Running at WDW - staying at POP

toughmudder

Mouseketeer
Howdy all,

We're preparing for our first WDW vacation in nearly 10 years this February. I love to run, and am looking forward to running a few times on our trip. The last trip was a quick one, and I didn't take advantage of the vastness of the resort to get up and do any running in the morning.

We are staying at POP and I know there is a running/walking path that goes around Hourglass Lake. I could always make a few trips around it... and am planning on that at least once or twice. But if I'd like to go a fair distance (7 - 9 miles) and would like to explore the resort a little more, are there sidewalks or running paths that connect some of the resort areas... are am I pretty much on my own crossing busy streets, etc. to get around? I know that CBR is across the street, and that might make a nice change of pace. From there, are the Epcot resorts easily accessible? I'd love to run around the Boardwalk, etc. in the early morning.

Thanks for any info you can provide! ::yes::

You could do both paths? CBR is also huge. If you are willing to wind through walkways you could get pretty close.

Unless the resorts are connected, you will be highly discouraged by Disney security from running. There are VERY few sidewalks outside of the immediate resort and it truly is not safe to run along the road.

I THINK there are sidewalks from CSR to BB. And I THINK you can run from SSR to DTD. SSR is large enough that just lapping the outer sidewalks & the lake is close to 3 miles.

Runners that go farther that I do should be able to help more.

Best bet is to run the Boardwalk area. I did a run from Boardwalk, to Epcot, by Y&B, onwards to Hollywood Studios, back again, and then past Swan out to the sidewalk. You can go all the way around Epcot Resorts Blvd. I think there is one small section without sidewalk. You can do ~ 5 miles or so. And it's a safe route.

Maura

Thanks everyone for your advice! I'll do some more researching and be prepared before I go. I'll definitely be careful on those roads!

I looked closer on Google Maps... and it looks like I'd need to run along/across some busy roads (including Buena Vista Dr) to get from the POP/AoA/CBR area to the Epcot resorts. If anyone out there has done it (or knows the roads/sidewalks well) do share... otherwise, I'll probably just stick close to my home resorts.

Thanks everyone for your advice! I'll do some more researching and be prepared before I go. I'll definitely be careful on those roads!

I looked closer on Google Maps... and it looks like I'd need to run along/across some busy roads (including Buena Vista Dr) to get from the POP/AoA/CBR area to the Epcot resorts. If anyone out there has done it (or knows the roads/sidewalks well) do share... otherwise, I'll probably just stick close to my home resorts.

You can't run along the sides of roads. You will be stopped by Disney Security because it is just too dangerous. My husband was stopped by Disney Security when he tried to run on the road past SSR. Plus, if you have to go over the overpasses, you won't be able to do that at all.

Check out this website: http://www.disneyrunning.com/index.html

If you want to run at the Boardwalk, you'll need to take transportation over to the Boardwalk - like a Disney bus or your own car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!