Room-Only one night, then Vacation Package - Help Please

luvmyguyz

Mouseketeer
We are checking into AoA on Nov 8th (our plane arrives at 11:15 AM). This will be a room-only reservation for one night, then our vacation package (with FD) begins on Nov 9th and ends Nov 17.

We would like to go to EPCOT on the 8th, but our 9-day park tix are included in the vacation package that begins on the 9th. Can we get them early to use on the 8th? I know our dining plan won't begin until the 9th. What happens when we check in to our vacation package on the 9th - can they put the remaining 8-day tix on our KTTW cards?

Also, how does the check-out/check-in procedure work? Will it be complicated checking out of our room-only reservation and checking into our vacation package reservation? Do you think we'll have to move rooms? (We have LM rooms for both reservations.) We are going to MVMCP the night of the 9th, and not planning to go to any parks that morning/early afternoon (planning to arrive at MK at 4 PM for the party), so we don't have to worry about rushing around in the morning. I'm just hoping we're not without a room for hours because we are planning to let the kids nap before the party.

We've never done 2 reservations before, so any advice you can give me regarding the switch-over would be much appreciated!!

I forgot to mention we have 2 rooms; hoping for connecting.... you know, just to complicate matters.

We are checking into AoA on Nov 8th (our plane arrives at 11:15 AM). This will be a room-only reservation for one night, then our vacation package (with FD) begins on Nov 9th and ends Nov 17.

We would like to go to EPCOT on the 8th, but our 9-day park tix are included in the vacation package that begins on the 9th. Can we get them early to use on the 8th? I know our dining plan won't begin until the 9th. What happens when we check in to our vacation package on the 9th - can they put the remaining 8-day tix on our KTTW cards?

Also, how does the check-out/check-in procedure work? Will it be complicated checking out of our room-only reservation and checking into our vacation package reservation? Do you think we'll have to move rooms? (We have LM rooms for both reservations.) We are going to MVMCP the night of the 9th, and not planning to go to any parks that morning/early afternoon (planning to arrive at MK at 4 PM for the party), so we don't have to worry about rushing around in the morning. I'm just hoping we're not without a room for hours because we are planning to let the kids nap before the party.

We've never done 2 reservations before, so any advice you can give me regarding the switch-over would be much appreciated!!

You can go to a GS in the park or DTD and pick up your tickets up to 3 days before your package starts - so you'll be fine the day before. They can throw the tix on your KTTW the next day.

Check in/out won't be too bad. Nothing unusual. Make sure it is noted on your r/o stay that you have a continuing res in the same room type. There is no guarantee that you won't have to move - it just depends on availability. But 9/10 you'll be fine and get to stay in the same room.

Thanks! Really hoping we won't have to move, but I'm not planning to unpack until the next day, just in case!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter