RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, one last question. So when FoP opened, there was a fastpass line? Disney offered Fastpasses for opening day? (FoP's opening predates my Disney planning obsession.)
Yes; FoP FPs were in the system 60+ days prior to opening. And at the moment windows opened, some Guests booked FPs for both rides...and Disney immediately fixed that. 😀

If FPs ever become active for SWGE, they should be in the FP system 90+ days before they activate...to give Club Level guests their booking priority.

Thanks for all the help. I think I will book a sitter for the evening and see what happens, we'll still have fun if we can't get on ride. Inspired by the quote at the bottom of Unvoiced_Apollo's posts.

Is this that one about making a Disney plan? If so, I can't take full credit as it's a paraphrase from The Flash tv show XD.

I’m going to be at HS with family on 12/6. Got reservations for Oga’s and Droid Depot, but have FPs in TSL in between. Are they allowing people to enter the SWGE from TSL or is that exit only? Even with a reservation? I’m getting mixed info and want to be sure I plan for the contingencies. Thanks!

Last edited:
I’m going to be at HS with family on 12/6. Got reservations for Oga’s and Droid Depot, but have FPs in TSL in between. Are they allowing people to enter the SWGE from TSL or is that exit only? Even with a reservation? I’m getting mixed info and want to be sure I plan for the contingencies. Thanks!
We will not know until that day. The tsland exit only comes into effect when the land is very full, to alleviate guest flow. I would plan on a plan B just in case

merged the thread with this one to try and keep similar topics under one thread.
I am assuming and planning they will do the same as they did with the opening of SWGE.
They opened the tapstiles 2.5 hours before official park opening.
Held us at Hollywood blvd for about 30 min. then slowly walked us to the entrance of the land, held us there for about 30 min. then walked us inside while queue everyone up for MFSR, after that you could disperse.
So for RotR I'm assuming same scenario, it was all very well done, controlled, no chaos or running
If the opening time remains to be 9am I am planning on being at DHS by 6am

Thanks for this information! We had already planned for DHS on the 5th before RotR was announced, and my star wars obsessed husband thought it was a great coincidence (I remain undecided on this fact :P). So if I am reading this correctly, you were able to be online for the ride an hour and a half before the park opened? Did they start running the ride at that time, or just getting everyone in line?

In between the tapstiles and the walk to hollywood blvd and/or SWGE, was is possible to stop for bathroom breaks/ coffee? I know my husband won't stop, but some other members of our group have this condition in order for them to be there that early (otherwise they are sleeping in and will try to get on the ride later in the trip).

Thanks!

Thanks for this information! We had already planned for DHS on the 5th before RotR was announced, and my star wars obsessed husband thought it was a great coincidence (I remain undecided on this fact :P). So if I am reading this correctly, you were able to be online for the ride an hour and a half before the park opened? Did they start running the ride at that time, or just getting everyone in line?

In between the tapstiles and the walk to hollywood blvd and/or SWGE, was is possible to stop for bathroom breaks/ coffee? I know my husband won't stop, but some other members of our group have this condition in order for them to be there that early (otherwise they are sleeping in and will try to get on the ride later in the trip).

Thanks!
Once we entered the land everything in the land was open.
There are 2 restrooms outside the tapstiles, once inside the park there's one directly to the right of the entrance. Starbucks was not open though but again once inside the land the quick service was.
Remember we don't know how they'll proceed with RotR opening this was just what happened goe thre land opening

So we arrive Dec 4th for 5 days. If there are NO additional changes to DHS hours, we will most likely try rope drop for SWGE on Thurs Dec 5th, Fri Dec 6th or possibly Sunday Dec 8th (EMH @ 8:00 am). Any votes on our best bet, and how early we would need to line up on each of those days? Fully aware that the new SWGE attraction opens on the 5th. Should be a crazy weekend!

So we arrive Dec 4th for 5 days. If there are NO additional changes to DHS hours, we will most likely try rope drop for SWGE on Thurs Dec 5th, Fri Dec 6th or possibly Sunday Dec 8th (EMH @ 8:00 am). Any votes on our best bet, and how early we would need to line up on each of those days? Fully aware that the new SWGE attraction opens on the 5th. Should be a crazy weekend!
Moved you to the RotR opening discussion thread where arrival times have been addressed. 😊

We book our stays 11 months in advance (dvc room) and were unfortunate enough to book the week the land opened back in September and will be there again for the opening rotR.
I was very unhappy when Disney announced they were opening the land early but it wound up being one if the best weeks we have spent in Disney in years. It was so dead, we didn’t wait more than 15 minutes for any ride. Even FOP was a 30 min wait. (We had a fp)
Some people say is was so slow because people were afraid of the crowds so they cancelled and some say it was due to the threat of the hurricane. Im hoping some of the speculators are right and people hold off going for a little bit. I don’t think I’m lucky enough to get a threat of a natural disaster that never shows up again. 😜. I’m hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

I was planning on getting there around 530-6 as well! Still debating if I should Uber to boardwalk or just wait for parking to open.

Can I ask what time the first buses at resorts are for HS - generally, not a pin point time. We'll be at AS Movies so if no EEMH are announced and we want to be there very early will we need to get an uber?

Anyone have a thought for Sunday the 8th with EMH at 8 AM? Still need to be there 3 hours ahead (5:00) or would 6:00 be sufficient?

Can I ask what time the first buses at resorts are for HS - generally, not a pin point time. We'll be at AS Movies so if no EEMH are announced and we want to be there very early will we need to get an uber?
For a 9a opening, the first buses would run around 7:30. If you want to arrive well before that time, you’d need to plan on uber or Lyft.

Buses are scheduled an hour before park opening so i would definitely consider other means

Anyone have a thought for Sunday the 8th with EMH at 8 AM? Still need to be there 3 hours ahead (5:00) or would 6:00 be sufficient?
It will really depend if the open before official hours and we won't know that until opening days

We will be there on Friday the 7th. We have our own car and are staying at SSR so I think we are going to plan to get there by 6/6:30. Think we will be okay?

I see many people are looking to go first thing in the morning (6am or earlier) and wondering how many choose to try and get there much later, closer to closing to see those that started at 6am are gone by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter