Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Sounds like a great training plan for the week. I love the idea of setting up your long runs to mentally mimic what you will be doing during the Disney run. I may need to try that myself for some of those long miles coming for Dopey.

And, while I do not watch The Bachelor, I'm sure that you must be right and that Taylor gotta go!

Sounds like a great training plan for the week. I love the idea of setting up your long runs to mentally mimic what you will be doing during the Disney run. I may need to try that myself for some of those long miles coming for Dopey.

And, while I do not watch The Bachelor, I'm sure that you must be right and that Taylor gotta go!

Yeah maybe I'll even mentally prepare for where the water stops are, etc. I have a little handheld water bottle thing coming my way and a new armband phone holder (thanks amazon prime) so I'm already in nesting mode...for my long runs. Is that a thing? I guess I'm making it a thing.

Gifts for you!

(her voice is a little precious...Snow White-like but she shows the course pretty well)

(Though this guy seems to film himself more than the course)

So glad I remembered my headphones today for work...because now I can watch these at lunchtime. Huzzah! There's nothing I like more than going down the youtube rabbit hole!

So glad I remembered my headphones today for work...because now I can watch these at lunchtime. Huzzah! There's nothing I like more than going down the youtube rabbit hole!
I'm watching the first one now...the commentary is silly at times but it does give you a good idea of what the race is like, I think.

There's this guy that made AMAZING on-course videos for the marathon weekend races...OMG. I was obsessed with those for a few weeks before Dopey in 2015. :lovestruc

I highly recommend this one. It's the marathon course via a wheelchair division racer. It's cool to see everything from that perspective and the course is so clear. However I will say that the first time I watched it I got a bit hypnotized.

I've yet to really watch a Tink one, so I'm super excited! (I have watched a DL half one but I know that course is way different)

Wait, I did watch one once from Tink with a girl dressed as a bee. I remember thinking that was a good costume idea but I'd want to rip out the antenna by mile 1. Haha!

I watched the first video and literally slowed it down and took notes at each mile marker...which I'll list here and they may be pretty comical since I am so unfamiliar with the area. But it'll be good for my mental visualization.
I tried watching the guys video but it made me a little motion sick watching his face instead of what was in front of him. So he got deleted at around mile 2.

Ok so judge away on the locales (did I do good or is this all messed up?)
Mile 1 marker: Harbor Blvd...you can kind of see Matterhorn over the fence/wall
Mile 2 marker: In DL by the actual Matterhorn
Mile 3 marker: Downtown Disney heading toward the Grand California hotel
Mile 4 marker: somewhere in DCA after carsland...like their main street-ish area???
Mile 5 maker: backstage outside DCA
Mile 6 marker: backstage road outside DL or just north of it
Mile 7 marker: a big intersection and there is WATER and dance teams
Mile 8 marker: red hat ladies!
Mile 9 marker: looks like Harbor again by houses (I spied a Starbucks too)
Mile 10 marker: no idea, but marching bands are there
Mile 11 marker: no idea, but you can see TOT off in the distance
Mile 12 marker: backstage and this time right by TOT
Mile 13 marker: somewhere by Downtown Disney heading into the big parking area
Finish Line!

Ok, so I at least have some mental notes. Who knows if the course will be identical but at least now on my LOOOOONG Runs, I can kind of mark off in my head to make it all less scary (and hopefully not more scary.)
The 10k course looked cool (yes I watched a video) but at least I'll get to do very similar stuff in the front half of my race.

Other thoughts while watching.
1) I still don't like the teeny tiny wings...or the tall pokey ones the lady in the video was wearing....but there were some medium sized ones that I really did like. So I may be back on the wing bandwagon. Though now I know that size matters. :)
2) I'm not going to do this, but wouldn't a red hat lady be the coolest running costume. I bet they'd all cheer extra for you!
3) I finally understand what people are talking about when they say that "pace guys on bikes tell you how you are doing." I could hear in the video the bike guy on a corner said "You are all 13:12 ahead of the pace" and then he said "you are all 13:10 ahead of pace" so he was repeating how far ahead of the balloon ladies everyone was, right? Well, now at least I understand that part a little better.
4) I wish I had bought those green Tink shoes last year. Cute!

And those are my post-lunch you-tube watching thoughts.

Last edited:
I guess one big caveat with those videos is that there's a good chance the course won't be quite the same with the construction that is going on. Yes I guess about the guy's video - what I appreciated about that one was that he better showed the character stops. All fairies.

2) red hat lady would be an AWESOME costume
3) yes, they were saying how far ahead people were of the sweepers

I forgot how narrow the paths are in Disneyland Park. You can hear her commenting on it getting crowded at one point.

I guess one big caveat with those videos is that there's a good chance the course won't be quite the same with the construction that is going on. Yes I guess about the guy's video - what I appreciated about that one was that he better showed the character stops. All fairies.

2) red hat lady would be an AWESOME costume
3) yes, they were saying how far ahead people were of the sweepers

I forgot how narrow the paths are in Disneyland Park. You can hear her commenting on it getting crowded at one point.

Ok, I'm gonna give the guy video another chance tonight then to see the character stops! I think maybe two running videos back to back did me in.
I kind of was digging seeing so many women running though but yeah, there were definitely areas that seemed more wide open than others.
So this weekend since I am running 8 miles, I just mentally have to run to the hat ladies. Ok, I got this...I think.

Ok, I'm gonna give the guy video another chance tonight then to see the character stops! I think maybe two running videos back to back did me in.
I kind of was digging seeing so many women running though but yeah, there were definitely areas that seemed more wide open than others.
So this weekend since I am running 8 miles, I just mentally have to run to the hat ladies. Ok, I got this...I think.
Um, OF COURSE you do!

In the video I just saw the fairies from the Tink movies, and then Peter Pan and Wendy were at the finish (not in a spot where you could meet them, they were sort of elevated on a stage off to the side).

Um, OF COURSE you do!

In the video I just saw the fairies from the Tink movies, and then Peter Pan and Wendy were at the finish (not in a spot where you could meet them, they were sort of elevated on a stage off to the side).

I don't mind elevated fairies as I am a little bit tall and then maybe they'll be the same height as me or maybe will make me look shorter, haha
I better start studying what these fairies names are. I only know there is a sassy one who is fast (I guess she can be my favorite) and southern flowery one and Tink. I kind of space out when my kiddo is watching them.

I don't mind elevated fairies as I am a little bit tall and then maybe they'll be the same height as me or maybe will make me look shorter, haha
I better start studying what these fairies names are. I only know there is a sassy one who is fast (I guess she can be my favorite) and southern flowery one and Tink. I kind of space out when my kiddo is watching them.
Yeah, I know one of them is called Fawn because I stopped for a picture with her at last year's 10K. And there's someone called Silvermist and...Vida or something. And Tink obviously. I should probably do some research...

So should I bring flash-cards to the meetup that Saturday? That would prove to everyone how cool I am :)

STUDY GUIDE!

This is Tinkerbell...spoiler alert...she's a Tinker Fairy. Please note that I'm glad I was not named SalesRepBell.
It says she is fashionable, but I'm wondering if lime green already had it's "moment."
open-uri20150608-27674-7zotmy_dee5e073.jpeg

This is Zarina...she is a dust-keeper fairy. My mom would not like her. Oh, wait unless we are talking about pixie dust. She also appears to be cosplaying as Jonny Depp. Her belt would suggest that she is also fashionable.
open-uri20150608-27674-7tp4cs_a54ebde5.jpeg

This is @Ariel484 's best friend Fawn. She is an animal fairy...which I think means she likes animals, not that she is part animal. Her best friend is Thumper. She is only two things, unlike Tink & Zarina which have three personality traits.
open-uri20150608-27674-u5qspl_84a9f446.jpeg

This is Vidia, She is PURPLE! She would look good in the newbalance HM shoes. She is feisty and fast. And she is having none of that bugs nonsense.
open-uri20150608-27674-yuvc3e_b65b92b8.jpeg

This is Periwinkle. Periwinkle is a Frost Fairy. Periwinkle can go to hell. I do not believe in fairies...I am not clapping for you.
open-uri20150608-27674-acrxhu_767a1c5c.jpeg

This is Rosetta. She is stylish, which is different than fashionable. She also helped found a language learning center and for that we are all greatful.
open-uri20150608-27674-1gc08i5_85ec3cf9.jpeg

This is Iridessa. Her bug friend is the cutest. Vidia probably would have none of its nonsense though. I hope I am Bright, Cheerful and Focused at mile 12.
open-uri20150608-27674-3cjbvw_ad609720.jpeg

This is Silvermist. She is the reason why there are so many porta-potties on course.
open-uri20150608-27674-nyf4nr_59459ffb.jpeg

I hope this was helpful.

OMG I'm dying at this post :rotfl2:

What the bleep is the Dust-Keeper Fairy? Is she the janitor? I think she drew the short straw with fairy assignments.

FWIW...I wouldn't quite say that Fawn and I are BFFs, more that I felt like I should get a character picture and she was the last one on the course and had no line and she has red hair like me. Wait maybe we are BFF.

OMG I'm dying at this post :rotfl2:

What the bleep is the Dust-Keeper Fairy? Is she the janitor? I think she drew the short straw with fairy assignments.

FWIW...I wouldn't quite say that Fawn and I are BFFs, more that I felt like I should get a character picture and she was the last one on the course and had no line and she has red hair like me. Wait maybe we are BFF.

I think my house may have an infestation of dust-keeper fairies.

Poor Fawn with no line....maybe her third personality trait should be "lonely"
It sounds like she may need you as a BFF though. That rabbit probably doesn't bring much to the table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter