Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

My O'hana is at 5:05pm! Maybe we will end up seeing each other there! I should start trying to add up how many dis-boarders I've now officially met out in the wild :)

Oh yah!! Hopefully we'll get to meet you there! I'm sure we'll catch each other at some point over the weekend anyway... Have you been to Ohana before??

Hope you're recovering well :-)

Oh yah!! Hopefully we'll get to meet you there! I'm sure we'll catch each other at some point over the weekend anyway... Have you been to Ohana before??

Hope you're recovering well :-)

Never been to ohana for dinner. Back in like 2004?? I went for breakfast. But I've seen so many reviews.

I'm weirdly off schedule (jet lag + tired + not running) but I'll get back to normal. I'm not in a body case so that's a win!!!

Never been to ohana for dinner. Back in like 2004?? I went for breakfast. But I've seen so many reviews.

I'm weirdly off schedule (jet lag + tired + not running) but I'll get back to normal. I'm not in a body case so that's a win!!!

I did breakfast first as well a few years back and then went for Dinner which in my opinion is SO much better than breakfast!
giphy.gif

It can be hard to fit everything in though!

Oh I bet! I'm always like that when I travel to Orlando!

I started a Disneyland Trip Report today!
https://www.disboards.com/threads/1...ink-race-and-mothers-day-trip-report.3605306/

I'm a bit new to writing a report outside of this journal so hopefully it lives up to the TR "greats" a tiny bit. Can anyone give me a brief tutorial on how to link portions of my TR to my table of contents?

I have a lot to add tonight and hope to get a big chunk of my report out there to the world this evening...so stay tuned!

PS....I haven't run at all since my half and it is kinda half-nice to take a break and half-weird to take a break. I've heard that taking the amount of days off as miles ran is a good idea after a big A race or a big new distance. So I was thinking that rounds to about two weeks. It works out since hubby is in the thick of triathlon peak time right now before his early June race. But I may have to find my way out for a nice long walk this weekend just to get me not feeling stir crazy.

Stay tuned for more trip report updates...questions/thoughts about what's next for me this year...and bragging about my budding soccer star (SHE SCORED THREE GOALS in a 5-2 route while I was gone!)

If you click on the post number in the bottom right corner, that gives you a link to the post - that's what I use for table of contents. :)

Enjoy your break and gooooo roxykiddo and roxyhusband!!

If you click on the post number in the bottom right corner, that gives you a link to the post - that's what I use for table of contents. :)

Enjoy your break and gooooo roxykiddo and roxyhusband!!

Ok so followup question. Once I click on the little number and get the link...how do I make it so that I'm typing normal text that has the link in it. I've been clicking around trying things but have been unsuccessful. Doh!

The paperclip/chain links (highlighted below) button brings out a little pop up where you insert that link. Highlight the words you want to link, then click the chain and a popup will show up. The button to the right of it with the little x is to unlink.

upload_2017-5-18_14-25-17.png

https://www.disboards.com/threads/1...ink-race-and-mothers-day-trip-report.3605306/

I'm a bit new to writing a report outside of this journal so hopefully it lives up to the TR "greats" a tiny bit. Can anyone give me a brief tutorial on how to link portions of my TR to my table of contents?

I have a lot to add tonight and hope to get a big chunk of my report out there to the world this evening...so stay tuned!

PS....I haven't run at all since my half and it is kinda half-nice to take a break and half-weird to take a break. I've heard that taking the amount of days off as miles ran is a good idea after a big A race or a big new distance. So I was thinking that rounds to about two weeks. It works out since hubby is in the thick of triathlon peak time right now before his early June race. But I may have to find my way out for a nice long walk this weekend just to get me not feeling stir crazy.

Stay tuned for more trip report updates...questions/thoughts about what's next for me this year...and bragging about my budding soccer star (SHE SCORED THREE GOALS in a 5-2 route while I was gone!)

Yay trip report!!!

I also haven't run since the half. We were initially planning to run this morning, but we both wanted sleep more. :D We'll be back running with our Galloway group on Saturday and that feels like soon enough to me.

Go roxykiddo - soccer star!!!

Yay! I love trip reports!! I think taking a break from running for a few days will do your body and mind good :) Can't wait to hear what's next!

(And Go RoxyKiddo! GOALLLLLLL(s)!)

YAH!!! Trip Report!!!
ReLEl.gif

So I'm trying to get through my trip report so I can get to my race recap part of it before I forget everything.

But a lil roxymama update: I haven't run this week. Feels weird to go to bed early on run nights, yet also quite nice. Watching British baking championships for the first time and obsessed. I started on season 4.

I'm at the park with kiddo and decided to walk the running loop with her to see how far it is. It's .56 miles per loop and about 2 miles (maybe less) from home. So another option!

Thinking thoughts about running for funsies this week.

Hubby swam a billion miles this morning then ran s brick after. He bikes later today. Tri crunch time!!!

IMG_0008.JPG
Never taking this off!

Weekly Update: I'm Still Here...But Now What?

So I've been knee-deep in Trip Report writing all week and it's taking so much longer than I expected. But I feel like I'm neglecting my little journal here...so I'M BACK!
So how is my running going since I completed my first half marathon...ummmmm.....
giphy.gif

Wait, I'm supposed to run again after completing a half marathon?
giphy.gif

Ok, I'm just kidding. Yeah, so I've ran 0 times since my big weekend. I kind of expected not to run the first week after to give my poor legs a breather and honestly to give myself a much needed vacation from staying up late at night at the gym, etc. I wonder if the gym people miss me?
200.webp

And then we got bad weather and then hubby was in full-time superhero training mode for his big three triathlons coming up. And I didn't run.
But...I'm kinda itching to get back out there again. Like I feel like my legs are rested and are like "why are we not moving"
To be honest...I'm just as tired in the morning waking up from staying up too late on my phone or watching tv, so I might as well get the health benefits of working out if I'm gonna be tired anyways!

So where do I go from here....well maybe I should pull up my 2017 goals to see where I'm at.

2017 goals.
1) Finish Tinkerbell half marathon
giphy.gif

2) PR in 8k
giphy.gif

3) Finish a 10k in sub 60 minutes
giphy.gif

4) PR in a fall half marathon
giphy.gif

5) drink more water
giphy.gif

6) take swim lessons
giphy.gif

Ok so the 10k thing is the big thing and that race is 10/15 with my liscensed and official pacer @DopeyBadger so I'm sure he's going to have a mission and plan. I'm more into gunning for success there than the Fall half marathon thing. There is one 9/24 in Chicago that my husband already signed up for and so that kind of puts it right in the path of "getting faster at the 10k" training. So tbh it's on the table but not mandatory for my 2017 happiness. So TBD on that one.
The drinking more water goal is already in effect and always a forever work in progress. I'll tell you I've gone on a bit of a coffee over water bender at work these last few days since I know I don't have to run later and that's not a good habit to get into.
And then there's the swimming! Ugh...I will do it...just waiting for summer weather and my local pools to open.

So now thinking short term.
I've got a 5k 7/15 and 10k 7/16 and I'm literally going to figure out my strategy for that race based solely on the weather and how I'm feeling about them those days. I'm just bling hoarding and I like the lakefront path and so I'm gonna run on it :)
And then I have zero things on the schedule between now and then.

So now what? I want to run between now and then obviously. I'd like to keep up the 3 times a week and 4 when the weekend weather is nice enough to run both Sat & Sun. How many miles a week is good to just maintain a level of fitness? How long should my long runs be? Should I just wing it for a few weeks and report here on how I'm doing? Have fun doing whatever I feel like?
giphy.gif

But I honestly don't do too well when people don't tell me what to do. So feel free to
giphy.gif

I guess I'll start this weekend with a jaunt around the neighborhood and take it from there???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter