Rose and crown

we always make one stop at R&C on every trip. It's not our top favorite, but the food is good enough to keep going back. We like the fish or the shepherd's pie. It is a little bit cramped and crowded but it tastes good enough to enjoy sitting in the AC for a little while!

My family also likes Rose & Crown. The food is tasty and the service is usually pretty good as well. The cottage pie is one our family's favorite dishes, as well as the scotch egg (appetizer). We usually go for dinner so we can watch IllumiNations from a patio table (if we get lucky) or from the reserved viewing area.

The view from the reserved viewing area is really good.
DSC_0047_1.jpg

One of our standard stops.I almost always have the fish & chips and DH will have shehperd or the chicken pie. Depending on our other ADRs we either do lunch or dinner.Good , not great food, but never been disappointed

We had wonderful waiters both times we ate there, and sat on the patio to view IllumiNations. I would definitely eat there again just for the seating. The food and drinks were great too.

We go for lunch all the time. We split a burger and the fish and chips. And, of course, don't forget the Boddington's! :drinking1

In the summer we generally request an inside seat, but it is lovely on the patio too!

We loved this place! We ate there in November 2011. DH had the steak and fish meal, DS12 had the fish and chips and I had the Sunday roast. We also had the leek soup and a Scotch egg (this was sooo good!). The service was good and we enjoyed listening to the entertainment in the pub section.

My boyfriend and I ate there in January. We had a later reservation so we could sit outside and watch Illuminations. It was good! Service was great and food was good, too. We started off with a Scotch Egg. I had Fish & Chips, my boyfriend had Sunday Roast. Everything was good. For dessert I had Stickey Toffee Pudding, which was just OK, but I am not a real dessert person. My boyfriend had some kind of Creme Brule. He liked his. All in all, we would probably eat there again, especially if we could time it right to watch Illuminations.

While not quite as good as it used to be, it's still one the the better restaurants in the parks and the one we go to most often.

While our server messed up and didn't get us out to watch Illuminations, we really enjoyed the food and would return at some point just for that reason.

We tried the Rose and Crown for the first time last November and I have to say it was one of our favorite dinners. I had the steak and fish and it was excellent. Loved the sticker toffee dessert.....delicious! I will definitely be eating there again!

Our Ratings of Rose & Crown:
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: A
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: Rose & Crown is typical English cuisine. Nothing special,
but usually above average in quality. Viewing Illiuminations from
the patio is a good view, although seating on the patio is not reserved
and you cannot wait for a table on the patio. The bar/lounge/pub area
is classic Engish with a great selection of beer and spirits. Additionally,
the "Hat Lady" piano player is excellent. Overall good for drinking and
snacking, but only so-so for meals.

We've always enjoyed it. The menu changed very recently though. Looking forward to trying the new menu.

We ate there last August and really enjoyed it. DS had, what I thought, a fantastic steak. I had the Sunday roast and loved it, but I have heard it isn't on the new menu. We have an ADR for this August and DH said as long as fish and chips is still on the menu he is going.

I guess I disagree with everyone here. We ate there a few weeks ago. It was the worst food I have had in recent memory. I ordered the chicken curry, DH ordered the sirloin, the kids had fish and chips. None of the food was very good. My food was cold and tasteless. The fish in the kids meals wasn't bad but the chips were soggy. Dh's meal was probably the best of the bunch but still nothing to return for.

When we ordered, we asked if the kids food could be brought out as quickly as possible. It didn't come out until 1/2 hour after the adults' meals. After waiting forever to place our dessert order and then to receive it, I finally flagged the server down and asked him to get the desserts 'to go' since it was well past the end of Illumunations at this point and the kids were exhausted. Even the desserts were rather bland.

Beer was good, though! And the view of Illuminations was quite nice.

What is your opinion of this resturant

Love it. Especially when we can get a table outside right before Illuminations. But we like the food too. DW likes the Bangers and Mash, I'm a fish and chips guy. And the sticky toffee pudding for dessert... awesome!

I really like this place for lunch on a sunny day sitting by the water! It's a top spot in Epcot for me for sure. My favorite food items are the bread (complimentary), corned beef sandwich and leek soup :thumbsup2 skip the desserts here I've tried them all and would say that's their weak point.

R&C deserves credit for trying to offer consistency when most of its patrons insist on viewing it as The Place To Watch Illuminations rather than a dining destination in its own right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter