Running and Racing and Dancing and Chasing: A 2017 Princess Half Marathon Weekend Trip Report!

I was surprised to get a buzz on my watch about 30 seconds before we started the race - a tracking notification that I'd started the 10K! Apparently, in my "I'm up front!" excitement, I had leaned over the starting line and the timing mat caught my bib. Oops!

That's not going to help your PoT any :rotfl:

I had a tough time getting back into the groove after standing in such a long line for the Evil Hag. My hip had tightened up...eek! :eek: It felt better as I ran more, thankfully.

So - the blah miles are done. Up next, the way more fun second half of the Princess 10K!

Those doggone hips I swear! Glad yours decided to loosen up and act right!
I love the 10K course, the last part is best! So much fun running through Epcot!
Loving the TR---of course!

special permission from runDisney to participate with their children
I wonder if this was "Make a Wish" Charity (or something like that?). So, special and heartwarming!

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. The shot with Evil Queen in Hag form!!! The set-up is amazing, and I likely would have waited any amount of time for a Villain!!

How frickin' awesome is the hag picture??!!!!!! I can't believe there were people who weren't excited about that meet. Seriously. What ARE they doing with their lives!?! :rotfl:

I love that you got to help carry the ribbon for your corral....I would've been feeling very official too :) The first out and back on the map of the course looks like it would be pretty boring, but I am super excited to hear about the more fun half! Go, you! :cheer2:

The 10k was my favourite course for the Dopey Challenge as well! It's just the perfect distance and right proportion of park/interesting course time.

K said that by the time they passed corral F, one of the mothers pushing her daughter was crying. I'm sure it meant so much to them to be able to do this! :lovestruc

I just got tots emosh reading this! :sad1:

Corral A was walked up after the wheelchair racers. Corral B was walked up soon after - since I was at the front, I got to hold the tape!

Yah!! We got to hold the tape in the 10k too! I felt so important!

"pardon me??? What are you doing with your life??" o_O

Best line from your trip report so far!!! HAHA! Totally agree though, like WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE??! o_O

Loving your trip report! I'm a newbie runner and I'm thinking about doing the Princess 10K next year. Your report is inspiring me!
You totally should! It's such a fun race! :)
Holding the tape! Yay....celebrity status! Lol! Off to a great start! So excited to read about this course! I wanted to run this course so bad! We would've been together in the same corrals for challenge :( boo!
Ugh - that just means you need to sign up again! :hug:
Yay for the 10K!

I love your pic with the Evil Hag- perfectly creepy! I was really worried about waiting in line for pictures and then having to get back in the groove- I bet it was hard!
It was hard! Normally it's okay if the lines are shorter, and if I'm in better shape (let's be honest)...but this was challenging! But worth it! :wizard:
Just reading about the wheelchair families and everyone cheering made me cry; if I was there it would be full on sobbing. Great photo stop!
It was so happy and sad at the same time, ya know? I am so not a crier but it was so emotional to see them. :lovestruc
That's not going to help your PoT any :rotfl:
:rotfl2: I will never use any Disney race as PoT!
Those doggone hips I swear! Glad yours decided to loosen up and act right!
Hips don't lie - and mine were telling me to not stop for so long like that! I did not listen. :teeth:
I love the 10K course, the last part is best! So much fun running through Epcot!
Me too!! Epcot AND the Boardwalk - WINNING!
Loving the TR---of course!
Thanks!! :yay:
I wonder if this was "Make a Wish" Charity (or something like that?). So, special and heartwarming!
I don't know, but I am so glad that they got to participate! It was so amazing to see them!
LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. The shot with Evil Queen in Hag form!!! The set-up is amazing, and I likely would have waited any amount of time for a Villain!!
GAHHH I JUST LOVED IT! One thing I forgot to mention is that she had to "leave" (i.e. switch out) for a second ;) so when she went to her trailer she was sort of, like, hobbling/limping along, and waving to us, very exaggerated and all that. Then "she" came back and was bounding and skipping. It was really funny.
How frickin' awesome is the hag picture??!!!!!! I can't believe there were people who weren't excited about that meet. Seriously. What ARE they doing with their lives!?! :rotfl:

I love that you got to help carry the ribbon for your corral....I would've been feeling very official too :) The first out and back on the map of the course looks like it would be pretty boring, but I am super excited to hear about the more fun half! Go, you! :cheer2:
BEST PICTURE! I had seen this meet in past race reports and it was one that I was hoping to get some day - so I can check it off of the list! :wizard:

The first out-and-back is totally boring, but the second half of the course makes up for it!
The 10k was my favourite course for the Dopey Challenge as well! It's just the perfect distance and right proportion of park/interesting course time.
Agree on all counts. I really think the 10K is my favorite distance!
I just got tots emosh reading this! :sad1:
Me tooooo :lovestruc
Yah!! We got to hold the tape in the 10k too! I felt so important!
All the cool people are doing it! :cool1:
Best line from your trip report so far!!! HAHA! Totally agree though, like WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE??! o_O
FOR REAL THOUGH. :confused3 The people around me in line, however, were more on my level and were super excited for it, so it was fun to talk to them while waiting!

The 10k course is my favorite as well! I saw your post on Instagram of you and the hag and shouted out loud "no way... that is awesome!" and may or may had a few people look at me weird!

Oh no & kind of funny on starting the 10k before you started, about how far was your time off then?

That 11 minute wait was totally worth it for Hag Witch! I love photopass, but don't like how they cut out some of the setups. Think at Darkside I'll use my camera too, which I didn't at wine & dine.

I love the 10K course too! You are big time, first corral A, now a tape holder?!

That's really cool they had Moana out.

I would have definitely waited that long for the Old hag! She is never out anywhere.

The 10k course is my favorite as well! I saw your post on Instagram of you and the hag and shouted out loud "no way... that is awesome!" and may or may had a few people look at me weird!
They just don't understand!
Oh no & kind of funny on starting the 10k before you started, about how far was your time off then?
About 30 seconds...nothing disastrous! :rotfl2: At least I wasn't trying to get PoT or PR!
That 11 minute wait was totally worth it for Hag Witch! I love photopass, but don't like how they cut out some of the setups. Think at Darkside I'll use my camera too, which I didn't at wine & dine.
Yeah, I love PhotoPass too but I always take my phone with me...just in case!
I love the 10K course too! You are big time, first corral A, now a tape holder?!
I'm pretty famous, when you think about it. ::yes:: :rotfl2:
That's really cool they had Moana out.
Agreed! I was excited to see her!
I would have definitely waited that long for the Old hag! She is never out anywhere.
I know!! I was so excited that she was out! :yay:

2017 Disney Princess 10K - Part 3

Back to Epcot! See the condensation on that sign? Holy humidity!

33172054175_2edfe1394d_z.jpg

I just love me some Epcot in the dark!

33130460966_170bfac475_z.jpg

32789589660_b7f3b10fa5_z.jpg

33044358831_bf99e72143_z.jpg

Cindy!

33044357931_513691ecf8_z.jpg

I'd been hoping to finish this race before sunrise...LOL NOPE!

33172048375_93462dafef_z.jpg

During the Epcot jaunt, I passed Dopey in Germany and Pinocchio/Geppetto in Italy. I probably need to stop for Dopey someday.

33156114136_686638a6a4_z.jpg

Marie was also out in France. Have met, did skip.

We headed out of Epcot through the International Gateway and I practically squealed when I saw Princess Minnie just after leaving the park! :yay: I briefly debated hopping in line right then, but decided to wait until later (I'd pass her again during the final mile) and see who was out at ESPN Club.

Oh, Boardwalk. I just love you so!

33172048515_3fa3687f6e_z.jpg

It turned out that Vacation Genie was out at ESPN. WAHH! I was hoping for someone in sports gear! I'd met Vacation Genie twice in November so I passed him up (sidenote: this is how I know I do too many runDisney races - I was all, "meh, Vacation Genie, whatever!"). And I was totally regretting my decision to temporarily skip Princess Minnie - what if her line was crazy huge by the time I got back to her? :faint:

Anyway - I was excited to see PhotoPass photographers out on the Boardwalk...something I didn't remember from January. Unfortunately, I look terrible in ALL of the Boardwalk shots. :rotfl2: Running is an ugly sport sometimes - I'd say about 10% of my PhotoPass pictures are winners, i.e., the ones you will see in this report ;) while the rest are, shall we say, not the greatest. Like...I either look like some graceful - gasp! - athlete/normal human, or a weird, flabby, gasping-for-air mess. So yeah, I wasn't too thrilled with my pictures from the Boardwalk. They will remain in the vault. :)

33172048225_2c5498a2b8_z.jpg

2017 Disney Princess 10K - Part 4

Moving on...Mile Marker 5 was at Yacht & Beach!

32356672343_ff1c91b2db_z.jpg

Back to International Gateway. Princess Minnie's line was only a few people bigger...whew! :banana: Another 11-12 minute line that was totally worth it!

"Gosh, Minnie...you’ve always been a princess to me!"

32815312780_08494687c6_z.jpg

Again, I felt I had tightened up while standing in this line, but it was WORTH IT!!

Back into Epcot at sunrise!

33172043815_1a67d93151_z.jpg

"Leaping, and bounding, hair flying, heart pounding!"
33130451136_99efb5db6a_z.jpg

Friggin step-sisters, get out of my picture!

32815313300_5592c4e546_z.jpg

See ya later, Epcot!

33172042405_9bbbb2f9c5_z.jpg

Dunzo!!

32789587180_ed104302f7_z.jpg

32815313740_60d6a1b5b7_z.jpg

Fun! This was my favorite race of the weekend, by far - like I said, I love the course, I was super happy about the characters (the Evil Hag! Princess Minnie!), and this medal was, I thought, the best out of the 4 Princess medals given out that weekend (pics to come!).

Up next - back to Epcot!

Last edited:
Princess Minnie, too--GASP!!!!--I love it!! I keep hearing about Vacation Genie in the runDisney reports I have been reading lately, BUT nobody has posted pictures!

I think the 10K course looks beautiful! You're right, that first out and back is totally worth it for the rest of the race to be that awesome! I'm really excited that I signed up for the 10K now!

Super-fantastic 10K!!! Princess Minnie is AWESOME!! I too love Epcot in the dark (but really, who wouldn't?)! Your jumping pics are sensational, how do you time them so well?

Congrats!

I have yet to meet vacation genie at a race. I say I'm going to do it every race weekend but never do it. Maybe/hopefully I'll do it in 2018.

Those dang step sisters ruin everything ;)

Ahh!!!!!!!!! Princess Minnie is my dream!
Seriously, I was so excited that she was out!! :lovestruc
The 10K course looks awesome! I didn't want to run 2 races, but now kind of regret it.
It's so awesome, I highly recommend it. The second half is pretty perfect.
Princess Minnie, too--GASP!!!!--I love it!! I keep hearing about Vacation Genie in the runDisney reports I have been reading lately, BUT nobody has posted pictures!

I think the 10K course looks beautiful! You're right, that first out and back is totally worth it for the rest of the race to be that awesome! I'm really excited that I signed up for the 10K now!
Yes! The original princess, in my opinion. :)

Here is Vacation Genie (and me)!
30283442714_d8a2e97845_z.jpg

Super-fantastic 10K!!! Princess Minnie is AWESOME!! I too love Epcot in the dark (but really, who wouldn't?)! Your jumping pics are sensational, how do you time them so well?
Yes, I so love the Disney 10Ks - both Disney World and Disneyland!

The jumping pics...I think the photographers have become experts at them! They sometimes count out when to jump and they come out okay! The CM that had my phone I think just help the button down and took mulitiple shots. :)
Congrats!
Thanks!
I have yet to meet vacation genie at a race. I say I'm going to do it every race weekend but never do it. Maybe/hopefully I'll do it in 2018.
I hope so! He seems to be out at a number of Disney races (twice during Princess weekend and twice during Wine & Dine weekend, for example...and I know he was out at races before Wine & Dine) so I think you have a good chance of seeing him out again!
Those dang step sisters ruin everything ;)
Right? Could be worse, at least they didn't make me do chores for them! :)

Sooo excited to read about your 5k run! We were in Corral A too but waaay behind ya. That was pretty cool you were in that Disney TV promotional video, although I don't know who that actress is either. Wow you finished the race so quickly! That's so funny the buses weren't even there yet! I'm amazed you were able to go to the parks right after. We're such newbies we just passed out hahaha. I had thoughts of going to the parks after the 5k but that was short-lived after the morning.

The 10 k course looks amazing. You have really got me intrigued! And those characters! The old hag...Princess Minnie, so cool!!! Are all the 10k courses the same? I really want to try doing the Dark side one year and I would do the 10k if it's that course. I loved going through Epcot! Congrats again! That's so awesome you did all the races that weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts