runDisney Virtual Shorts - An *Incredible* Year 3

I'm a little meh on the medals, but still excited to have signed up and be getting one full set for the series while motivating my family to get out there and train. (And the medals are growing on me.) Not sure what we're going to do with the collapsible dog bowl, but I like the towel and can use that at the gym. And for those that are going the one registration per family route, for a family of four, that's actually a savings of $426! Somehow I had $120 per series registration in my head when I posted originally instead of the actual $142.

If a Canadian registered to one of the race, would it be possible to tell me what the shipping and handling charges amount to?

I was going to sign up for the whole series, but not a huge fan of this year's medals. So I signed up for the August one because I like that medal the best! With the exchange rate, shipping charges and active fee it will Be a whole lot more than "$40". The shipping is $5 for the one medal....not sure if more than one will cost more than that. The active fee is $2.97. Then the exchange rate on top!

Do I need to do anything to get the dog tag and the bowl?
Just register for the series by April 30 it says
"Complete all three Running Shorts 5Ks within the scheduled dates and you'll earn the Running Shorts Pluto Series Medal and Coolcore towel in addition to your Dog Tag, Dog Bowl and Dog House Finisher Medals. Register for the series by April 30, 2017 and receive a commemorative dog tag for your pet and a collapsible bowl."

Well I bit the bullet. I really like the medals and registered.
should say, bit the dog bone hahaha! But really it's so fun & bonus no way too early wake ups!

I'm not the biggest Pluto fan, but due to a precarious employment situation, I had to skip last year. So I'm in for the whole series!

I just register because I like the medals. Then I went on the website to buy the magnet and it is already sold out. How is that possible?. Why would people be able to buy 10 ??? It should only be available to those who register for the race, it seems. I guess I will go check on ebay.
Diane

.... Then I went on the website to buy the magnet and it is already sold out. How is that possible?. Why would people be able to buy 10 ??? It should only be available to those who register for the race, it seems. I guess I will go check on ebay.
Diane

What?? :( Oh man, I was going to buy one tonight. Bad combo of it being the only AFFORDABLE souvenir (yeah I'm looking at you, $90 jacket) and free shipping today. Hopefully they will make more.

I just register because I like the medals. Then I went on the website to buy the magnet and it is already sold out. How is that possible?. Why would people be able to buy 10 ??? It should only be available to those who register for the race, it seems. I guess I will go check on ebay.
Diane
At a runDisney race weekend merchandise is not just for those registered for the race and people can buy bulk if they so choose. This is really no different.

I bought the pin this afternoon when I noticed the free shipping. Glad I didn't dilly dally if that is the next item to sell out.

I've always said that I'm not a virtual run person, but I'm contemplating this. After my 10 miler next weekend, I don't have a race on the calendar until late September. After spending winter/spring building up to my marathon, my plan was to spend the summer doing shorter runs and work on increasing my speed. Having a monthly 5K "speed test" for myself could be a fun bit of extra motivation. And I have a dog, so the bonus accessories would be used. Hmm... :scratchin

Sadly, I'm going to skip this year and I really didn't want to originally. I signed up for the Mickey series, but I'm just not a fan of the colors for Pluto. Plus I'm not happy with the price jump, it's a bad indication that the price will keep going up next year and afterwards. I'm funneling the money I was going to spend on these to my savings for the next trip instead. I've got the Muddy Mortal to train for this summer anyway, so I still have motivation to get out there and get moving.

Sadly, I'm going to skip this year and I really didn't want to originally. I signed up for the Mickey series, but I'm just not a fan of the colors for Pluto. Plus I'm not happy with the price jump, it's a bad indication that the price will keep going up next year and afterwards. I'm funneling the money I was going to spend on these to my savings for the next trip instead. I've got the Muddy Mortal to train for this summer anyway, so I still have motivation to get out there and get moving.
What got me into virtual running was the runDisney Virtual Shorts.

I missed last year registration but was running and wanted a memory of my 2016 runs and visit to Disney so I bought my favorite Mickey medal.

I was going to sign up for the 2017 series but, like Celesdragon, I am disappointed enough by this year medals that I signed up to other virtual races instead... Some of them linked to my visit to UO next summer!

First post (I think)! I've been lurking for a bit around here. I'm relatively new to running but I signed up for the Wine & Dine Half later this year, which will only be my third Half Marathon. I've been following the posts on this board a bit and building enthusiasm for my first Disney run!

To the topic at hand, I'm a pretty big Pluto fan. So I've also now signed up for this series too. I'm excited despite the fact that generally speaking the cost-benefit doesn't seem to be there for these virtual runs. If it wasn't for Pluto, I probably wouldn't have done this.

Anyway I'm glad they chose Pluto and I'm looking forward to the medals. I'm also happy to be joining the run Disney community and looking forward to completing a run inside the actual WDW resort and some of the theme parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter