Room and transportation questions

beatlesblonde

When will the madness end?
I called our coordinator today to book our wedding :-)cool1: ) but I'm waiting for her to call me back. So while I'm waiting I've got a couple of questions and I'm sure you ladies can help me :thumbsup2

First question, what exactly are room blocks and are they required for all Disney weddings or just the Wishes weddings?

Second, we're having our ceremony at Sea Breeze Point and DF and I are planning at staying at Pop and POFQ. Since were not staying at a resort close to the location, how would the typical timeline work? Would we not arrive at the Boardwalk till right before the ceremony or would we be able to arrive early enough to get some photos? Or would photos around the area take place after the ceremony? I'm assuming this is where having the limo would come into play?

Sorry about all the questions, but now that we're actually booking the ceremony it's starting become more real to me that I'm actually getting married! :cheer2:

TIA!

Hi,
Congrats on your engagement! Are you planning a Wishes or Escape wedding? The room requirement for Escape brides is a 4-night stay for the bride and groom only. Wishes weddings have a 25 room night minimum, but I have found them to be very flexible with this. Just ask! I may be mistaken, but I believe you can have a room block for both types of weddings, although room blocks for Wishes weddings are more common. Someone else can probably better explain how the room blocks work. I'm not at that point yet. If you want to arrive at the Boardwalk early to take pics, just ask your planner, I am sure it can be arranged.

Happy planning!

Hi! We're doing an Escape and I knew about the 4 night minimum for the bride and groom, which thankfully we already have booked. I was just curious about whether there was any kind of room requirement for guests as well. If there's not that's good (my mom has a time share and is planning on doing the condo thing for herself). We're also planning on doing the Epcot photo shoot the same morning so I'll just work with our planner on the timing and transportation.

Thanks for your help!

I don't believe there is a Room Block for guests for Escape, just for Wishes. I believe your minimum Room Block for Wishes is ten, but that is it up to Disney to decide if they will keep it at 25 or may go down for you. You have to reach 25 to recieve your Comp night.

Hope that helps! I can't really help with the timeline though, as I am still trying to figure out mine!:goodvibes

Hi! We're doing an Escape and I knew about the 4 night minimum for the bride and groom, which thankfully we already have booked. I was just curious about whether there was any kind of room requirement for guests as well. If there's not that's good (my mom has a time share and is planning on doing the condo thing for herself). We're also planning on doing the Epcot photo shoot the same morning so I'll just work with our planner on the timing and transportation.

Thanks for your help!

No, there is no room requirements for guests of an Escape wedding :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter