Rumors that Disney is in negotiations to sell Star Wars back to George Lucas!

But it has never been called Walt Disney Land - it is "Disneyland" - one word. Proeprly it is "Disneyland Resort" or DLR and the park itself is "Disneyland Park" which is usually just DL as an appreviation.
Thanks, Brian, maybe that is what people mean by "WDL," but as you say, Walt's first name was never part of the park's name.

As someone who visited Disneyland for decades before DCA was added and the place became "Disneyland Resort," I still struggle to use "DLR." :-)

I mean I agree with both of you, but that is what the poster meant I am 99% sure.

I agree it has always been just Disneyland to me, however WDW is just Disney World to many people also.

Thanks, Brian, maybe that is what people mean by "WDL," but as you say, Walt's first name was never part of the park's name.

As someone who visited Disneyland for decades before DCA was added and the place became "Disneyland Resort," I still struggle to use "DLR." :-)
Walt DisneyLand was what I meant, not my usual place so not used to the proper name for the Happiest Place On Earth
LOL not sure how I quoted myself but it has been a looooong day so pardon my dorktastic posting

It's just "Disneyland" in California. The Florida Project was originally just going to be named "Disney World" but before it opened, Roy Disney re-named it "Walt Disney World" to honor Walt after he passed away. At least that is the story that I've read.

Very much enjoyed this series. Now, we'll have to wait a long time for the continuation/conclusion due to the strikes.

It was really good, I have been quite surprised it has not moved the needle more in the Star Wars fandom. I ultimately just think the brand was just too damaged and it will take several more good new shows / movies to bring back the fans. I also think the pool of super fans for Ahsoka is somewhat limited as not everyone watches the cartoon SW content.

I don't think it has much to do with the brand and more that it was a show that you really needed to have watched at least Rebels to be into. I'm actually a little surprised they didn't really explain the backstory a little more. It's not like Andor or Mandalorian which brought you in from the jump and set up everything. This was not approachable to some but like Andor shows Lucasfilm and Disney can do quality Star Wars content.

Then again, I'm not that worried what moves social media as it's a vocal minority and not totally representative of the fandom.

Agree to disagree, what trends on social media is what people are talking about. When lots of people are talking about a show, it means it’s reaching the masses. When you reach the masses your viewership, merchandising, toy sales, and advertising potential skyrockets. Sorry to say it simply doesn’t matter is just false. I can assure you it matters to Bob Iger and Disney investors.

surprise-welcome.gif

Good move, I think he understands George’s vision more than just about anyone else. Now if the KK from south park will just leave him alone, I think he can right the ship.

Well, there goes the neighborhood. Dave Filoni is the worst thing that ever happened to Star wars, so we can only expect tripe from here on out. No more good stories, no more themes, just endless "Wouldn't it be cool if X meets Y," random major retcons, death becoming meaningless, overpowered Mary Sues, pointlessly convoluted lore, and movies that are just playing with action figures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter