Rope Drop FOP Will Resort Bus Arrive in Time?

richkorn

Mouseketeer
Thursday need to rope drop FOP because no FP+. Want to get in line by 7:45am. Will a AK bus arrive to resort (ASM) in time to get us there for 7:45 or should I plan on a Uber/Lyft?

Thanks!

Get out to the bus stop around 6:25 AM, assuming the actual rope drop is at 8.. Buses start around 6:30 or an hour before rope drop whichever comes first. You need to be able to have more than one possible bus to choose from in case the best choice might be too full for you to get on.

I would advise not planning on an Uber or other private car. That could get stuck at the entrance "toll plaza" if you are unlucky to go to Animal Kingdom on a date that no one is manning the plaza that early.

Last edited:
Get out to the bus stop around 6:25 AM, assuming the actual rope drop is at 8.. Buses start around 6:30 or an hour before rope drop whichever comes first. You need to be able to have more than one possible bus to choose from in case the best choice might be too full for you to get on.

I would advise not planning on an Uber or other private car. That could get stuck at the entrance "toll plaza" if you are unlucky to go to Animal Kingdom on a date that no one is manning the plaza that early.

Park opens at 9 Thursday. I read they start letting people in and to the bridge to Pandora around 8:20 or so. So want to be in line around 7:45. Will buses run early enough to get us there by 7:45 for a 9am opening?

Buses start around 6:30. I would be at the bus stop by 6:45 at the latest

We took a cab from Pop at 6:30 am to AK for an 8:00 am opening to rope drop FOP over Christmas/NYE last year. We arrived in about 10 minutes. They opened the tapstiles at 7:00 am. We were at the bridge and they let us on FOP AT 7:15 am. We were done by 7:45.

We just got back from WDW and we did rope drop at AK for FOP. We were staying at POR and got on the bus to AK at 7:18 a.m. (the park opened at 9:00 a.m.) and when we got to AK, we were like 5 people back from the entrance. AK serves early breakfast at Tusker House so the bus have to run that early to accommodate those guesses with reservations but the bus driver doesn't ask if you have reservations or not so no problem doing the bus early.

First AK bus showed up to resort at 7:23 am and we got to AK by 7:45. Once cleared baggage check there were maybe 80 people in the lines already. The left line was breakfast reservations only. Got stopped at the bridge to Pandora and then when the let us proceed we were in the FOP queue in like 5 minutes. Got off FOP & walked on Navi River and off that by 9:35 am.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter