RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting aspect of this all to me is how much one day might affect the next... if someone who got a BG at 8:00 was issued a FP and told they wouldn't get to ride, and the issued BG's up to 8:40 or so today... that is a lot of people that will impact how fast boarding groups can be called tomorrow since there will presumably be a lot of people in line early slowing down the rate that they can go through boarding groups.

It might even mean tomorrow they have fewer boarding groups since they have lots of people today to get through also. If you are planning to get there tomorrow, may want to shoot for a bit earlier than you had planned to try and get an earlier boarding group (and get ahead of a wave of people coming in today with fastpassses).

Can anyone tell me what time you might have arrived in which you went through security and tapped in and still got a BG? I am hoping for a later group tomorrow but not looking to be with the heard of folks

Can anyone tell me what time you might have arrived in which you went through security and tapped in and still got a BG? I am hoping for a later group tomorrow but not looking to be with the heard of folks
You might find these comments helpful:

I would say to keep watching / reading people's experiences. Our first posters today arrived around 5am and were let in the park around 6:30am, so waited outside the park approx 1.5 hours. They were able to join the first few Boarding Groups offered.

Another poster arrived around 6:20am and reported "massive crowds" but was tapped into the park around 6:40am and joined Boarding Group 33 - so they only waited through the security / entry lines around 20ish minutes.

Another poster arrived at the park at 6:40am and reported they had no wait through security / entering the park and joined Boarding Group 35. So this poster didn't have to wait in line at all, but obviously has some time to kill in the park until they get to Boarding Group 35.
@Breezy2 provided a useful DP on this. They arrived at DHS and tapped into park at 6:43 so it seems that there were not long entrance lines by 6:40. They got BG 35.
Any idea what happens if you are in a boarding group that doesn’t make it by park close? We got to the park at 801 today and are on boarding group 100. In 9 hours they have only made it to group 60

It sounds like he was called via boarding group and held in the queue. It’s had several stoppages this afternoon.
It sounds like he was called via boarding group and held in the queue. It’s had several stoppages this afternoon.
Yeah - we don't have any "on the ground reports" of this that I recall today but he seems to be indicating that he returned to ride around 1:30 and was in the queue for 4 hours before it was cleared at around 5:30.

I hope they verified that all the props were still intact when they left...
giphy.gif

Yeah - it must be back up! 67-69 now boarding!
Now up to 67-72. After not accepting any new BGs for what felt like at least an hour (maybe more) they have just called 5 groups back in the last 15 minutes. With a completely empty queue and the potential that some people have moved about their day (i.e. left DHS) I wonder how many groups they'll get through between now and close??

Has anyone seen the ticket booths open at 6:30am too? Or do they only open closer to the official park open time?
I did not see ticket booths open when I was past them, but CMs we’re constantly reiterating that if you had will call tickets or a barcode you needed to go to guest relations immediately and get physical media before entering. This had to be as early as 5:30am.

Question: How is cell and/or wifi coverage inside ToT and RR? I'm asking because if we do EMH, and they are randomly going to turn on RotR BG in the morning after we tap in, I want to make sure I have internet access so I can refresh ever so often.
WiFi at Disney parks tends to be exceptional even during peak crowds.
If you have data, I would personally use it instead of the WiFi. I find the WiFi so slow and spotty. It drops constantly and is unsecured. If you don’t have data or a smartphone, you would probably be best going to a CM in the blue guest experience costume.

ToT is also TERRIBLE for service and WiFi. I refused to go there during EMH before I secured a boarding group. RnR is a little better.

Hmmm ride back up and recovery already given out? Does that mean the ride is up and running with open space?!? 🤔

I’m closing out DHS with Fantasmic! Maybe I should head over and inquire about a boarding group. First and last ride of the day?! 🤣🤣🤣

Hmmm ride back up and recovery already given out? Does that mean the ride is up and running with open space?!? 🤔

I’m closing out DHS with Fantasmic! Maybe I should head over and inquire about a boarding group. First and last ride of the day?! 🤣🤣🤣
They’ve now invited back 10 BGs in the past 30 minutes. (Up to 76). You never know what might happen if you check it out... but won’t you miss Fantasmic? 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!