Running with an ear headband?

iheartglaciers

DIS Veteran
Trying to brainstorm ideas for my Spring Surprise race outfits... do people run with ear headbands? Is there anything people usually do to help them stay on your head while running? Thanks!!

Trying to brainstorm ideas for my Spring Surprise race outfits... do people run with ear headbands? Is there anything people usually do to help them stay on your head while running? Thanks!!
From the way mine fit me, I could probably wear it while running with no problem. But the way my head sweats, I’d probably ruin it 😆

I did rabbit ears for the W&D 5K in 2019 and until I was in the path of the photopass photographers I held them (same with my rescue ranger Chip hat during the W&D 10k this past November)

I’ve worn all kinds of ear headband style headgear, but not official Disney branded ears. I’ve never had trouble with other things staying on. If anything, ear headbands are too tight on me so the issue is a headache from the grip, not falling off.
Also I’ve seen tons of other people wearing ears. They definitely wear them.

I think the best way to do this for running would be to make it into a hat. It would be more stable, adjustable around your head, etc.

I've worn them for several rD races, including for my first full marathon. Make sure they aren't brand new so they are a bit broken in and you know they fit properly, aren't too tight, etc. Also if you don't normally wear glasses but plan to wear sunglasses at any point in the race, figure out how you want to arrange all the bands around your ears for maximum comfort. I wear glasses all the time, so I'm used to this, and my fix is to angle the ears slightly forward so the band at my ears is behind the arm of my glasses. Practice at least one run in them to make sure it all works.

I wore some for the princess 1/2 a couple of years ago. I think I bought them off Amazon, and I'm not even sure they were adult (could of been youth sized). I didn't want to spend much money, because I wasn't sure i could tolerate them on my head for the race. I was prepared to just ditch them after pics if they bothered me too much. It ended up being so cold in 2020, that I ran the whole race with them on my head and honestly forgot they were even there. If it would have been warm, it may have been a different story.

I've only done one runDisney race, W&D half marathon, and I did wear Tinkerbell ears. They were from an Etsy shop, not Disney official park ears. I find the Disney park ears to be quite tight and I have a tiny head. My Etsy ears did not hurt but were tight enough/heavy enough to stay pretty still. I also had my hair all up in a bun so I could kind of support the ears from moving back to far because they stopped at my bun. I left them on the entire 13.1 miles and I'd do it again! Actually my profile pic here is that race and those ears!
Good luck to you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter