CONFIRMED - Illuminations replacement

Personally, I would like to see the replacement to Illuminations be an Illuminations II. Keep the original score, but make the whole park light up. Use Drones if they can. Better Lasers, etc.
Illuminations Reflections of Earth is like Illuminations II or III at this point isn't it?

Its not ending anytime soon. A replacement is still 1-2 years away.

Really?!?! I had assumed something was already in the works. What a relief, because we are doing the Dark Side Challenge and my wife has a bunch on Run Disney meetups scheduled for us (she's really messing with introvert needs) we won't have time for any fireworks shows. I was afraid we were blowing our last chance at Illuminations.

Personally, I would like to see the replacement to Illuminations be an Illuminations II. Keep the original score, but make the whole park light up. Use Drones if they can. Better Lasers, etc.

I was wondering if the drones were going to be included in the new show. I think they proved their worth on their Disney Springs introduction. Plus being able to fly over the lake in Epcot gives Disney the safety they need. Also it's a new innovation so it lends to theme of discovery they are leaning towards in Epcot. And if the new show is 1-2 years away there is plenty of time to advance the innovation. rteetz, what are the chances of drones being added?

Fireworks, propane fire cannons, coordinated illuminated drones, and lasers mounted to sharks....Glorious!!!

Really?!?! I had assumed something was already in the works. What a relief, because we are doing the Dark Side Challenge and my wife has a bunch on Run Disney meetups scheduled for us (she's really messing with introvert needs) we won't have time for any fireworks shows. I was afraid we were blowing our last chance at Illuminations.
It is in the works but won't debut until 2019-2020.

March 17th we did an Illuminations fireworks cruse. Our boat captain was pretty sure illuminations would be changed in the very near future.
Granted during the cruise I knew more about some of the construction than he did thanks to the Dis Site :) so all should be taken with a grain of salt. a slice of lime and a shot..

:) so all should be taken with a grain of salt. a slice of lime and a shot..

If only I were at the ditch I might take you upon that! pirate:

Wife dauhgter and grandtinker leave in the morning for girls trip. Almost made me think about surgery to become a woman there for a minute. :smokin: My wife has gone to Disney 23 times and this will be her first without Tigger's Ally. Grandtinker is taking her second (just turned 2) and it too will be the first without me.

If only I were at the ditch I might take you upon that! pirate:

Wife dauhgter and grandtinker leave in the morning for girls trip. Almost made me think about surgery to become a woman there for a minute. :smokin: My wife has gone to Disney 23 times and this will be her first without Tigger's Ally. Grandtinker is taking her second (just turned 2) and it too will be the first without me.
Well you could just “happen” to show up at Disney and pretend you aren’t related. :rolleyes1That way everyone wins

I was watching a live stream today on Facebook by Streaming the Magic and the girl doing the video said Illuminations will be replaced in 2019 and the new show will incorporate drones and a lot of IP including Frozen, Coco, and Guardians. I don't know where she got her info though.

I'm incredibly sad about this. I know things have to change sometime, but this is probably my favorite show ever. I'm really glad that I get to see it at least a few more times before it's gone though! I might get some extra days on our tickets just to go to Epcot a few more times during our July trip! We have a few extra days free!

It would be such a shame to take something highly creative with a storyline and imbedded symbolism, and replace it with an IP showcase.

Hope they put their best work forward.

I agree. I am okay with putting some IP in Epcot but I don't want the nighttime show to be another HEA. I loved the symbolism and togetherness in Illuminations. It was a great theme for a show centered around the World Showcase. I'm hoping that will be the dominant tone of the show.

It would be such a shame to take something highly creative with a storyline and imbedded symbolism, and replace it with an IP showcase.

Hope they put their best work forward.

The fact that they didn't turn the AK nighttime show into an IP showcase makes me think it's unlikely they will do that at Epcot. I think they have a good balance of 3 shows with IP and 2 without and I think they get that. Although Frozen Norway and the upcoming Ratatouille ride may be precidents in the other direction.

The fact that they didn't turn the AK nighttime show into an IP showcase makes me think it's unlikely they will do that at Epcot. I think they have a good balance of 3 shows with IP and 2 without and I think they get that. Although Frozen Norway and the upcoming Ratatouille ride may be precidents in the other direction.
I’m curious to see what happens to future world and ultimately the direction of the park. I’m honestly all for a total change in theme to that area (there’s not a ton that’s futuristic about it anyways). Something like “discoceryland” would basically work to encompass what’s there already and still stay close to the original Epcot message

March 17th we did an Illuminations fireworks cruse. Our boat captain was pretty sure illuminations would be changed in the very near future.
Granted during the cruise I knew more about some of the construction than he did thanks to the Dis Site :) so all should be taken with a grain of salt. a slice of lime and a shot..

Must have used to drive a bus.

Looking forward to a new show for Epcot. Haven't seen Illuminations in several trips as it's definitely gotten stale for me.

Love, love the HEA in MK. Thought I would miss Wishes, but this is 'much' better!

Well. we decided to do Illuminations instead of HEA for several reasons this July. In part due to the crowds and being with small children. We wanted to end the trip with one nighttime show, and staying at the Dolphin it's the most convenient (the children wouldn't get much out of the one at HS, though Fantasmic was a consideration - but maybe too long for them to sit through)

Anyway - it will be our last time seeing this apparently. Not saying I'd miss it (depending on what replaces it). But I've got some good memories of it.

I love Illuminations, but it is getting long in the tooth. I will miss it, especially the music. If they could find a way to keep some or all of the soundtrack, that would be the best of both worlds.

One thing that Disney does very well are fireworks shows. I have faith that they will do a great job with whatever show replaces it. There have so many technological advances since it debuted. It’s time for an update, and frankly, the globe has always been a weak spot. It’s small in relation to the size of the lagoon, and it’s difficult to see the images on it if you aren’t in the right spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter