• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Little Purple Plaid!

I have Big Purple and Little Red out and ready! ::yes::

The big decision though that I have not made is which purse I'll be taking with me for the plane as my personal carry item. I want it to be large enough to house some souvenears and my actual crossbody bag inside it. I have like three in the running so got to decide that tonight. Mo purses, mo problems :)

The big decision though that I have not made is which purse I'll be taking with me for the plane as my personal carry item. I want it to be large enough to house some souvenears and my actual crossbody bag inside it. I have like three in the running so got to decide that tonight. Mo purses, mo problems :)
You just described my life. :faint:

Things that make me go "STOP IT!"
1) Halloween party tickets go live today and I buy them for fear of a sell out on Halloween night.
2) My friend emails me asking for my portion of my friend's bachelorette party that isn't until June so they can do the down payment.
3) I realize I need to buy two wedding shower presents next week as soon as I get back from my trip.

I DON'T WANT TO SPEND MONEY ON ANYTHING BUT TINK STUFF AND CHURROS RIGHT NOW....STOP IT WORLD!!

And thus ends this edition of "First World Problems Theatre"

When it rains, it pours. And you are making it rain!
giphy.gif

I'm so excited for you! It sounds like you're ready to go!

I personally like the pom poms better than the wings but both work. I just think pom poms are more unique at least usually. Maybe not during a Tinkerbell race though? I hope your wings work out well with your test run. They look like a reasonable size.

Sending you pixie dust for good luck!
:tinker::tinker::tinker:

Things that make me go "STOP IT!"
1) Halloween party tickets go live today and I buy them for fear of a sell out on Halloween night.
2) My friend emails me asking for my portion of my friend's bachelorette party that isn't until June so they can do the down payment.
3) I realize I need to buy two wedding shower presents next week as soon as I get back from my trip.

I DON'T WANT TO SPEND MONEY ON ANYTHING BUT TINK STUFF AND CHURROS RIGHT NOW....STOP IT WORLD!!

And thus ends this edition of "First World Problems Theatre"

Adulting sucks. Also, wedding are so expensive. I understand the traditions completely and was so thankful for everything done for me when we got married... But there has to be a better way!

When it rains, it pours. And you are making it rain!
giphy.gif

When you have an angel on your shoulder saying "SAVE THAT MONEY" and then you got Donna Meagle on the other shoulder:

giphy.gif

And yes @run.minnie.miles adulting is not quite as fun as a free-ride being a kid. But I keep having to remind myself that I'd rather plunk down the annoying wedding related swag than not be invited to the fun. I haven't met a shower related dessert plate and open bar I have not enjoyed. Just wish it was like three months from now instead of during my Tink time!

Last edited:
TINKERBELL ULTIMATE PACKING LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, please tell me I am not forgetting something really important. Actually if you see that I am missing something please tell me immediately!

Printouts:

Signed Race Waiver & Chear Squad Waiver for Bean

Confirmation copies for pre-ordered merch (pin, jacket, wristlet)

Flight printouts/boarding pass

Parkhopper ticket printout

Dining reservations printout

Unofficial Guide to Disneyland book

Dopeybadger plan paces & course map

Race Stuff:

Cherry Blossom sweaty band

Hair ties

Pink hair flower

Blue sunglasses

Pink headphones

Pink armband

Three Clif gels

Sandwich baggies

Clif bar for breakfast in room (buy a banana)

Gatorade for room

Garmin watch and charger

Cherry Blossom Tech Tee

Blue long sleeve (just in case)

Green sports bra

Good undies

Nike black shorts

Navy VS short leggings (just in case)

Blue sparkle skirt

Throwaway long sleeve or garbage bag

Good socks

Orange Nikes with poms/wings

Body Glide

Sunscreen

Hat (just in case of rain)

For Room: Bandaids, Tylenol, Aquaphor

My phone

Pack ID, Room key, Cash in armband or shorts pocket during race.

Non-Race Clothes

Wear on Plane:

Black VS leggings

Best Day Ever shirt

Bra/Undies

Peds socks

Sketcher Go Walks

Green Tink Ears (in purse)

Hot chocolate hoodie

Rings, mouse-key necklace

Packed Clothes:

Yellow shorts

Gray print shorts

Gray solid shorts

Black lularoe leggings for Mon flight

Jeans (just in case)

3 short sleeve shirts

Bras/Undies

Ped socks & normal socks

Bathing Suit

Swim shorts

Thin Coverup dress

Flip Flops

Additional sweaty bands

Pajama pants

Pajama top

Toiletries:

Minimal Makeup (chapstick too)

Curling Iron

Blow dryer (if room)

Razor

Shave cream – travel size

Face wash – travel size

Toothbrush

Toothpaste – travel size

Floss

Makeup remover qtip thingies

Deoderant

Moisturizer – travel size

Feminine products – kill me now!

Luggage & stuff:

Purple plaid rolling carryon suitcase

Large Vera Bradley purse

Coach crossbody small bag

Small glasses cinch-thing with glasses wipe

Phone charger/watch charger

List looks good! I'd say if you have room, grab a shopping bag or grocery bag or something for the race to carry all of your post-race crap (snack box, water, powerade, whatever else they give you at the end).
Also ... let me know if you have room for me in your suitcase.

The item that stands out most to me is good undies. This is the most important thing for me when I travel to races.

I assume you don't use KT Tape or any other variation of tape because that's not on the list. Other than that I think you've got it all.

List looks good! I'd say if you have room, grab a shopping bag or grocery bag or something for the race to carry all of your post-race crap (snack box, water, powerade, whatever else they give you at the end).
Also ... let me know if you have room for me in your suitcase.

You wouldn't happen to fit in an overhead bin would you?

That list is a thing of beauty. ::yes::

I need lists...lists are life. Every time I don't have a list I leave my bathing suit at home. Every time.

The item that stands out most to me is good undies. This is the most important thing for me when I travel to races.

I assume you don't use KT Tape or any other variation of tape because that's not on the list. Other than that I think you've got it all.

I can tell you specifically every run where I had on the wrong undies...it really does matter!
No KT tape yet in my running life...I'm lucky that any of my little aches or pains have been mostly short lived. Knock on wood.

I also love a good list! (I also love a daily paper planner... but that's for a different time)

Anyway... Do you need headphones for either the race or plane? Any prescription medicines? I also pack imodium in case I have a weird stomach and need it. (TMI?)

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!

PS Happy Mother's Day early! Sweet roxykiddo is lucky to have such a strong woman as her mama. :)

I also love a good list! (I also love a daily paper planner... but that's for a different time)

Anyway... Do you need headphones for either the race or plane? Any prescription medicines? I also pack imodium in case I have a weird stomach and need it. (TMI?)

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!

PS Happy Mother's Day early! Sweet roxykiddo is lucky to have such a strong woman as her mama. :)

Awwww man, hitting me right in the feels. Thanks for saying that! Roxykiddo has her first soccer practice tonight so I'm excited to see how she does. Got a little confidence going after her strong showing at the piglet race :)

I am packing my earbuds for sure. I probably will not put them in until I'm out of the parks. Listening to music tends to make me too fast out the gate...and I have a game plan now for starting off not too crazy.

Your list is awesome! Making lists in regards to vacation is one of my favorite activities ever. It's even more fun though when the trip is in the same week!! :cutie:

And a coyote sighting on your run?? Eek!! I would've been freaked out! :scared:

Cheering you on in a major way for you to have a fantastic race weekend!! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter