• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

I think your outfit is channeling a bit of Silvermist...

As for ADRs, first visit to the World this year for us. I can't believe to get to eat at places we want I needed to be on the button 6 months out! And at one place it is tecommebded to make your meal selection 30 days out! I'm used to Disneyland where I'm most instances a week or two out gets you anywhere...

Have any of you gone to Whispering Canyon that enjoyed it? I'm guessing it could fit in somewhere since we are staying at the WL, but not sure yet.
My CM friend swears by the brunch there. Looking forward to trying it next time I go down.

I had to vent about something non running for a second. I was on the dining board today for first time in a long time because it's ADR week. And I made the mistake of answering a thread over there and then getting responses that questioned my integrity. Ugh I forgot what other boards can be like. I think I'm gonna bow out of reading these other threads for awhile again.

We are all human, not Disney planning robots otherwise we wouldn't need these boards. Trips don't go as planned and planning is hard...cut me some slack that mde didn't work for me in one scenario (the same scenario of the thread title.) Ok venting over. I'd rather do it here than stoke any flames. I just feel sheety about myself for no good reason right now. Blargh!!!!
You are welcome on Rumors and News and I make sure of that! It sucks that happened but unfortunately its common.

I love your outfit! It reminds me of the Sugar Plum Fairy in Fantasia.

Wow, that picture is beautiful. I'd really be deep-diving into the vault if I go with that which is kind of fun!

I think your outfit is channeling a bit of Silvermist...

As for ADRs, first visit to the World this year for us. I can't believe to get to eat at places we want I needed to be on the button 6 months out! And at one place it is tecommebded to make your meal selection 30 days out! I'm used to Disneyland where I'm most instances a week or two out gets you anywhere...

Ok, we have two votes for the Water Fairy :)
I hear you on how stressful booking 180 days out is. I've been wringing my hands all day trying to finalize my list and I won't even know if any of these will be available at the times I want once my window opens tomorrow. I actually made a very detailed spreadsheet of food costs, pre-choosing what I thought everyone would realistically order to see if the dining plan is a savings. I came to $199 savings if I choose the average price of snacks and only $107 something if we use the snack credits less wisely. I also came at pretty much break even if we didn't order desserts at all the places or force the 5th quick service. Soooo....yeah. Stressful

My CM friend swears by the brunch there. Looking forward to trying it next time I go down.

Good to know!

You are welcome on Rumors and News and I make sure of that! It sucks that happened but unfortunately its common.

I've let it go (especially since someone came in and backed up my same experience on that thread) but I appreciate what you moderators do...I truly do!!! It's funny how I read other threads all the time where people are jumping on each other but I don't react (or overreact) until I'm the one jumped on. I guess that's human nature.

I'm also voting for 6, but my vote isn't final until I see : )

Those sunglasses are amazing. I want them!

I still feel like the sunglasses are above my coolness level but gonna rock them anyways. Although I of course left them at home today so have yet to wear them while driving or running. Gotta rectify that soon.
By the way, they are Warby Parkers and the style is Madison in Crystal Blue. Without prescriptions or insurance they are $95. That all changes based on presc. lenses/insurance for better or worse of course :)

Wow, that picture is beautiful. I'd really be deep-diving into the vault if I go with that which is kind of fun!
Yeah I think you would almost hit the bottom of the vault with that one :D The colors of those scenes are so similar to your outfit that it made me think of her. But I'm partial to her anyways because DH calls me Sugar Plum.

Ok but only if I get to run as you for my half this Sunday

View attachment 235233

PS If it made me run as fast as you I totally would!!​

OK, you'll need a roxymama starter kit.
A ponytail. Probably too hot of clothing for the intended temp of the run. Something in the pink, purple or blue family. Bright orange shoes. Glasses (large black framed ones will do) and a GIANT armband.
Complete with chocolate that you found somewhere at the expo and a cup of coffee.
Make sure to yell at yourself to scare people and listen to Princess music.
Easy!

OK, you'll need a roxymama starter kit.
A ponytail. Probably too hot of clothing for the intended temp of the run. Something in the pink, purple or blue family. Bright orange shoes. Glasses (large black framed ones will do) and a GIANT armband.
Complete with chocolate that you found somewhere at the expo and a cup of coffee.
Make sure to yell at yourself to scare people and listen to Princess music.
Easy!
Ok I'll see what can I do. For research purposes, what exactly do you yell at yourself?

Ok I'll see what can I do. For research purposes, what exactly do you yell at yourself?

Usually "NO" when I do something dumb like start giving up for no reason.
And "HERE WE GO" when I decide it's time to go faster...also "Let's GO!"
And also "DON'T DO IT" when I want to walk up a hill. Which I always want walk up hills.
Also lots of whispered's "ok" and "good" when I'm going past mile markers forgetting that I'm talking out loud.

It's RACE WEEK!
wait...strike that...that doesn't sound right
It's FUN-RUN WEEK!
ok, that's more like it!

So I have a race tomorrow??? What? I mean I'll be wearing a bib and lining up to a start and crossing a finish and getting a medal...but I'm just not convinced it's a race in my brain right now.
So tonight I will run my tempo and CONQUER IT! (that's my phrase for the day) so that I can safely say that everything from here until Tink is Easy Peasy. I feel like if my 10 miler was the peak of the mountain that this tempo is like a small cliff part of the way down that I have to repel over before really finishing my downhill.

And then tomorrow we drive to Cincy and get to go to an Expo (I LOVE RACE EXPOS!) where I hope to grab some more of the clif shots that I want to bring with me to Tink and a fresh new bodyglide (very exciting.) A pig related or beer related sweatyband would be good. Last year I accidentally bought one that said marathon on it and it still bugs me. I still haven't decided any of my race outfits for this week...probably gonna go low-key.
Then dinner with the fam and an 8pm 1 mile race the culminates with a chili dog and a beer (or beers.) So hubby & I will 100% be sticking together and fun-running it. We both easily can run first miles of 5ks at 8:50-9:00 now without much extra push because of adrenaline and all that. We both decided it would be safest on my body before Tink if we didn't push anywhere farther than that on purpose. And he's gunning for a 10k PR the next morning. So at least we are on the same page. The goal is to finish together. I'm sure we will line up far enough back not to get bulldozed by the serious peeps. And then we will watch the Elite group finish just after 8:30pm, so I can cheer loudly for @Wendy98 (and then I can say that I finished before her in a race? no? yeah, no.)

Saturday is my 5k where my goal is to not breath heavy during any part of it :) Collect my medal with minimal sweat and/or fatigue and count it as my training run :) 33:00, 34:00, 35:00...those all sound like lovely times. At least I probably won't be alone as I guess there's lots of challenge runners that weekend (kind of like disney) and many will have ran the 10k right before coming around to run the 5k just after.
I'm liking this No Pressure scenario. Let's see if my morning race tummy is happy about it too.

10 more days until Tink and I spent all morning making ADRs for W&D weekend. I'll report back on that soon after I got stalk the Fantasmic dining package availability a couple thousand more times.

Wine N Dining!
So I made some food reservations after much wringing of hands and sweating of brow (why is this stuff so stressful and why do I also like it so much?)

Not in exact order.
BOG breakfast pre-park opening and a BOG lunch (we will see if I keep the lunch or not)
Halloween and Dine with Minnie dinner (still can't get a Fantasmic package for this)
Bon Voyage breakfast
O'Hana dinner
Mickey's Backyard BBQ category 1
Yak n Yeti lunch (may ditch for Pandora food as more reviews come in?)

So I'm excited. We'll be doing our fair share of counter service and food n wine booths. And no breakfasts cutting it too close on race mornings...lesson learned!

Last edited:
Nice line up of food reservations! And I also ask myself about the stress/enjoyment of making ADRs. Disney magic, I guess. :p

On my way to Ohio, realized I gotta update strava still. That tempo last night....ooooph...so many mind games. Felt like spitting on it when done. Forecast this weekend is rain rain rain!!!

Happy Friday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter