Roy Disney Suite

pepe2123

"It was all started by a mouse"
Hello everyone, i need your advice please. I'm planning a trip with all my family next December and I booked the Roy Disney Suite and 3 more rooms at Cat 4 that are on the same deck (8). I have been reading a lot about noise in that particular deck and i'm nervous because I already paid the deposit for the suite and the deposit is non refundable. Does anyone knows how is exactly the noise in deck 8 specially someone that already stayed at the Roy Disney Suite and also the staterooms adjacent to the suite. The other 3 staterooms I booked are right next to the suite.
Thank you very much and I hope someone could help me with that.

First of all, I'm envious. Secondly, I just stayed down the hall from the Roy, in 8542 and I didn't have any problem with noise whatsover. There was more noise from the screaming baby next door than there was from above. I had heard the same rumors but they weren't born out for me. You will probably get different answers from a number of people though. Personally, I wouldn't sweat it. The fact that you're in the Roy outweighs the sound of a deck chair scraping by every now & then. Have a ball!!!

We've stayed in the Roy, the midship cat 3 8536 twice ( a couple doors down) and will confirm they can be noisy first thing in the morning when they are getting ready on deck 9. You can hear the moving of chairs and what sounds like rolling carts. The rooms also tend to creak a little bit because of all the wood in the rooms. We have also stayed in cat 4 8546 twice and in a cat 2 on the on other side of the ship. Both are on the same deck but there was no noise from above. I think the problem with the Roy and the midship 3's are that they are directly under the Goofy pool where they are setting up.

That being said, as you can see the noise couldn't have been so bad that we wouldn't stay in the rooms again as we rebooked them several times. The overhead deck noise is at around 6:00 - 7:00AM and you may be able to sleep through them. It's really not that bad. The creaking can't be helped and you don't hear it anymore after a couple days (you get use to it) and is only really bad when the seas are rough.

Don't let the trip reports stop you are make you think twice. You will love the Roy suite!

we were just in 8572. ya there was some overhead noise from time to time. It was definitely NOT a deal breaker!!! I didn't expect dead silence. Call me crazy, but it kind of added to the mood- Oooh they are getting ready for breakfast and swimming, let's get up! We did hear it a little at night (9 pm ish) but it wasn't so loud that DH5 couldn't fall asleep. And believe me, if she can fall asleep during this, anyone can. We heard creeking too. I just assumed that was what a boat sounded like. If you haven't stayed on deck 8 before, you are in for a treat. You are just one flight of stairs below everything! I loved this location and would seriously consider it again!
Enjoy! I'm sure you'll be so busy exploring that amazing suite, that you wont even hear the overhead noise.

Thank you all for your help, I know everything it's going to be just fine.

We've stayed right next door in midship Cat 3 (8532).

We were under the ping pong table. You could hear kids running for balls. I joked with DH I'd give him anything if he went up there and snagged the paddles and balls! :lmao: But that was several years ago.

The moving of the chairs didn't bother us. I agree with the above poster - woo hoo - let's get up! Go get those chairs! :banana: Of course, nothing bothered any of my 3 kids~ :lovestruc

Oh, the Roy Suite! How delightful! We loved our midship Cat3 - it didn't matter we got tons of 'ding dong ditches' - I guess the door bell is too tempting for some kids. We had to call security on the kids hanging out in the stairway - guess they were playing some kind of game ("Do you have eye drops? There's something in my eye" (laughter heard from the stairway). Never had a problem after that.

I had posted more on that in some old threads.

Congratulations and have a great cruise! :)

The rocking of the ship was like being in a baby's cradle - rocked to sleep - with ear plugs! :laughing: The best sleep I've ever had is on a cruise ship! :wizard:

My family stayed in the Roy suite on the Magic about two years ago. The one thing I noticed, and this was staying in the second bedroom, is that I could hear noices from the arcade room, which is directly upstairs. It was not that loud, but every so often I would catch a few bars of the music for Donkey Kong.

We've stayed right next door in midship Cat 3 (8532).

We also stayed in 8532 on the Thanksgiving cruise a couple of years ago. The only loud noise we heard was kids running back and forth to the arcade, until it closed around midnight. Other than that, it was fairly quiet, with the usual early morning sounds of the CMs arranging tables and chairs to get ready for the day.

We were invited to a small reception in the Roy suite on the EB Panama Canal cruise in 2005, and I must say that it is a beautiful cabin. The wood is a little darker than what is in the Walt suite, but it looked very elegant.

...multiple times, and what everyone says is pretty accurate. The noise is not a deal breaker, IMHO, and in fact, was beneficial in one case. The night of the fire cruise, I heard the firefighters running from one end of deck 9 to the other. I knew there was trouble as it was 2:00 am. We stepped out on the verandah and saw the smoke pouring off the side. So, we had time to get some clothes on and wake up our boys to do the same before they sent us out on deck in our lovely oranges "necklaces" (aka lifejackets).

So, aside from the early warning system, the most you'll hear at night is kids running and ping pong balls bouncing. And, the 6am wakeup call with scraping chairs. But neither lasts very long and you can doze back off.

Like Sweetspot, we never considered the noise a deal breaker and have stayed in the Walt Suite (we never seem able to get the Roy) several times, including following our adventurous fire cruise.

We were in the Roy suite this past December, and there is a lot of noise from above. It's most noticeable when you're sitting on the couch in the living room, and isn't that bad when you're in the bedrooms since they're more towards the middle and less towards the edge of the ship. The noise you hear is mostly the loud metallic noises from chairs being dragged, or when they push some carts overhead. We were in the room during the Sail Away party, and didn't hear any extra noise from the party that we'd expected to hear. (We didn't use the Murphy bed room, so can't speak to noise at night above that bed). My young kids had no troubles napping or sleeping in the twin bedroom so there couldn't have been much noise in that room.

There is alot of noise in the suite itself from all the wood creaking and rubbing together, especially in the Murphy bed room when the Murphy bed is hidden, but it's not fingers on chalkboard type annoying or anything. We seemed to get used to it after awhile. We had a lot of creaking on our eastern cruise along with a lot of overall movement so it may have been worse than usual given the sailing conditions or the speed at which we were moving.

All that said, it's an incredible room and you'll thoroughly love it!! I would certainly sail in it in a heartbeat!!

I can't speak to any of the other rooms nearby, but our first cruise was also on Deck 8, but in a handicapped Cat 3 (8100) at the back of the ship. That room was much much quieter than the Roy suite was, by virtue of less traffic overhead.

Sounds like you'll have a great group of family on the cruise and will certainly have a magical time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!