Rum Point or 7 Mile Beach???

antkim

<font color=teal>"Easy to love"<br><font color=dee
OK people...I swear this will be the last thread I start!! LOL

If booking a beach excursion with Disney would you pick Rum Point or 7 mile?? Are food/drinks included? How is the Stingray Excursion at Rum Point?

If 7 mile is the better choice would it be easy to take a cab? If so, is there a location that offers a more "all inclusive" spot where food/drink/snorkel equiptment etc would be included?

Sorry guys...this is my brothers cruise and I am trying to get your input on the best excursion etc. I know all about them but have never experienced them on my own so your opinions really count!!

He leaves on Sat. and is just now starting to think about his GC excursions:scared1: Good thing is they are all still wide open (well a few are booked)

THANKS!!!

we did Rum Point in January. I would do it again in a heartbeat! THe beach itself is beautiful! They have a cute little bar/resturant and you get a coupon for a free meal. The food was good. The swimming with the sting rays was a lot of fun. You take a buss to a ferry, the ferry to rum point, then those that are doing the sting ray get on a smaller boat and go out and do that and the other group goes directly to the beach. It is great to do if not everyone wants to swim with the rays because they can wait for you on the beach (this is 2 groups in 1. you have the rum point group and the rum point/sting ray group)

we did Rum Point in January. I would do it again in a heartbeat! THe beach itself is beautiful! They have a cute little bar/resturant and you get a coupon for a free meal. The food was good. The swimming with the sting rays was a lot of fun. You take a buss to a ferry, the ferry to rum point, then those that are doing the sting ray get on a smaller boat and go out and do that and the other group goes directly to the beach. It is great to do if not everyone wants to swim with the rays because they can wait for you on the beach (this is 2 groups in 1. you have the rum point group and the rum point/sting ray group)

Did you do this excursion through Disney? How much beach time did you have? Thanks!!

We did do it through Disney. I believe the total trip was about 5 hours with about 45-50 minutes of travel time and another 1/2 hour with the rays. It tells you on the disney site the total time. I felt we could have used a little more beach time. but if you are not doing the rays and just the beach it would be great!

We've done this tour on a previous cruise with a private tour company and it was one of the best excursions I've ever done. Rum Point is LOVELY and a great place to spend a day, but it is a lot further than 7 Mile Beach.

Rum Point is nicer. It's a bit further than 7 Mile Beach, but absolutely worth it.

Yes, if you like it to be a bit peaceful then Rum Point is a great spot. Like the previous poster said, their are some great prive excursions from like 50-60 bucks that will take you to Stingray city, A great barrier reef for snorkeling, and to Rum Point for some beach time and lunch. We did ours through Nativeway.

We've done this tour on a previous cruise with a private tour company and it was one of the best excursions I've ever done. Rum Point is LOVELY and a great place to spend a day, but it is a lot further than 7 Mile Beach.

do you remember who you went through? We are booked with Nativeways.

Hello!

Just wanted to see if anyone knows if you need water shoes to walk into the water at Rum Point of is it softer or crushed coral???

Thanks!

We went to Rum Point after the stingrays.

Yes, I would bring water shoes, there were some broken shells. Ouch!

But.... the area is really cute, I agree... but... the beach front is small. The view is awesome, but close quarters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts