RS Transports

FiFi Rose

<font color=red>The last time we didn't even get s
Just thought I'd fill you in on our experience:scared:

RS transports didn't turn up to meet us at the airport:scared1: We were left standing at the terminal once the rest of our flight left. I tried phoning their line but couldn't get through. About 15 mins later I noticed a man with an RS Transports board and a different name on it. I eventually asked him if he knew where our car was. He phoned his boss who said he had muddled up the booking/names.

The car did not have the car seat I had requested for my DD 4 years old. We were rather nervous during the journey as it had not started out well. An electrical storm hit just as we were leaving CDG with thunder and lightening.

The driver did not seem sure where he was going. He missed the turn off for Marne le Vallee. As we were going up the road we noticed a combine harvester, about 10 mins later we drove past the same combine harvester on the other side of the road. By this time my OH was convinced we had been kidnapped and were being taken off into the French countryside:eek:

I was never so glad for a journey to end.

Understandably I was a bit reserved about the journey back to CDG. I got the concierge to phone the company and check the reservation and remind them about the car seat. The turned up exactly on time:scared:

what a start to your holiday! :sad1: We used RS transports twice and both times we had minor problems including no car seat for DD (3) and our driver taking extra passengers in our private shuttle (though we got 50 euros back from owners when we complained). Then last time we got the VEA and the less said about that the better.. still have nightmares :scared: This time we're trying out ezyshuttle so hopefully everything will go alright. i'm beginning to think that there's no way to get to DLRP from CDG without any hitches along the way lol ... obviously it hasn't put me off going back :rolleyes1

We had no problems with RS Transports on the outward journey - they were there waiting for us and a very pleasant chap sorted us out into 2 vans and off we went.
We hadn't booked a return so when we arrived at Cheyenne we asked about a return trip and they said they would pick us up. However, when they arrived to take us to the airport they only had one 8 seater van - the other one would be 20 mins later, which would leave us very little time to check in - in the end we asked the driver if we could all get in the one van, and thats what we did. There were 10 of us in an 8 seater, a bit of a squash but we're all good friends so it wasn't too much of a problem, and we got to the airport on time!
I suppose that leaves me with mixed feelings about the service - would I book them again - probably would!

I have been let down by 3 different taxi companies on 3 different occasions, so I think they're probably all the same:confused3

We have used RS twice now and have had no problems with them at all, have always been there when we arrived and got us back to the airport in plenty of time on the return.

steve

Oooh, I'm in 2 minds now!!!

I booked RS Transports for our trip last year and had no problems at all with them except that they forgot the child seat on the way out, but they got one to us within 10 mins so it wasn't really a problem.

I was wondering whether to use them this time round as the time between my flight landing and the VEA coach leaving the airport is a full hour. Have priced it up and to use RS for the trip to DLP is approx £45 with the VEA being £40. However, on the RS website, if you book and pay by credit card before 31 Aug you will get 5% off. This brings the cost of a return transfer with them to £82 (VEA is £81). Not sure what to do now!!!

I'm just a bit unsure that if you book by credit card will you get good service because they have your money and you're no going to go anywhere else and pay out again.

Does anyone have any experiences of paying in advance on credit card??

Sorry you had a bad experience with RS transports.
I had nothing but praise for them in March, bearing in mind our flight was delayed and then cancelled completely until the following day, they were superb and on 2 occasions during the waiting time, they telephoned me to find out what the state of play was.
I wouldn't hesitate to book them again, but after a very bad experience with VEA I'd be most reluctant to take the coach.

I'm just a bit unsure that if you book by credit card will you get good service because they have your money and you're no going to go anywhere else and pay out again.

We used RS in June. We paid by credit card when we booked. I printed off the confirmation, which stated that we had paid, and had no problems.

They were waiting for us at the time they said they'd be there, and on the way back, they were at the hotel at the correct time aswell.

They didn't have the right amount of car seats we'd asked for, but other than that, they were great. But every experience is different . We would definately use them again.:) Could never use the VEA again:eek:

We used RS in June. We paid by credit card when we booked. I printed off the confirmation, which stated that we had paid, and had no problems.

They were waiting for us at the time they said they'd be there, and on the way back, they were at the hotel at the correct time aswell.

They didn't have the right amount of car seats we'd asked for, but other than that, they were great. But every experience is different . We would definately use them again.:) Could never use the VEA again:eek:

Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better.:flower3:

A few people have mentioned about never using the VEA again - would you mind telling me what problems you've had with them? Thanks.

This time we are using RS transports rather than VEA.

While I don't think its a VEA problem, both times previously we seem to have landed at a bad time in the morning, in that the queues were very large. We don't have as long a stay this time so are trying to get there as quickly as we can Our son loved the shuttle, though . Especially on the way watching the dvd of the park :)

While waiting for the coach at the airport, I was convinced my daughter (who was 7 at the time), was going to end up infront of a vehicle on the road, as the pushing and shoving in the "Queue" was horrendous. People were joining from both ends of the queue and when the bus finally turned up, everyone just rushed forward. People were putting their luggage in the store area under the coach and pushing their way onto the coach. At this point, I told my daughter that we would stand right back and just wait for the next one (we had been about 10th in the original queue)

Even when the next one came, people tried to push past us, but I (And the English family behind me) wouldn't let this happen and we eventually got on.

If that wasn't bad enough, on the return journey, a coach didn't turn up :eek: We could have gotten a 7 o'clock-ish coach to get us to CDG on time, but we thought we'd get the 6 o'clock one just in case. What a great decision that was for us. Sometimes the coaches are full from the previous hotel, so if this happens, they will either bypass the remaining hotels, or still go through the driveway, but don't stop!!

So, we vowed we wouldn't go through any of this again, and we haven't:)

But, this was just our experience, and sure that others have had no probs.

Wow Mummybear, that sounds awful. This is what I'm worried about - the pushing and not queuing properly (like the English do - lol!!:rotfl:) and worrying about whether we're all going to get on ok.

We are going at the end of September and landing at lunchtime so I'm not really anticipating too large a crowd, but with the special offers this year you never know! To be honest there isn't that much of a difference in price between the VEA and RS Transports, so I'll probably go for the shared transfer.

Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better.:flower3:

A few people have mentioned about never using the VEA again - would you mind telling me what problems you've had with them? Thanks.

We decided to try out the VEA for our trip to DLRP in Dec 08. There were 4 adults and 2 children (DD4 and DS 5 mths). We flew in to terminal 1 at CDG and got the shuttle bus to 2F were we joined the queue for the VEA. We waited for over an hour in the freezing cold before we got on but our spirits were high because we were going to our happy place :goodvibes

We had an absolutely brilliant time.. stayed at sequoia lodge my fav hotel .. then on our last day we collected our bags at 4:45pm and went outside to wait on the VEA back to the airport.

There was already a queue but we knew we had lots of time because our flight wasn't til 8:30pm. Then we waited.. and waited .. and waited.. and more and more ppl walked past us and joined the queue ahead of us.. and we waited ..til finally a bus came at 6:25pm. We'd been standing outside for over an hour and a half. It was dark and it was freezing and the baby was getting restless. Then the bus driver said he only had room for 20. he counted out 20 and we weren't among them. I was devastated. he told us that there would be another bus along in 20mins but we weren't convinced given that only 1 bus had come to our hotel in the last 2 hours.

Then a girl who had been one of the last to arrive went up to the driver and asked if her and her 3 friends could squeeze on as they had a flight to catch and I saw red!! :mad: DS started to cry which then made me cry more out of anger than anything else and i started sobbing to the driver that we were in danger of missing our flight home and that my baby was freezing and hungry etc.. and he eventually let us on the bus instead. When we got on there were lots of other very angry ppl who were running late to get their flights too. We ended up arriving at the airport with 10 mins to spare before check in closed.

To be quite honest it ruined my trip. I wrote a letter of complaint but needless to say i'm still waiting on a reply. Never ever again.

Sorry you asked yet??????? :rotfl:

Oh no, that's absolutely terrible!! Well, it's definately made my mind up - I'll be taking a shared transfer. Anyone got any recommendations?

thats just awful that happened to you. i have never had a problem with them but i would be really mad it that had been me.

as for peoples expeirences of the vea thats exactly why i get a private transfer i just couldnt deal with pushing and shoving and waiting around.

I'm going to be keeping an eye on how the other transfer companies are for other peoples trips before I book anything for October. Although they were great on the way back to CDG I don't know if I could go through the stress of not knowing whether they would turn up again. In October I'm traveling with 2 kids and an OAP which is stressful enough:eek:

We had a couple of bad experiences with VEA. 2 years ago we ended up on a rogue bus:scared1: We only found out when we were on an official VEA on the way back to CDG and they show you a video warning about rogue buses picking up their passengers before the official shuttle arrives at the airport stop.

Basically the bus came along and stopped at the VEA stop. We had never used the VEA before and were none the wiser. There was the usual pushing and shoving and having to load your own suitcases whilst trying not to lose any children or grannies. Then the very rude french driver who spoke no english told/grunted at the people who had prepaid for the shuttle their tickets were not valid and they had to pay him again in cash. There was no air conditioning on the bus it was roasting. The lovely french driver then shouted that the toilet was 'capput' whilst making a slitting throat action with his hands.

We did think at the time how un-disney the whole experience was.

Last year we did get an official VEA but don't think I could cope with the pushing and shoving again so opted for private transfer this trip.

My advice would be if your going to use VEA check out their website first so you know what the coaches should look like:goodvibes

We booked with RS Transports and I paid in advance via credit card, their service was second to none.
We were delayed on our flight out from Manchester by an hour, we found the gate number to meet the driver (directions on the confirmation email) and waited, after 10 minutes they phoned me to say they would be with us within 20 minutes and they were.
They picked us up yesterday exactly on time (6:15pm for a 9:20pm flight out), I would highly recommend them, we have never used them before but after last years fiasco with the VEA we felt it was time for a change.

we used them in june and wouldnt use them again tbh, the main reason been they provided i booster seat for 2 kids aged 3+4 , i dunno what the laws for car seats are in france but here in ireland both my dds werent big enough weight wise to be in a booster seat and the fact they had only 1 and my 4yr old had to be strapped in wasnt good enough. For our return i e-mailed them to remind them about the car seats and they still turned up at our hotel late with only one booster seat. We used isprestige in jan and found them great the only reason we went with rs this time was they did a shared shuttle which was quite abit cheaper. The only good point was there wasnt anyone else on our flight so the we had the shuttle to ourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter