I don't buy it. I think this is just extrapolating from Iger's penchant for making deals and that this one would be huge. I think Iger is more of a buyer though, not a seller. I predict he will end with an acquisition of whoever is vulnerable at the time.
I hope not. I like both, but I like them separate. Plus, I just don't know if Apple knows how to do any of Disney's businesses. They have only just gotten into media/streaming but are doing a pretty good job. It might fix Disney's IT though. People think MB+ is expensive; just wait for the apple watch replacement.
- iDisneyExperience and iMagicBand incoming. Also - iMagicBands will only work with iOS but will have an integrated AirTag so if you lose it you can find it.
- Customer service will be available by appointment only as the "Mickey Bar" in person or available via iMessage. Cast Members will now be called "Disney Geniuses".
- Rides will go back to being pay per and tickets to each ride will be sold through the Apple App Store only, there will be an In App purchase for a bundle of 1 ticket to each ride per day. Discounts for buying 5 days and BEST DEAL an even bigger discount for buying 10 days. (If you've ever looked at in app purchases for games, you'll know what I mean lol).
- Apple Pay will be the only payment method allowed in the parks, but if you have the Apple Card you'll earn 3% back on all purchases.
- Lines will be a thing of the past - your place in the queue will be virtual, available through iDisneyExperience on your phone
- All parks will offer multiple languages on rides exclusively available using Apple Airpods.
- With the release of Apple's iGlasses, rides will begin to use Augmented reality. Want to ride the Haunted Mansion Christmas overlay? It is an AR experience now. Want to ride Hyperspace mountain? Also an AR experience.
- iDisneyExperience and Disney IT in general now actually works because Apple knows how to develop an App. But it only works on iPhones or Safari.
- DVC website still doesn't work right as nobody cares about DVC members
Lets be real though - if Apple buys Disney, they'll split the parks out from the studios and just keep the studios and IP. The parks will get sold to Universal
Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.