Rumor of deals to come...

MickeysFans

Mouseketeer
Heard that some pros think Disney will offer some goodies (in addition to what is out there) to lure people away from Universal/ Harry Potter. I hope so, some people are saying that they are calling and getting pins for free dining during early summer. Anyone have any ideas what may come?:confused3

We got the free summer dining but it is only through 7/3 so I don't see it keeping people away from Harry Potter all summer.

I forgot about that. We have been planning to go to Universal in Dec for Harry Potter but for a good deal we will definately do Disney too.

I hope they do something to get people there. Because Universal will be very busy with Harry !

I am hoping for Free Dining.. Without it we will be cancelling our trip. It's a better deal for our family. Here's Hoping....

I will pledge my allegiance to Disney and forget the name Harry Potter ever existed for a good deal. :goodvibes If we are gonna dream lets dream big I want Buy 4/Get 3 PLUS the gift card deal from early last year.

:wizard: ABRACADABRA..........

I don't understand someone not liking Universal just because it isn't Disney. Especially if they have never been there.

I don't understand someone not liking Universal just because it isn't Disney. Especially if they have never been there.

I agree, if someone hasn't been there, they can't really say they don't like it. (Though, I didn't see anyone say that here.)
I will say though, we did Disney, Universal and Sea World on our first trip. We probably should have done Universal first instead of putting it in between days at Disney. We compared everything to Disney. It just wasn't as "magical". Some employees were downright rude - and we did complain during our survey exiting the park, and it just wasn't as clean. Universal was actually quiet when we went, we were suprised but midway through the day the crowds picked up. So, I CAN see someone not liking Universal AS MUCH as Disney. But we'd go back again because it was fun! :goodvibes

I never been to Universal and really have no interest to go. I guess because we're not thrill riders.:)

FWIW no one on this thread mentioned not liking Universal.

Umm I have been there and don't like it. But I am willing to give it another shot b/c the opening of Harry Potter World and many other changes in the few years since I have been there.

I've been to Universal, WDW, Sea World and I liked them all. I usually do both Universal and WDW when we go.

We like all the rides, and we love the FOTL we get when we stay onsite at Universal.

I'm waiting until Harry has been open for 6 mths before we go check it out. I imagine the crowds will be crazy and they won't have FOTL on each of those rides at the begining. They usually have it done by the time the ride is 6 mths out.

It's definately not the magical feel you get from Disney but it's great for older kids who love the coasters. Not big on the character's like Disney either but for Dora fans it's a must. My daughter loves Universal and I'm sure it's only because she gets to see Dora and ride the ET ride. She is 5.

We got the free summer dining but it is only through 7/3 so I don't see it keeping people away from Harry Potter all summer.

Hi! You mentioned that you got free summer dining. I just reserved our room today and didn't see that option. Is that valid for my stay 6/27 through 7/2? I'd love to have free dining! We were actually considering going to US for the Harry Potter attraction, but decided against it for now because our girls aren't quite old enough.

Let me know your secret! Thanks!:cheer2:

I will pledge my allegiance to Disney and forget the name Harry Potter ever existed for a good deal. :goodvibes If we are gonna dream lets dream big I want Buy 4/Get 3 PLUS the gift card deal from early last year.

:wizard: ABRACADABRA..........

any chance of them doing this in the fall? :eek:

Hi! You mentioned that you got free summer dining. I just reserved our room today and didn't see that option. Is that valid for my stay 6/27 through 7/2? I'd love to have free dining! We were actually considering going to US for the Harry Potter attraction, but decided against it for now because our girls aren't quite old enough.

Let me know your secret! Thanks!:cheer2:
It is valid for people who are registered on disneyworld.com and have gotten the offer by email. The emails are randomly sent, so not everyone gets the code to book the offer. And, yes, it's valid for those dates. Hope this helps pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter