Rose & Crown Dining Room/Pub

william5419

Earning My Ears
I thought the service in Rose and Crown Dining Room was good. But I was majorly caught off guard on just how quick their service was, so you can judge for yourself. But I don't mean to criticize Black & Crown, no sir.

I go to a pub in San Diego, called Shakespeare's. In the past I have eaten their fish and chips many times.

When I ordered Fish and Chips at Rose & Crown, it only took all of sixty seconds (really, no kidding) for my meal to be delivered. I could not believe it. It could not have been cooked to order. That's what dissappointed me about the meal. I suspect that it was served cafeterial style - take the order, go get the fish & chips and dish it on the plate.

The beer - Black & Tan - came a minute after the meal was delivered. Shakespeare's at home cooks the meals to order.

I know that maybe Rose & Crown thinks we may be in a hurry to see other areas of Disney World, be it inside Epcot Center or at other parks like the Magic Kingdom.

The service was wonderful, and the waiter was fantastic. That's all I have to say.

:( :confused:

I'm a little confused, since your subject line mentions both the dining room and the pub. These are two different places (in terms of style) with two different menus. The pub has a fish and chip snack that comes from the Yorkshire County Fish Shop next door, so it's really fast food. The dining room offers a full menu, and it's surprising that you'd get served that fast. Whenever I've ordered the fish and chips in the dining room, it's been served with the other meals ordered by my tablemates and certainly appears to be cooked to order. It is clearly a different preparation than the fish snack served in the pub. I think it's listed as "Harry Ramsden Fish and Chips" on the menu. It's also much too expensive (about $15 a serving) to be fast food. If it is being served "cafeteria style", I think I'll avoid it in the future.

Ralph

I had the same experience as the OP on our trip in early January. We've eaten dinner here on numerous occasions and it's always been a slow, relaxing meal. The restaurant appeared to be full and there was still a line of people at the podium when we were seated on the patio. Our waitress greeted us promptly and we ordered an appetizer and DH ordered the fish & chips while I went with the shepards pie sampler. We were very surprised when not 10 minutes later, our dinner was brought to us by an entirely different waiter. We hadn't even received our appetizer yet. When our waitress dropped off our fruit and cheese plate, she was just as shocked to see our main entree already there. The food tasted fresh, but it did seem like an entirely too fast turn-around time.

Tammi

Just a thought, but perhaps if fish n chips is their most popular item, they may fry it in small batches, so there is always some ready to go. I used to always visit a very popular fish market in my hometown, and tempura style fish was one of their most popular items. they wouldn't fry a lot of it up at a time, but there was always a few pieces under the warmer (out of the fryer for less than 5 minutes) waiting and ready to go. Perhaps that's what they do at Rose and Crown. Cause I agree, fried food is grody if it's been sitting too long.......when we went we had excellent service, but I wouldn't say it was overly fast. My fish tasted crisp and very fresh.

The Rose & Crown pub and dining room are two different areas. If one did not have reservations for the dining room, then the person can eat the same food in the pub, such as the fish and chips (Harry Ramsden's),

There was not very many people in the dining room. I had a 7PM reservation for dinner in the dining room, but I showed up at 6:30 PM, hoping to get lucky and be dine early. They were able to acommodate me right away.

Off on the side, there was the Yorkshire County Fish Shop (who can remember H. Salt fish and chips in the Southern California area in the 1970's-1980's) that served the smaller portions of fish and chips.

Some places in the Disney-MGM Studios served the same fish and chips snack, too.

When I dine at Shakespeare's in San Diego, the beer always came first, well before the meal.

My food at the Rose & Crown dining room was hot, but I still cannot forget how my dinner came before the beer.

I guess the reason why I was so served dinner so fast is because I dined alone. Since I am single, I usually travel solo.

Originally posted by william5419
The Rose & Crown pub and dining room are two different areas. If one did not have reservations for the dining room, then the person can eat the same food in the pub, such as the fish and chips (Harry Ramsden's),

There was not very many people in the dining room. I had a 7PM reservation for dinner in the dining room, but I showed up at 6:30 PM, hoping to get lucky and be dine early. They were able to acommodate me right away.

Off on the side, there was the Yorkshire County Fish Shop (who can remember H. Salt fish and chips in the Southern California area in the 1970's-1980's) that served the smaller portions of fish and chips.

Some places in the Disney-MGM Studios served the same fish and chips snack, too.

When I dine at Shakespeare's in San Diego, the beer always came first, well before the meal.

My food at the Rose & Crown dining room was hot, but I still cannot forget how my dinner came before the beer.

I guess the reason why I was so served dinner so fast is because I dined alone. Since I am single, I usually travel solo.

I know well that these are two different areas. That's what I said. I was asking which you were refering to because your subject line mentioned both: "Rose and Crown Dining Room/Pub". We routinely eat in the dining room for dinner, but also enjoy the fish and chips snack from the pub as lunch or a mid-afternoon break. The fish and chips snack in the pub is not the same as the fish and chips dinner in the dining room. I confirmed with the server at the pub that the fish and chips snack came from the fish shop next door (whereas the cheese and fruit plate comes form the dining room kitchen), so it is different from the Harry Ramsden Fish and Chips from the dining room.

Ralph

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!