Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Hi :wave2: thanks for reading up.

My shuffle race isn't until 4/2!! I'm pretty sure the parades make a race difficult so they move it out. It was rather cold last week though, so I'm fine with it. Next week is my mini-taper for pre-race :)

I'm mostly over the weight comments. I just want the world to know that if for some reason I put on some more lbs. than what I am at now (cause that's very realistic at some point)...I'm still the same person and still value-able, etc. It's a lot of pressure to "keep it off" but really as long as I'm happy and healthy everyone else should mind their own business. Except all of you...because I'm basically like inviting y'all to come participate in all my business :)

That is too funny about the shake ad. Fun fact: no one knows where St. Patrick was actually born. Some think Scotland! So maybe it was some smart@$$ McDonalds employee trolling all of us??

I had a feeling you'd said before that it wasn't around St Patrick's Day!

Exactly... your happiness and health are all that matters, anything else is superficial!

YES! We were told that in school! Also, you probably already know that legend says St Patrick banished the snakes from Ireland but what a lot of people don't know is that there are actually NO SNAKES in Ireland. At least no wild ones. Not even grass snakes! But in reality there never were any and that's because the land between Ireland and the UK/Europe was covered with water a few thousand years before the land between UK and Europe... UK has snakes and we don't! Which suits me perfect... I HATE SNAKES!

PS This is what we have this year. I've somehow not gotten a single item from this picture. Which makes me both proud and also very sad.
mcdonalds-chocolate-shamrock-shake-menu-2017.jpg

I hope the shamrock hot chocolate has alcohol in it... otherwise that's a real shame.. do Mc Donalds even do alcohol? I know Burger King do at some locations. A Baileys Hot Chocolate is SOOOOO GOOD!

"BOOM FIST PUMP" :)
:thumbsup2

Hahahahaha BOOM FIRST PUMP!! This gave me the giggles!

I hope the shamrock hot chocolate has alcohol in it... otherwise that's a real shame.. do Mc Donalds even do alcohol? I know Burger King do at some locations. A Baileys Hot Chocolate is SOOOOO GOOD!
!

Sadly no adult beverages at McD's here but that's a brilliant idea for a DIY version at home.

And snakes are the worst! Let's just agree to keep small lizards and get rid of snakes and their no-leg slithering about. (shudder)

So in the keeping with being transparent...I totally didn't go on my run last night.
alice-face-palm-featured.jpg

It was past 9pm by the time kiddo went to sleep and my hubby said "you going running" and I flopped down on the bed and incoherently mumbled something and that was it. I tapped out. Logged off. Disengaged.
Feeling a bit guilty this morning but also not like killing myself over it. I had a good streak going and so that's annoying me that I just didn't even try.
But this week has been emotionally challenging for me and my family for personal reasons and running usually helps but I think I just was at my limit of mental energy.
get-back-up-lyric.jpg

(how'd that non-disney image get onto this board?)
So yeah, no need feeling sorry for myself and no need asking everyone to make me feel better about it (because I totally should have gone!) I shouldn't have skipped and I did. Nothing I can do but get back out there and try again.

And if all else fails I gotta get me some of these birds next time I hop into bed on run night.
200_s.gif

Snakes? This was in my driveway several months ago. :eek:

IMG_3312_zpsz7ygplsa.jpg

He was probably 5-6 feet long. Thankfully he lounged in the sun for a little while and then slithered off somewhere. But, he's a black snake and doing us more good than harm, so I'm just gonna pretend like I don't know he's probably out in my yard somewhere at any given moment.

HOLY MOTHER OF @#&%@^#% GAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

If that thing showed up within a 10 mile radius of my house I would move.
In fact, I think just the fact that it was at your house is too close for comfort. I'm moving to Ireland!

I'm getting a tiny bit better about not totally freaking out about snakes but my one really big fear...

Whales.

shudder...

I really really really don't like whales.

So I started this morning going to comment on your original post and say we all miss a run occasionally...
But then... BAM! Snake picture. Not cool @ZellyB !
But then... Whales? Not a fear you hear everyday...

So I started this morning going to comment on your original post and say we all miss a run occasionally...
But then... BAM! Snake picture. Not cool @ZellyB !
But then... Whales? Not a fear you hear everyday...

I figure the snake picture is my punishment for being a lazy-butt last night.
Let's all post a whole lot to get to the next page so Mr. slither disappears!!!!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/samimain/s...-creatures-e?utm_term=.ffjlNxg4Ro#.dtJrwz6MKJ

And yes, whales! I think it's just them being so big and me being so small and the thought of being right up next to one. Videos of people kayaking and there's a whale right below them make me want to pee my pants.
And don't get me started on being in museums with large whale replicas...I literally hug the wall with my eyes half shut trying to get out of the room. It's semi-embarrassing. I mean...the whale is clearly fake and my heart is pounding.
I once had to have my husband play a level of Super Mario 64 that had him swimming under water near a submarine because it was too "whale-like" for me.....ON A VIDEO GAME!

I've said too much.

Sorry. :oops:

Although I have another awesome snake picture of one in WWoS that we saw while running the WDW marathon. I could share that one too. :D

Although I have another awesome snake picture of one in WWoS that we saw while running the WDW marathon. I could share that one too. :D

Oh god, is that the one you saw on the fence? I remember someone posting about one on a fence. Please for the love of all the is holy...don't post that!!!!

Last edited:
I figure the snake picture is my punishment for being a lazy-butt last night.
Let's all post a whole lot to get to the next page so Mr. slither disappears!!!!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/samimain/s...-creatures-e?utm_term=.ffjlNxg4Ro#.dtJrwz6MKJ

And yes, whales! I think it's just them being so big and me being so small and the thought of being right up next to one. Videos of people kayaking and there's a whale right below them make me want to pee my pants.
And don't get me started on being in museums with large whale replicas...I literally hug the wall with my eyes half shut trying to get out of the room. It's semi-embarrassing. I mean...the whale is clearly fake and my heart is pounding.
I once had to have my husband play a level of Super Mario 64 that had him swimming under water near a submarine because it was too "whale-like" for me.....ON A VIDEO GAME!

I've said too much.

Ha! What if there are SPACE WHALES?!

OK, so I hate snakes.... But I am oddly curious...

Snakes? This was in my driveway several months ago. :eek:

IMG_3312_zpsz7ygplsa.jpg

He was probably 5-6 feet long. Thankfully he lounged in the sun for a little while and then slithered off somewhere. But, he's a black snake and doing us more good than harm, so I'm just gonna pretend like I don't know he's probably out in my yard somewhere at any given moment.

I would DIE.... :scared1:

0mkdz.gif

So in the keeping with being transparent...I totally didn't go on my run last night.
alice-face-palm-featured.jpg

It was past 9pm by the time kiddo went to sleep and my hubby said "you going running" and I flopped down on the bed and incoherently mumbled something and that was it. I tapped out. Logged off. Disengaged.
Feeling a bit guilty this morning but also not like killing myself over it. I had a good streak going and so that's annoying me that I just didn't even try.
But this week has been emotionally challenging for me and my family for personal reasons and running usually helps but I think I just was at my limit of mental energy.
get-back-up-lyric.jpg

(how'd that non-disney image get onto this board?)
So yeah, no need feeling sorry for myself and no need asking everyone to make me feel better about it (because I totally should have gone!) I shouldn't have skipped and I did. Nothing I can do but get back out there and try again.

And if all else fails I gotta get me some of these birds next time I hop into bed on run night.
200_s.gif

It happens... what's important is how you deal with it. Sometimes you just need to have an off day and then you come back more determined.

That's the one.

IMG_1178_zpsf52ea648.jpg

OK. I'll stop now. ;)

Thanks! That is crazy! I would have either run a PR trying to get away from it or had a DNF after dying.

I'm sitting next to a snake right now. DS10 has an Arizona mtn kingsnake. It's hilarious because most people think he is venomous because he looks like a coral snake. As long as it stays in the cage I'm good but don't worry I won't post a pic.

@ZellyB that picture is awesome!

***Shakin' in my boots*** You're a brave/awesome mom. Never would I ever...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter