?s about annual pass free and discounted tickets

kristinlynn

Mouseketeer
Our group of 5 will be visiting Seaworld for one day (Saturday, April 4) and it appears to work out better if we buy a gold annual pass for one person ($219), use the free ticket option for two guests, and the 50% discount for two guests ($53 each). In addition to the discounted admission, we'd also get free preferred parking, one animal encounter, a photo print, and a 15% discount on shopping and dining. This seems too good to be true, so I have a few questions:
1. Is there a catch/fine print that I'm missing?
2. Will I have a problem using two free passes and two discounted passes on the same day?
3. Is my pass renewal date on the anniversary of when I purchase the annual pass or on the first day that I use it?
4. How likely is it that our group of 5 could book a dolphin encounter the day we visit (I realize only the pass holder would get the free encounter and we'd have to pay for the other 4)? I'm used to Disney where you're out of luck if you don't book months in advance.
5. Looks like even if I buy the annual pass before our visit, I wouldn't be able to get the free and discounted guest tickets until we arrive at the park via a kiosk -- is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!

Last edited:
I am interested in this as well. I have an additional question. Does the annual pass begin on the day you buy it or the day you first use it?

So for those of you also interested in this, I called Sea World for some details (although would love for others to weigh in with their own experience) but this is what I learned:
1. Is there a catch/fine print that I'm missing? Not that I can identify.
2. Will I have a problem using two free passes and two discounted passes on the same day? The agent I spoke to said this was perfectly fine. All of my benefits will be available on the day I purchase the annual pass and there is no restriction on how many I can use at once. He also said that there are no blackout dates for the free/discounted passes in 2020.
3. Is my pass renewal date on the anniversary of when I purchase the annual pass or on the first day that I use it? The pass becomes active on the day you use it (unlike Disney, who doesn't activate the pass until first use). He suggested that I buy it online the morning I plan to visit. He said they'll send me an e-ticket that I can show to the parking attendant on my phone in order to get free parking. I can then exchange the e-ticket for an actual ticket with guest relations.
4. How likely is it that our group of 5 could book a dolphin encounter the day we visit (I realize only the pass holder would get the free encounter and we'd have to pay for the other 4)? I'm used to Disney where you're out of luck if you don't book months in advance. He couldn't give me any information on this. Although he did say that I could use my AP discount to book the other 4 encounters.
5. Looks like even if I buy the annual pass before our visit, I wouldn't be able to get the free and discounted guest tickets until we arrive at the park via a kiosk -- is this correct? Yes. The free/discounted tickets are purchased at the kiosk and must be used the same day they are printed.

I hope this information is helpful to others!

3. Is my pass renewal date on the anniversary of when I purchase the annual pass or on the first day that I use it? The pass becomes active on the day you use it (unlike Disney, who doesn't activate the pass until first use).

I hope this information is helpful to others!

Just to clarify the above, SeaWorld annual passes become active on the date of PURCHASE. Not the day of first use.

Good info here, Thank You
Was about to buy APs for upcoming year of trips to Florida. But now I will wait until I get there.

The hard part is which to buy. The platinum is so tempting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter