RunDisney Charity Sponsors - ideas for raising funds, family supports, etc

Grendalynn

Self Proclaimed DIS Veteran
:teacher: Hey Dis Fans! IDS and I are supporting The Teaching & Learning Collaborative for the upcoming Wine & Dine race weekend in November. We have to raise over $600 for our spots in the Jungle Jungle 5K race in November. We have put ploys out to our friends and family on facebook and such, but we are still short money with the ending date not too far away. In the big scheme of things our fundraising goal is pretty small in comparison to some groups. I plan to pay off the balance, but hoped to get some help along the way from friends, family and fellow runners... Anyone else out there ever had to raise funds to run under a charity for a Disney Race? And if so, what did you do to boost your campaign and donations? pixiedust:

:teacher: Hey Dis Fans! IDS and I are supporting The Teaching & Learning Collaborative for the upcoming Wine & Dine race weekend in November. We have to raise over $600 for our spots in the Jungle Jungle 5K race in November. We have put ploys out to our friends and family on facebook and such, but we are still short money with the ending date not too far away. In the big scheme of things our fundraising goal is pretty small in comparison to some groups. I plan to pay off the balance, but hoped to get some help along the way from friends, family and fellow runners... Anyone else out there ever had to raise funds to run under a charity for a Disney Race? And if so, what did you do to boost your campaign and donations? pixiedust:
Raising money is a difficult task, and depending on your charity's rule it can be very difficult. I had to raise $4,000 for a race once and here are some ways I got to that mark. I did a 50/50 raffle for $5.00 a ticket. It's a very simple thing to do and people are more willing to participate when there is a risk/reward + "If I don't win then its for charity". I brought in ~$1,000 alone with this one. If the charity you are supporting has a Tax ID #, have that handy as well for people who give you cash or check. You can also get stores in your area to donate things and have a auction, raffle, plate lunch/bake sale. Some stores will do this if you can give them the Tax ID#. People are also more willing to donate if you ask them in person, or by phone instead of just Facebook.
Another idea that you could try, that I read about is getting a few local businesses to support you for 1 mile of the race for "X amount of money". For their donation you have to have some sort of way that their logo is visible during that mile...

Hope this help you achieve or exceed your goal and good luck on your upcoming race.

Hey I am signed up with the Learning and Teaching Collaborative as well for raising $942 to run the Glass Slipper Challenge! I have no real experience with fundraisers. However, from obtaining sponsors for an event I plan yearly, I have asked Chipotle to sponsor me in this and they are holding a fundraiser for me. All I had to do was give them my name, email, and company, as well pick a time (They wanted to pick a slow day from 4-8pm 3 weeks out) and after I completed the Tax ID charity form and was 'approved', they sent me fliers... I now just need to hand out fliers for people to come by on August 12th and they will donate 50% of earnings to my charity.

Around here I've seen people partner with bars for fundraisers. You let people know they can pay a certain amount ($5-$10) and they get discounted drinks. It's generally at a slow time so the bar benefits as well by getting extra people in the door. People coming benefit by getting some discounts for their donation. This is generally combined with the raffle so people can pay more to get raffle tickets and the drawing is done at some point during the event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter