Ron Jon's Cape Canaveral

cujobugs

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have pictures to view of Ron Jon's Cape Caribe resort in Cape Canaveral? We are staying there on Sept. 23 before cruise. We are hoping it is worth the extra money. When I search for pictures, I don't seem to come up with much. Thanks. :sunny:

good morning,
Just wanted to add that is nothing like a "walk-through" - Norm and I had to make a delivery yesterday to Ron Jon's caribe Resort - I have made this venture a few times - oh my gosh what a beautiful place - looks like you are in the tropics - I kept forgetting I was standing in a place that once looked like a jungle (which wasn't too bad then either) anyhow there were children playing everywhere and especially in the minature golf area - it looks well protected and there is security cameras everywhere or so it seems which is a heck of a relief to some point - (during my time, we didn't need security cameras, our parents had neighbors, friends and family that watched over the kids big time- time has brought changes - some for the good and some for the bad) --anyhow it was very clean and very FULL.
Thought I would add my 2 cents in since I had seen it first hand.
Always
Shirley

We stayed there for one night before our cruise last year and paid $79 for a studio. The room was small and a bit cramped, but very clean since the resort was new. The pool area was very big, and the indoor playground is a bonus (except it closed early) especially if it rains. We were very happy with the resort and wished that we had more time to spend there.. especially at that rate. However, when we tried to rebook for this year, the same room was $279. We did not think it was worth it... the resort wasn't "that" nice. And since my MIL was traveling with us this time, we would have needed two studios or a one bedroom (I forget the price that I was quoted but I remember it being very high). (We booked a double King suite at the Radisson for $159...which included a full hot buffet breakfast...My kids had just as much fun in their pool.) My advise would be to check the prices of the other hotels and determine how much time you are planning to stay at the resort. If you are only going for one day... do you really have enough time to use the indoor playground, the mini-golf, the pool (remembering that they close early)? If not, why spend the money (again, it also depends on your rate)? You may be just as happy with a lower rate at another hotel with a nice pool. On a side note, my husband and I found the Ron Jon resort, although their amenities nice, to be very stark and sterile in appearance. It lacks the presentation that the Disney resorts have... a resort theme, beautiful flowers etc...

Have a great time on your cruise!

If you happen to be staying at Ron Jon with no rent a car (and no desire to have a rent a car) what is available as far as buying food goes. Is there a little store with snacks or other food items? How about the restaurants? Anything affordable?

Thanks, Tink

tinkerbellmagic said:
If you happen to be staying at Ron Jon with no rent a car (and no desire to have a rent a car) what is available as far as buying food goes. Is there a little store with snacks or other food items? How about the restaurants? Anything affordable?

Thanks, Tink

Yes, there is a restaurant and store. We stayed there 2/17-2/18 and the restaurant was awesome. The restaurant had just gone through a change in management the week we were there, so we didn't know what we were going to get as far as service. IMO it was unbelievable. The food was delicious and very reasonable priced. You could get anything from salads to burgers, sandwiches, pork chops, steak, ribs, etc. Desserts were good too. There is also a convenience store that sells many items. Snacks, toiletries, etc. We stayed in a 2-bedroom unit and had our car service stop at a convenience store on our way to RJ for breakfast items. (We were arriving very late). You can try and arrange that or if you arrive earlier, just get your supplies at the on-site store. Breakfast was not served in the restaurant when we were there.

We absolutely loved the resort, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

Thank you for all the wonderful information. It is a big help. Ron Jon's sounds like a beautiful resort and I can't wait to stay there. :)

Three more questions --
1. Is there any place on site that my teen daughter could buy a swim suit?
2. I don't know a thing about the area. If you are staying at Ron Jons, can you get to Jetty Park on foot or by shuttle/tram? Just wondered if there was a shopping area there that might have swim suits or is Jetty Park worth visiting at all?
3. Is anyone else having trouble viewing the virtual tour of Ron Jon's? When I click on the location I would like to view (such as the pool) -- nothing happens. I clicked all the right buttons and still nothing. Here is the link (I hope)
http://www.ronjonvacations.com/hote...OVR&ovcpn=RJV&ovcrn=ron+jon+resort&ovtac=PPC#

Thanks again, Tink

They sell swimsuits at the Ron Jon store. I picked up my son some swim trunks when going on an October cruise one year. (Don't know how far the resort is from the store since I haven't been to the resort).

I had no problem viewing the virtual tour site of Ron Jon's. Thanks for the site as it gave me lots of pictures to view! A couple more questions......is there an age or height requirement for water slide? And do all two bedroom condos face the ocean? Or do I have to request that? :confused3

We took a cab to the Ron Jon surf shop. I believe it was a $12 cab ride (?). The surf shop is a fun place. LOTS of stuff to look out. I gave my sons each a gift certificate for Christmas and they used them to buy a swimsuit. I do recall the on-site store having some clothing, not a big selection. We didn't go to Jetty Park so I can't answer that one.

The two-bedroom condo's do not all face the ocean, so do request it if you want one. We were in the pool building. So, I guess it might depend which building you are in. There is a walk between buildings. (5 minutes or so).

The Ron Jons Store is about 3 miles South from the Caribe on A1A - also if you are looking for a nice selection and inexpensive bathing suits, you have Beall's Outlet that is right accross the street from ron Jon's - the Jetties is right next door to Ron Jon Caribe and yes you can walk down to the jetties
the restaurant that was spoken about here is called Portside and yes it has had quite a facelift which was very much needed - gone is the bad food and reputation.
Now Ron Jon's Caribe offers 15% coupons if you shop at their ron jon shop - so don't forget to ask for them - if you need any, I have a few left.
Hope this helps
Always
Shirley

I originally wanted a condo facing the ocean, but it sounds like it isn't as convenient to the pools. Did you prefer the pool condo since it is closer?

Thanks again for all the helpful info. I don't know what I would do without the DisBoards! I think I'm all set now. :sunny:

Tink

cujobugs said:
I originally wanted a condo facing the ocean, but it sounds like it isn't as convenient to the pools. Did you prefer the pool condo since it is closer?

We did like the pool building. Very convenient to restaurant, pool, store, mini-golf. For a short stay, it was great since we weren't going to swim in the ocean. (It was February and about 70 windy degrees.) The pool was heated and the kids loved it. I guess it all depends on what you want. Maybe, had it been warmer I would have liked the oceanfront condo. I do love to look out at the ocean (probably the reason we like to cruise!).

Either way, you'll have a wonderful :sunny: time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter