runDisney bag check

pixarmom

DIS Veteran
Hello runners! Wondering about your experiences with bag check. I've been able to avoid checking a bag until the PHM last month. When I ran the PHM last month, I purchased the race retreat and loved the super quick bag check. Now that I have experience with runDisney events at both WDW and DL, I'm more comfortable with the set up and would probably skip the race retreat for the full marathon in January. Although I loved the race retreat bag check, the regular bag check outside the race retreat tent didn't look all that busy either. Thoughts and experiences with bag check?

I did bag check in 2012 with W&D and had no trouble with it. I waited maybe all of a minute or two to check in my bag. After I finished the race, I walked right up and was handed my bag right away.

I've used it for pretty much every runDisney race I've done (at the very least, I want some lip balm, or flip-flops, or a dry shirt available immediately after the race) and it's always been easy in, easy out.

I used it for the first time at Princess. When I went to get my back, THEY ALL STOPPED AND APPLAUDED FOR ME. I was in tears, mostly because I had traveled alone and had no one cheer for me "personally" and they did.

I don't know if that is the norm, but it certainly made me more likely to use bag check again.

In contrast, I've used bag check at RnR races and waited half an hour for my bag. So ridiculous. Disney has SO many volunteers and everything so organized, I can't imagine it would take more than a minute to get your bag back.

Thanks so much to all of you for the responses - this is sounding good! As much as I enjoyed it for my first half marathon, I'll likely skip the race retreat next time - that was the last piece of information I needed to make my decision, so I really appreciate it. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!