Ronto Roasters, spicy?

edhmom

Mouseketeer
DD does not like spicy food. I see the Ronto Roaster has a peppercorn sauce. How spicy is it? Can you leave it off, and if so, would that make the wrap dry?

I thought I had it all planned out, 11:00 Oga's and then hop over to get a Ronto Roaster. May have to rethink the food aspect.

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
It is not really spicy. The sauce is not spicy (and totally makes the wrap so I wouldn’t leave it off!). I would say the sausage part has the most spice though it’s more of a little kick than “spicy” per se.

Docking Bay 7 right next door is open as of today? Tomorrow? They have many non-spicy options.

coaches24

DIS Veteran
My DD (12) loves the ronto wraps. I had one with the sauce on the side but I didn’t like the sauce myself (I’m a picky eater). I did not find it spicy at all but I like spicy so it has to be pretty hot for me to notice. DD didn’t say anything about it being spicy either. She said the sauce is really good but left a weird after taste in her mouth. Must not have been bad though because she had one each day of our 3 days in DL and it was her favorite disney food this trip.

edhmom

Mouseketeer
Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking we'll stick with that plan and if she doesn't like it then DH or DS can finish hers and she can get something else.

wideeyedwonder

DIS Veteran
It’s more pepper-y than anything. I love them. My main complaint is that they can be a bit “dry”, and require at least some of the BBQ sauce added to make them less so.

Acousticpharm

Earning My Ears
Was not spicy to me but I eat very spicy, was surprisingly flavorful, if you can tolerate zero spice than it might not be for you

SteveH

Where's my Mai Tai?
Didn't find it spicy but I didn't care for the "Slim Jim Sausage" personally.

• Evita_W

DIS Veteran
    A friend cannot handle spicy and she handles the Rontoless Wrap fine, which is advertised as spicy.

twincruisers

Earning My Ears
    It's the "Kimchee Slaw" that's the spicy portion, just order it on the side. I honestly don't like spicy food and I didn't think it had much of any kick to it.

JWelch62

DIS Veteran
    Not very spicy. Disney needs to appeal to a large audience so their food never really pushes the boundaries, IMO

KPeterso

DIS Veteran
    I am not a spice person at all. I tried Ronto Wraps and found them just ok. It was definitely too spicy for me though. I skip them now.

• edhmom

Mouseketeer
    So glad that Docking Bay 7 will be open when we go next week. It really does have the best quick service food in DLR, IMO.
    I keep seeing people talking about how good Docking Bay 7 is. In looking at the 4 items on the menu (I realize it might be an abbreviated menu right now), what would you recommend?

Fried chicken with mashed "potatoes" and gravy
    Pot roast (which doesn't sound all the great at a theme park period, and especially on a hot day)
    Chicken salad with curry ranch dressing (can you get plain ranch, kids hate curry)
    Impossible meatballs

I don't consider myself or my family picky eaters, but nothing is jumping out as sounding amazing. I'd love to know what others like there.

SammyStamper

Earning My Ears
    I keep seeing people talking about how good Docking Bay 7 is. In looking at the 4 items on the menu (I realize it might be an abbreviated menu right now), what would you recommend?

Pot roast (which doesn't sound all the great at a theme park period, and especially on a hot day)
    Chicken salad with curry ranch dressing (can you get plain ranch, kids hate curry)
    Impossible meatballs

I don't consider myself or my family picky eaters, but nothing is jumping out as sounding amazing. I'd love to know what others like there.
    These reduced menus are hard as the item I liked isn’t on there. We did have the Fried Chicken and the Pot Roast. And many of those Batuu desserts.
    My husband preferred to be hungry this trip over eating another Ronto’s.

JWelch62

DIS Veteran

Impossible meatballs

I mean, it's not 5 star dining by any stretch of the imagination. :) It seems to me that most of the QS locations are just serving burgers and fries, and that gets old, IMO. This is just a nice change from the typical offerings.

I have had everything that you've listed, except the meatballs . I've enjoyed them all.

edhmom

Mouseketeer
    I mean, it's not 5 star dining by any stretch of the imagination. :) It seems to me that most of the QS locations are just serving burgers and fries, and that gets old, IMO. This is just a nice change from the typical offerings.

I have had everything that you've listed, except the meatballs . I've enjoyed them all.
    Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. And yes, the endless menus of burgers get old, especially when I know these places used to offer other things.

SammyStamper

Earning My Ears
    Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. And yes, the endless menus of burgers get old, especially when I know these places used to offer other things.
    We ate lunch at Jolly Holiday and Plaza Inn as I didn’t want the standard burger. But our options were limited since it was pre-15th.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES