Room/hotel section request?

abacobaby

Mouseketeer
Last year we booked POR and requested a room in the Mansions. At check-in we were told our room would be in the AB section. I asked if they had a room in the Mansions and they did, so everything worked out fine.

This year we are staying at POR again and this time we'd like to stay in the AB section.

Is it worth it to put in a request?

What have your experiences been with room/section requests?

Last time we went, I had trequested ToyStory and they put us in a totally different one (I think Love Bug) - not exactly boyish. So when I checked in asked and they switched us to Toy Story and my son loved it.

whenever we have made requests, we have gotten what we asked for. We haven't made huge requests, last year at AKL wanted room with bunk beds overlooking a specific savannah and got it. When we stayed at POR, wanted the mansions and got it. At the CR we wanted North wing, first floor water view and got it. Two of these 3 times we checked in around 9 pm and still got our requests. So either we are lucky, or adding the requests to the reservations really does help.

Last time we requested a Longhouse at the Poly, when we checked in they gave us a different longhouse, I went with it - and LOVED IT!

This year, we're going to POR (we had to change from POFQ due to free dining option wasnt available at FQ) anyway, after reading, perusing pictures I decided on a Mansion, and have it on our ressies -

Now what will happen at check in if we're in an AB location? :confused3 I have no idea, I may just "go with it" because I've never been there, and it all looks so great!! I've read so many reports on Pros and Cons of both the Mansions as well as the AB sections... my poor head is spinning, If it works out, it does, if not, I can blame it on Disney, not on MY planning!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter