Rope drop Toy Story or Galaxy’s edge

disneyfamiof4

Mouseketeer
We are headed down in less than 2 weeks! Trying to finalize our plans. Would you suggest rope dropping Toy Story land or Galaxy’s edge? EMH 7a to 8a we are planning to use. We do have Droid Build Reservations later in the day and have Slinky fast passes later in the week. My thought is if we get Toy Story out of the way we will have freedom to drop our Fast Pass later in the week and parkhop to and tour freely at the end of our vacation. However we don’t like lines(who does!) so a shorter wait for Millennium sounds amazing.

I haven't been in years, but I thought that I read that the lines for the Millennium Falcon were supposed to be the worst first thing in the morning, but they got better as the day went on.

I would recommend if you are at the gate by at least 6:15, head for MFSR first. If later than 6:15, head to Toy Story Land and go to MFSR right before the second rope drop at 8:00 so you can beat the rest of the non-onsite hotel crowd. It seems you will be there in the middle of Thanksgiving madness. You may not be able to count on MFSR lines going down in the afternoon as they have been; nobody really knows for sure what the lines will look like. This will be an interesting time at WDW.

In 2 weeks, so like thanksgiving week? If so then no matter what the plan is it will be busy but...

But still if I were planning on going before Dec 5th I would rope drop Toy Sory Land/Slinky Dog Dash first.
Will you be going to RRC or ToT? If so then after TSL I would hit those two up for short lines. Go to ToT (larger capacity) first then FP+ RRC. If not then the plan is much easier.

Millennium Falcon still is not using FP+ so the standby line will move fairly quickly. So even though you may be in an actual line for 1hr you will have all these new things to look at.

So we are clear for a 7am RD you need to actually get to the gate by 6am.
SDD
AS2 (lower ride capacity than TMM)
TMM
ToT
RRC - FP+ 9:00 - 10:00
Star Tours - FP+ 10:05 - 11:05
Early Lunch
MFSR (hitting this right around noon should help get you a line reduction from others going to lunch)
Droid reservation

Thank you! Yes, Thanksgiving week, this will be a the 26th so maybe(hopefully) a tiny bit slower than the end of the week crowds🤞🏼. Not too worried about RRC and ToT as not all of us will ride those so hopefully we can pick up a fastpass or do single rider for those.

I was just there Sunday (11/10). EMH were 8-9am & I was waiting for the 9am opening. I (for fun) checked the line waits during the EMH--MF was 120, Slinky Dog was over 60 & RnR was 40. I got into the parking lot about 8:35am & it was a cluster of people. They have changed the layout for bag check & security & with construction walls it all just adds to the mess in the front area. To be safe for EMH to be anywhere near the front of the lines I would be at the park front gate (meaning past security) no later than 6am. Good luck!

eta--for RnR check that single rider line. I ended up waiting longer than the standby posted 40 minutes (like closer to an hour). I knew the single line looked a little long, but I wasn't thinking apparently cause I stayed in it. D'oh

We were there several times during our recent visit and I would definitely rope drop Toy Story. Galaxy's Edge has one ride with single rider while TSL has several rides and seemed busy all day no matter what time. GE is amazing but I would ride MF at closing if possible. We did get 4th FP for ToT and did single rider for RnR. I agree with the previous post - RnR single rider did seem long. HS is a tough park to navigate with all of the rides being tier one. I think that lends to Toy Story being packed all the time.

Rope drop TSL. As mentioned previously, SFSR doesn't have fast passes, the lines move quicker, and it is less crowded (usually) later in the afternoon.

I was at HS for a 8AM EMH day on 11/10. I arrived at 7AM, and was close to the front of the pack. I was off MFSR by 8:15, then hit RnR and ToT before heading back to SWGE. I had a FP+ for Slinky Dog in the afternoon (that ended up being turned into a anytime FP as Slinky Dog was having down time all day).

When we were there last week, SDD seemed to have longer wait times posted than MFSR. We waited to do SWGE until the afternoon and ended up waiting 65 minutes for MFSR.

Thank you! Yes, Thanksgiving week, this will be a the 26th so maybe(hopefully) a tiny bit slower than the end of the week crowds🤞🏼. Not too worried about RRC and ToT as not all of us will ride those so hopefully we can pick up a fastpass or do single rider for those.
We will be at HS on the 26th as well. It will be my youngests first birthday. I'm trying to decide on TSL first or SWGE first too.

We will be at HS on the 26th as well. It will be my youngests first birthday. I'm trying to decide on TSL first or SWGE first too.
Please, both of you, report back with when you arrived at DHS, which way you went, and how it worked out. It might not be totally useful info once RotR opens, but it could help as others head into the holiday season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!