Running at Saratoga Springs

hvanes

Mouseketeer
Our two older kids need to get some mileage in for xc while we're at WDW in a couple of weeks. Is there a suggested route or path someone could recommend? Staying at Saratoga Springs.

Our son just turned 18 and daughter is 15, and they'd stay together the whole time. I'm not worried about sending them off together in the early morning, but if I'm being naive, please chime in.

I'd let mine run the resort paths without me. But I might send them with a pepper spray just in case.

We stayed at Saratoga Springs a couple of weeks ago and it actually has some nice paths and is spread out in such a way where they'd be able to go get a nice run in, including on the path right across the water from Disney Springs.

WDW_Paul

I don't see any problems with it. If you want to make a route before hand you can use google maps to do that for you. I coach cross country at my middle school so I have been making our routes for the year using google maps. It saves me from having to run or walk the course to find the distance.

richierich - great idea, thanks!

wdw_paul - I was hoping that would be the case! Yay!!

They have a new balance running route marked on the maps spread throughout the property. I think it's on the resort map they give you at check in. I've done it in the early morning to avoid the heat and it was a nice route. Lots of other runners out there too, so just your normal awareness of your surroundings should be fine.

My sons run XC and winter/spring track. They run while on vacation also. We usually just look at the resort map and set up a route for them. We stayed in the paddock area twice at SSR and they ran on the path around the middle lake. It would probably depend on what section you are in, but we've never had a problem setting up a route at any of the resorts.

XC kids here, now a coach. I never worried about them getting mileage in. As long as they stay on paths, NO LANDSCAPE, they will be fine. And that resort gives plenty of option. Just stay off grassy etc areas due to critters, snakes and fire ants. CMs are working all hours, especially early morning so they should be plenty safe.

http://runningatdisney.com/disney-running-trails/saratoga-springs-resort/

Also from Disney -

"Jog on pathways throughout Walt Disney World Resort. Distances are approximate, and maps are available from Lobby Concierges."

Here are the New Balance Running Trails, says .75 and 1 mile.

Maps_Full_30045.jpg

Last edited:
When we stay at SSR I run the paths in the resort but my favorite run is actually through Disney Springs. They would have to go early but before everything opens it is a great loop and it's awesome to run through there when it's empty.

Plus if is light out, they could take the path and run over to Old Key West as well (path isn't lit when it is dark). Especially if they want miles. Or even run over to the Disney Springs hotels (non-Disney hotels).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter