Rumoured 10/1 Date For Start Of VGF2 Sales

They will charge what the market will bear...

With its premium location and flagship status reputation, buyers may be willing to pay more for GFV than for Riviera..
Being larger than most on-property studios including existing GFV studios, buyers may be willing to pay more..
Being done "on the cheap" without kitchen sinks, and limited to just studios, buyers may be willing to pay less.

My guess -- They start pricing pretty high. But they will adjust incentives based on demand. After incentives, I'd guess slightly higher than Riviera.

On resale restrictions.... I'm a lawyer but not a FL timeshare lawyer. I strongly suspect it is possible for Disney to put in re-sale restrictions but it may require some contractual gymnastics. Depending on the ease or difficulty of those gymnastics, we may or may not see the re-sale restrictions. I'm sure Disney would want to include the resale restrictions, but it may (or may not) be too complicated to do so in an existing condo association.
They have never once started prices high and lowered them if demand was soft. They historically open very close/same price as current resorts and then raise them fairly quickly if sales are high.

They have never once started prices high and lowered them if demand was soft. They historically open very close/same price as current resorts and then raise them fairly quickly if sales are high.

Yes and no. DVC doesn't often reduce base prices, but incentives fluctuate. There have been multiple occasions where final, out-the-door prices declined. When DVC resumed operations in June 2020, the price for riviera points was lower than any previously offered rate. That's just one example off the top of my head.

And I believe the base price even went down on resorts like Saratoga and Animal Kingdom late in their active sales life. Not lower than the initial offering price, but DVC seemingly realized that the "going rate" had grown too high for resorts that had been selling for 5-6 years.

Yes, they absolutely have. They increased incentives during the pandemic at the Riviera as the most recent example. They reduce prices all the time by adjusting the incentives.

Actually, you have to walk past the desk, go to the restroom, knock three times on the fourth tile to the right of the sink, then say the password...

The wall will then open, revealing a staircase to an unused corridor beneath the main atrium. You need to go to the door in that corridor marked with the bio-hazard symbol, knock the tune of the Mickey Mouse Club on that door, and then push $100 bills underneath the door. A deed will be returned under the door representing your purchased points.

The wall will then open, revealing a staircase to an unused corridor beneath the main atrium. You need to go to the door in that corridor marked with the bio-hazard symbol, knock the tune of the Mickey Mouse Club on that door, and then push $100 bills underneath the door. A deed will be returned under the door representing your purchased points.

Except the deed will be printed in invisible ink. To read the deed, proceed to Cinderella's Castle, go to the mural and rub the deed against the stones. After this first step, proceed to Aloha Isle and ask for the "secret Dole Whip float".... when dipped into the secret flavor float... the lettering on the deed will start to appear. But lo and behold, it's not actually the deed. It's a treasure map... pointing the way to the elusive VGF points..

Along with an X marking the spot, there is written, "for sale in 2022"

Except the deed will be printed in invisible ink. To read the deed, proceed to Cinderella's Castle, go to the mural and rub the deed against the stones. After this first step, proceed to Aloha Isle and ask for the "secret Dole Whip float".... when dipped into the secret flavor float... the lettering on the deed will start to appear. But lo and behold, it's not actually the deed. It's a treasure map... pointing the way to the elusive VGF points..

Along with an X marking the spot, there is written, "for sale in 2022"
And I have all of this to look forward to IN JUST 29 DAYS!!! Though I did just hear that all VGF2 points will be packaged with an equal amount of Aulani points which we’ll also be required to buy. The combined resorts will be known as Villas At The Grand Floridian And Aulani, VGFA. On the plus, Victoria and Albert’s will be moving into the former Ama Ama space at Aulani.

The one negative is that you’ll only get the 11 month window at either one resort or the other, as dictated by an obscure Hawaiian timeshare law. At closing you’ll be required to flip a special edition coin, heads VGF, tails Aulani. You will, however, for an additional fee, be able to keep the coin.

And I have all of this to look forward to IN JUST 29 DAYS!!! Though I did just hear that all VGF2 points will be packaged with an equal amount of Aulani points which we’ll also be required to buy. The combined resorts will be known as Villas At The Grand Floridian And Aulani, VGFA. On the plus, Victoria and Albert’s will be moving into the former Ama Ama space at Aulani.

You heard wrong. It's the Grand FlAulanian.

A word of caution...there are some unverified claims being made on this thread. The only thing known for certain about VGF2 sales is that they are starting on 10/1/21.

A word of caution...there are some unverified claims being made on this thread. The only thing known for certain about VGF2 sales is that they are starting on 10/1/21.

What exactly is your definition of "known for certain"?

I am waiting for all the "I won't buy cause restrictions" mantra begins and then see where people stand. If you think they won't include restrictions to handicap RIV your solely mistaken especially where sales haven't been impacted.

Exactly!!! :) The sun always rises in the west, water always flows downhill, and VGF2 sales will start at 8:00 am on 10/1/21.

What exactly is your definition of "known for certain"?
From the DISboards dictionary:
cer·tain /ˈsərtn: A Disney rumor floated by a bus driver
i.e. "VGF2 sales start 10/1/21, I know this for certain because someone said a bus driver mentioned that he thought it likely"

You mean to tell me the studios will not have a kitchenette sink? Good Grief!! That is some serious cheapness right there. What will they forgo with future DVC resorts? They literally have no shame what so ever.

You mean to tell me the studios will not have a kitchenette sink? Good Grief!! That is some serious cheapness right there. What will they forgo with future DVC resorts? They literally have no shame what so ever.
Chamber pot is next

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts