Room ready??

klangl6

Just tryin' to live my best life!
If anyone has been to Cabana Bay recently, has your room been ready when you arrived? I know early check-in isn't guaranteed, but our flight lands tomorrow at 8:45am and we aren't going to a park until that evening for the OI event, so it would be great if we could have our room ready then.

We've been to CB twice - Sep 2019 & just this past May 2021 - & both times our room was ready around 1:30 in the afternoon - we has no requests, just first available.

The one time they did have a room available for us very early was when we had a pet friendly room. So if they don't have anything available that early and you don't mind being put in the pet ward area, you might be able to get a room earlier than normal.

Cant speak to CB specifically - but I have not had much luck getting a room early at Universal - its almost always seems to be between 3 and 4 before the room is ready.

If anyone has been to Cabana Bay recently, has your room been ready when you arrived? I know early check-in isn't guaranteed, but our flight lands tomorrow at 8:45am and we aren't going to a park until that evening for the OI event, so it would be great if we could have our room ready then.
I'm not sure if this is helpful to you or not. We are driving down this Sunday and staying at CB, and I'm not sure what time we might get there. I did ask about checking in if the room is ready, and the receptionist did tell me that in the event we couldn't check in early - that the resort amenities are still available to us. She said we could store our luggage and have access to the pools. She also mentioned that the gym has showers with toiletries, and also lockers to store any valuables. I'd say if the room wasn't ready to make the most of your time and explore.

I'm not sure if this is helpful to you or not. We are driving down this Sunday and staying at CB, and I'm not sure what time we might get there. I did ask about checking in if the room is ready, and the receptionist did tell me that in the event we couldn't check in early - that the resort amenities are still available to us. She said we could store our luggage and have access to the pools. She also mentioned that the gym has showers with toiletries, and also lockers to store any valuables. I'd say if the room wasn't ready to make the most of your time and explore.
Yes that is true - you can check in as early as you like and store your luggage - they will text you when the room is ready (Maybe) Ive had mixed results with getting the text - I think its a manual system. Since I have an AP I usually check in, store my luggage at bell services and head to the parks.

Our flight was delayed, so when we checked into CB it was after 4 and the room was ready.
We did a split stay at HRH, and checked in early, storing our luggage with bell service. I asked for earliest availability for the room, and didn’t care where it was. I got a text at 11:59am telling me the room was ready. Of course it was midweek and only for one night, so that probably influenced availability, but it seems they do try to accommodate early requests.
This was in April of this year.

We asked for early check in in March. We arrived at the resort check in desk before 9am. Room wasn't ready until 4:30pm.

We arrived at CBBR today. Got here a bit before noon and room was ready. I had checked in online.

FWIW, whether a room will be ready is solely dependent on how busy the resort is the night before so it will vary every time. One person's experience isn't indicative of what someone else may experience. IMO, I would plan on rooms being ready closer to check-in time due to staffing shortages. The parks and resorts are almost as busy as they would be pre-Covid this time of year, but nothing seems to be fully staffed (anywhere, not just Universal). That means housekeepers will have more rooms to turnover and it will likely take them longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter