Rumoured 10/1 Date For Start Of VGF2 Sales

Stargazer65

Disney Honorary Bus Driver since 2009
There's talk that sales for VGF2 are poised to coincide with Disney's official 50th Anniversary. :woohoo:

Anyone else know anything about it?

There was a good source that said it would go on sale on 8/5 and welp that came and went.
I know, I know...that didn't quite pan out. But really, this time it's gonna be different. This is entirely more credible.

There was a good source that said it would go on sale on 8/5 and welp that came and went.
I do wonder whether or not the apparent quiet after the 8/4 riviera "sale" expiration indicates they may go silent on new riviera offers until they at least have a VGF pricing structure in place to start communicating, especially if people are right who speculated that they may sell riviera as the "cheaper" option (i know there's plenty of disagreement on that topic altogether).

Presumably if the january sales price increases continue to be a thing, i would think there will be some lead time on VGF pricing rumors in order to level set those two "competing" sales interests come 2022.

I do wonder whether or not the apparent quiet after the 8/4 riviera "sale" expiration indicates they may go silent on new riviera offers until they at least have a VGF pricing structure in place to start communicating, especially if people are right who speculated that they may sell riviera as the "cheaper" option (i know there's plenty of disagreement on that topic altogether).

Presumably if the january sales price increases continue to be a thing, i would think there will be some lead time on VGF pricing rumors in order to level set those two "competing" sales interests come 2022.
or maybe we'll just get the revised riviera promotion in a few weeks and i'll look dumb.

Since this is the same association, does anyone remember how it worked with Jambo and Kidani when they started selleing?

Normally you can not use points until your resort opens. But VGF is open and points will be eligible for both.

Just wondering if they can sell new points attached to the new rooms before they are officially eligible for occupancy and restrict those owners from booking elsewhere until that date.

Since this is the same association, does anyone remember how it worked with Jambo and Kidani when they started selleing?

Normally you can not use points until your resort opens. But VGF is open and points will be eligible for both.

Just wondering if they can sell new points attached to the new rooms before they are officially eligible for occupancy and restrict those owners from booking elsewhere until that date.
I don't remember exactly, but I guess it could work that owners of the new contracts can begin booking reservations before opening, but only for dates after opening, because Units are declared but don't exist yet.
Like people who purchase a new resort can start booking before opening but they cannot book for other resorts for reservations before opening date. (I think that's how it worked for Riviera)

Last edited:
I don't remember exactly, but I guess it could work that owners of the new contracts can begin booking reservations before opening, but only for dates after opening, because Units are declared but don't exist yet.
Like people who purchase a new resort can start booking before opening but they cannot book for other resorts for reservations before opening date. (I thinknthat's how worked for Riviera)
Hate to see how DVC IT would handle this, considering all the other issues we have with booking right now. Especially current owners who add-on which would set up a situation where you would have eligible points and ineligible points for a booking before they declare units in the new building.

Like people who purchase a new resort can start booking before opening but they cannot book for other resorts for reservations before opening date. (I thinknthat's how worked for Riviera)

That’s what I am curious about since they are the same association

I didn’t know if that somehow changed the rules.

We purchased AKV pre-opening. Our unit is in Jambo House and we could use our points before anyone that had a Kidani Village unit because our units occupancy date was prior to KV opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter