And I am planning on getting something new next year - but don't know what yet.

I got my license in 1985 and my first car was a '79 Pontiac Phoenix (it was a gift). I bought my first new car in 1989 (a Ford Tempo) and have driven new ever since. I'm in a '15 Nissan Juke right now.

First car was a mid 60s Chevy Impala 4 door. It was my Mom's hand me down, huge and I hated it. When I graduated college got a little Fiat box car, which I pretty quickly traded for a 240Z. Which I loved, loved, loved. But I would stop for gas and it wouldn't start again (vapor lock) so it didn't last long.

Now I drive a 2010 Prius. Seems like it's going to last forever so no point trading it in.

DH has always been trucks, trucks, trucks. Still mourns his 2008 Tundra that got wrecked. But then he's a Contractor.

My first car was a black 96' Chrysler Sebring when I was 17...kept it for a few years. That was about 17 years ago now. I've had my 2013 Volvo XC60 for about 4 years now and love it.

Last edited:
My first car was an 86 black Plymouth Horizon hatchback. It was sitting in my aunt and uncle's driveway for years not running. My dad put a couple hundred bucks into getting it running for me. I drove it all summer babysitting and stuff, then he borrowed it one day to go to work brcause he had traded his car in and was supposed to pick up his new car from the dealer the next day. Wouldn't you know it- someone hit him on the freeway in Houston and totalled the car. Thankfully he wasn't hurt, but after that he insisted I have a bigger car. So I got an 81 Chevy Monte Carlo. I LOVED that car! DH and I still regret getting rid of it, but we needed a four door family car once DS was born.

I currently drive a 2012 Silver Toyota Rav-4. It is the first brand new car we've purchased. It had all the features I wanted and I absolutely love driving it. It is perfect for me now.

First car 1966 Rambler American (No no the cute Rambler, it's bigger uglier brother).

Currently driving 2017 Chevy Traverse. (Not cute either, but can carry everything)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter