Room 5000 - Is this good?

LM0601

Earning My Ears
Hi All!

I just received my Disney docs. I paid for Cat. 11 and I was upgraded to Cat. 8 Ocean View. The room is bigger and I was thrilled! :cool1: I see on the ship that we are in the front of the boat...first room on the left - Ocean View. I know the room is better, but is it rocky way up in the front? Anyone been that far up front? I heard it is better mid-ship. I was happy with the room upgrade, but I was told we might feel the movement. I plan to keep the room...I just wanted to know from you experienced cruisers what you think.

We just got off the Magic this past Saturday and were in room 5000. We loved it!! There were 3 of us and loved being on deck 5. The forward elevators never seemed busy compared to midship and aft. You're all the way down the hall so it's pretty quiet. Plus, it's easy to remember your room number!! :yay: The only downside was there is not a steamer trunk in the room but even with 3 of us, we made it work and utilized all the drawers and closet space. Wasn't as big of an issue as we first thought it would be.

Hey Pixie... I think I talked to you in line at dinner in front of Animators one night. You were commenting that you heard the show from your room and I asked what room you were in!

It was a great cruise!

Hi All!

I just received my Disney docs. I paid for Cat. 11 and I was upgraded to Cat. 8 Ocean View. The room is bigger and I was thrilled! :cool1: I see on the ship that we are in the front of the boat...first room on the left - Ocean View. I know the room is better, but is it rocky way up in the front? Anyone been that far up front? I heard it is better mid-ship. I was happy with the room upgrade, but I was told we might feel the movement. I plan to keep the room...I just wanted to know from you experienced cruisers what you think.

You are so lucky,and no you wont brock. This will be my 4th cruise never felt rocky and been on top and bottom floors. Never got an upgrade or knew anyone. So you should be danceing for joy. Have a Magical Cruise!:cheer2:

Thanks for your posts. I am VERY excited. I am also a home based travel agent and this is actually my first cruise EVER!

I will be on the Wonder. Are the ships the same in terms of layout? You said you were in room/cabin 5000, but you were on the Magic.

:banana:

We stayed in 5002 and didn't have a problem with the motion. We were able to hear EVERYTHING in the Walt Disney Theater and it was a problem for us during daytime rehearsals when our son was napping. 5002 does have a steamer trunk, however. Loved the location on deck 5.

Yes, the layout is the same on both ships. I didn't notice any more rocking in the front versus anywhere else on the ship. My parents were in an aft stateroom and I never felt any difference when I was in their room. As the above posters mentioned, you can definitely hear the Walt Disney Theatre because you are right above it. For most of the shows, we were either AT the show or at dinner so it never bothered us. The only time we noticed it is when they played the new Witch Mountain movie late at night for the premier. There are a lot of loud action scenes and we could definitely hear them! Again, it wasn't anything to make us upset and the positives of this room far outweight the negatives. Enjoy and have fun!

pixiedust519 - did you have one large window or two small port hole windows? The hubby asked me to ask you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter