Rumoured 10/1 Date For Start Of VGF2 Sales

Hate to see how DVC IT would handle this, considering all the other issues we have with booking right now. Especially current owners who add-on which would set up a situation where you would have eligible points and ineligible points for a booking before they declare units in the new building.

I didn’t think of that. That’s a great point. Might be why we won’t see sales until closer to opening date.

Since this is the same association, does anyone remember how it worked with Jambo and Kidani when they started selleing?

Normally you can not use points until your resort opens. But VGF is open and points will be eligible for both.

Just wondering if they can sell new points attached to the new rooms before they are officially eligible for occupancy and restrict those owners from booking elsewhere until that date.

I hadn't thought of that!

We purchased AKV pre-opening. Our unit is in Jambo House and we could use our points before anyone that had a Kidani Village unit because our units occupancy date was prior to KV opening.
I think if this happened there would be some very angry current owners who got shut out of the weeks leading up to Christmas. Especially since it is a very small resort, and the weeks leading up to Christmas are already a dog fight.

IIRC, plans call for the refurb of GF hotel rooms this coming November. My guess is that they will begin the conversion of the Big Pine Building at the same time. I have no guess as to the start date for sales, but I do not think it will be this year.

We purchased AKV pre-opening. Our unit is in Jambo House and we could use our points before anyone that had a Kidani Village unit because our units occupancy date was prior to KV opening.
To expand on this:
When AKV was announced, it only consisted of Kidani Village. After construction began, the hotel division decided to turn over the units in Jambo House to DVC. The Jambo House units open in 2007, while Kidani Village didn't open until 2009.

Converting Big Pine Key to DVC units and adding them to VGF is the same as when they added the Treehouse Villas to SSR.

Since this is the same association, does anyone remember how it worked with Jambo and Kidani when they started selleing?

Normally you can not use points until your resort opens. But VGF is open and points will be eligible for both.

Just wondering if they can sell new points attached to the new rooms before they are officially eligible for occupancy and restrict those owners from booking elsewhere until that date.

In order to sell and allow people to use these new points, enough new rooms have to be dedicated to allow the purchasers to immediately use the points. This isn't the same as any new resort, when they can "pre-sell" with an opening date, because the current association exists and is currently operating. There will be no special VGF2 points, only VGF points, so the agreements in force are the ones from the original VGF development. I suppose they could try to limit purchasers who want to buy VGF2 (technically VGF) before enough points are dedicated, or sell their developer points and exchange them for "future" points when the new rooms are dedicated, but both are fraught with potential legal minefields.

Along the same lines, what happened with the SSR THV? Didn't those come after SSR had initially sold out?

Along the same lines, what happened with the SSR THV? Didn't those come after SSR had initially sold out?

Yes. That may be a better comparison and I don’t remember how that worked either.

But all of this little nuisances will impact when they start selling more points. I tend to think it leads to sales not starting until spring when they have rooms to go with them.

Yes, the THV were added to SSR after being "sold out". Basically, they declared a portion of the units into the condo association and then "reopened" sales in Jan 2009 with the actual THVs open for occupancy in Jun 2009.

I would suspect that they may take a tiered approach with sales. I suspect that existing VGF owners would likely get the first purchase opportunity, followed by owners at other resorts, and then finally sales open to everyone.

I hope they do start 10/1….selfishly in awaiting ROFR and if they’re selling a new batch of points maybe they won’t take mine!

Agree with @CraigInPA. DVD can't sell points until the associated units are declared into the condominium. They can't declare units into the condominium until they are ready for occupancy.

That said, I don't see why they can't sell points with a stipulation that they cannot be used to book anything before mm/dd/yyyy, with mm/dd/yyyy equal to the date the units are ready for occupancy.

Agree with @CraigInPA. DVD can't sell points until the associated units are declared into the condominium. They can't declare units into the condominium until they are ready for occupancy.

That said, I don't see why they can't sell points with a stipulation that they cannot be used to book earlier than mm/dd/yyyy, when mm/dd/yyyy is the date the units are ready for occupancy.
They can and have previously declared units into the condo association before they were ready for occupancy. This is what they do at every new resort they've built.

Hmmm. So they are starting to answer the phones in less than 10 minutes rather than 3 hours. Maybe the want to get rid of any bad press about the phone line waits before starting sales on October 1st.

They can and have previously declared units into the condo association before they were ready for occupancy. This is what they do at every new resort they've built.
Yes, but they say the points cannot be used for any stay prior to the opening of the resort. I think they will do the same here. I expect a late winter early spring launch date for selling VGF. I don’t see DVC selling points for a building it has 0 control over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts