RV Rental and Universal Split Stay ??

shecup

Earning My Ears
Hi all, I think I posted this in the wrong forum so I'm going to try reposting here.

This is my first post, so please bear with me. Planning to go to Disney but decided to also spend a few days at Universal this trip (would be our first time) in addition to Epcot, MK, and maybe AK. Nothing set in stone but looking at 7 days at the end of August 2021. Thoughts on RV rental for the week at the Fort and driving (car rental) to Universal for 3 days? Or split stay at Universal? Or Universal for the week and driving to Epcot, MK, and AK? I haven't researched cost of parking/park tickets/food yet so that may answer some of my questions. Any thoughts and recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!
Tina

I don't have much advice other than, if you park the RV at Disney and want to hop over to Uni for some days, I'd look into Uber/Lyft to get over there. It might be cheaper to ride share both directions than it would be to pay for a rental and parking.

For day trips to Universal, you won't need a vehicle once you are there - you can park hop by walking between the parks (or taking the Hogwart's Express)

Thanks cschaaf! Appreciate the feedback. I think you may be right with the car rental and parking.

I would totally do a split stay and stay at one of the resorts with ep. SO worth it. And you are so close to the parks that way, you can easily walk if you don’t use the boat transportation. Beautiful deluxe resorts!

I'd split it up. The EP you get with the Universal stay is invaluable. Especially with renting the trailer, you have a great option. I'd go to the Fort first for your time there, then leave the camper early on your first Universal day. Take an Uber to Universal, check in, leave your bags, and head straight to the park. You can then stay 2 nights at the more costly Universal hotels, make great use of the EP, and Uber to an airport hotel on your final night to prepare for departure the next day (I assume that you are flying, as you won't have a car). This gives you all of the advantages of FW, as well as those of Universal onsite, without breaking the bank.

Prior to cancellation due to Covid, we had a similar plan for last summer. Even with our trailer in tow, we were going to leave it in a basic site at the local KOA while we stayed onsite for those 2 nights.

I would do Universal at the end of the trip, as it is much more relaxed than Disney. We are always exhausted at the end of a Disney trip, but never Universal. With EPs, no planning for the parks are needed, and we've only made one dinner reservation in our 4 trips.

Thank you all so much! I really hadn't done as much research as I thought. Now looking at the end of June instead of August. Ahh

Really grateful for all the advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter