Room requests granted based on amount paid for room?

BrianD

DIS Veteran
I wanted to get some opinions on whether or not you think/perceive that priority on room requests is given based on the amount paid for the room. Do you think someone who paid rack rate for a room is given priority treatment when it comes to room assignment / requests vs. someone who used a discount code?

Any thoughts?

BrianD said:
I wanted to get some opinions on whether or not you think/perceive that priority on room requests is given based on the amount paid for the room. Do you think someone who paid rack rate for a room is given priority treatment when it comes to room assignment / requests vs. someone who used a discount code?

Any thoughts?

Certainly if you are in concierge they try very hard to grant requests but those rooms are assigned differently and they know that everyone is in concierge.

The other rooms the assignment team does not know your room rate.

Thanks. I actually am asking the question with concierge in mind. Hypothetically speaking, ;) let's say I wanted to book a room in the main building at the GF (RPC), and I requested a view of Cinderella Castle, do you think my chances of getting that would be higher if I payed rack rate for the room vs. if I had a AAA discount for the room?

Nope. I think if there's a Concierge room with a view of the castle available when you check in, you have a good chance of getting that room.

They have no idea what you paid for they room, and I really don't think they care. Believe me, I am a TA and I get the TA rate (50% off), last year I booked GF RPC main building and was upgraded to a suite :wizard: . So what I paid was ridiculous!

We more than make up for it though, our bill upon checkout is just insane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter