RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tossing trip plans around with the mr yesterday. He asked if opening day for ROTR is delayed, any idea of timeframe for ‘when’ that would be announced?

I offered that if word doesn’t leak as to soft or CM openings (probably too late for APH/DVC online reservations ala avatar), that may be a bad sign but, otherwise, can’t venture a guess

Not to be negative, just wondering if an announced delay would be issued in terms of time prior...a week, days or hours?
There are no delays. CM have been training for the past couple of weeks

Think at this point you would hear some loud chatter if something was going so wrong that they would need to think about delaying it. Just about 4 weeks away!

EDIT: just realized I was off on this: *three* weeks away. Woof.

Last edited:
We have a 9:20 a.m reservation at Oga's Dec.5. What should we expect as far as getting in to make it on time?
I would be at the park entrance no later than 8
Lucky to find a 10:45 am Oga’s for on 12/5.

if park is in VQ mode, unsure how those with ADRs proceed. Is there a separate line inside the park or do you identify yourself to a CM working the line?

Lucky to find a 10:45 am Oga’s for on 12/5.

if park is in VQ mode, unsure how those with ADRs proceed. Is there a separate line inside the park or do you identify yourself to a CM working the line?
The park won't reach capacity but the land might, so when that happens thre vq kicks in. People with reservations in the land are allowed to enter up to an hour before your reservation. You go up to cm at the grand Ave entrance

The park won't reach capacity but the land might, so when that happens thre vq kicks in. People with reservations in the land are allowed to enter up to an hour before your reservation. You go up to cm at the grand Ave entrance
Thank you for the info. Months ago I grabbed a 10:25 to Oga's on 12/5. Later the announcement came about ROTR opening on that day, sending me into a bit of a panic. We certainly don't want to have to stand in line for hours just to get into the park for our Oga's reservation.

Thank you for the info. Months ago I grabbed a 10:25 to Oga's on 12/5. Later the announcement came about ROTR opening on that day, sending me into a bit of a panic. We certainly don't want to have to stand in line for hours just to get into the park for our Oga's reservation.
Have enjoyed Olga’s a few times but lunch & dinner time slots. Still trying to decide upon something for breakfast as menu offerings not appealing to us.

Our last day in WDW is Dec. 5 and we'll have small kids with us. What if we got a sitter for the evening and the adults went and got in line for RotR around 7:30 pm? Based on peoples' experiences in Pandora and Smugglers, is that idea insane or possibly do-able? Have to book the sitter soon.

Based on peoples' experiences in Pandora
For Flight of Passage, CMs would close the Standby line well before park closing - they would judge the number of waiting guests so that FoP would close in a timely manner.

Smugglers didn’t have line closure because it runs efficiently without FP guests.

When does DHS close that evening?

For Flight of Passage, CMs would close the Standby line well before park closing - they would judge the number of waiting guests so that FoP would close in a timely manner.

Smugglers didn’t have line closure because it runs efficiently without FP guests.

It closes at 9:00

@MaidMarian444 , you’ll also have to factor in the possibility of SWGE using the Virtual Queue system to enter the land. If VQ is in effect, your group will need to join a Boarding Group that encompasses the last portion of the day.

You may want to follow this sub forum and some blogs such as Blog Mickey on Twitter. Someone will report if the VQ Boarding Group video screens have been positioned throughout DHS. That will be a sure sign that Boarding Groups will be enacted, at least on that first day.

@MaidMarian444 , you’ll also have to factor in the possibility of SWGE using the Virtual Queue system to enter the land. If VQ is in effect, your group will need to join a Boarding Group that encompasses the last portion of the day.

You may want to follow this sub forum and some blogs such as Blog Mickey on Twitter. Someone will report if the VQ Boarding Group video screens have been positioned throughout DHS. That will be a sure sign that Boarding Groups will be enacted, at least on that first day.

I can't recall, did you have to be physically present at the land entrance to join a boarding group or could you do it from the app?

Does anyone think that Disney actually know what they're doing with this??? They just seem to be in limbo with no final plan or strategy at all!

I can't recall, did you have to be physically present at the land entrance to join a boarding group or could you do it from the app?
Initially, guests were joining Boarding Groups from their resorts or their homes thousands of miles from WDW which then messed up entry for those who were in the park. But then the joining was revised for those who were actually in the park by using the app.

It’s difficult to predict what will happen on that first day. Rider Swap is also available if you decide to go in with the kids.

Initially, guests were joining Boarding Groups from their resorts or their homes thousands of miles from WDW which then messed up entry for those who were in the park. But then the joining was revised for those who were actually in the park by using the app.

It’s difficult to predict what will happen on that first day. Rider Swap is also available if you decide to go in with the kids.
Thanks for all the help. I think I will book a sitter for the evening and see what happens, we'll still have fun if we can't get on ride. Inspired by the quote at the bottom of Unvoiced_Apollo's posts.

Does anyone think that Disney actually know what they're doing with this??? They just seem to be in limbo with no final plan or strategy at all!
Same thing was said for the opening of the land. I think I'll give then thre benefit of the doubt

Actually, one last question. So when FoP opened, there was a fastpass line? Disney offered Fastpasses for opening day? (FoP's opening predates my Disney planning obsession.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter