Romantic Ideas?

ImagineerM

DIS Veteran
Greetings all!

I'm heading to WDW in July with my family (sister 23, aunt 60, cousin 25) and my fiancee (24). My cousin and I are staying at the WL, while the others are staying at the Poly Concierge.

So on Monday 7/16, we have set aside an evening for my fiancee and I to spend together. I'm looking for some romantic ideas to help make this night special.

So far the plan is to get dressed up and take her for dinner at the California Grill...they were pretty booked up so I got a 6:10pm reservation...which I'd rather have an earlier dining opportunity so we can realyl enjoy the night. I know we'd like to see some fireworks.

Please share any ideas you have to make this an extra special night. What kind of options do we have? I'd really like to surprise her with something romantic.

Looking forward to your ideas!

Cheers,
Josh

You could do an Illuminations or Wishes cruise, go to Poly or GF to see Fireworks and Water parade, go to one of the resorts that have carrianges (I know for sure PO) and do a carriage ride. That's it off the top of my head.

Well I'm 25, and would be happy to entertain your sister(23) and cousin(25)on the 16th of July out to PI Island. I am not sure but I think we (mom) have planned for circus del sol. But we have both already seen La Nouba. I'm actually jealous you guys got ressies at the Poly I was entirely trying to get there. I'm in on vacation from Middle East belated mothers day gift. We also have seatings for fantasmic but we have both seen that as well. i'm personally trying to switch it to epcot fireworks cruise. which your sister, aunt, and cousin are more then welcome to join in.

If you wanted to get really fancy, go to bar at the resturant at the top of the contemporary resort and order a few drinks about half hour to hour before fireworks, when they start, run out the fire-exit onto the deck/roof area. Everyone does it that knows about it, and enjoy the fireworks from up high.

My family and I usually stay at Fort Wilderness and there are two romantic things at this resort that I have done with my fiance :) The first is laying out on the beach where the boats dock to see the fireworks. There are lounge chairs set up all along the area and you have a great view without the crowds. There are also private carriage rides that you can go on, I think they're called "Moonlight rides" or something like that. You can call in advance and make a reservation or the horse carriage and rider will be there and you can show up and pay there. It's like $30 for half an hour if I remember correctly! Good luck :)

Suprise him/her with a carriage ride at POFQ. Bring some wine/champagne for extra browny points. That's what I am doing with my GF.:hug:

Greetings all!

I'm heading to WDW in July with my family (sister 23, aunt 60, cousin 25) and my fiancee (24). My cousin and I are staying at the WL, while the others are staying at the Poly Concierge.

So on Monday 7/16, we have set aside an evening for my fiancee and I to spend together. I'm looking for some romantic ideas to help make this night special.

So far the plan is to get dressed up and take her for dinner at the California Grill...they were pretty booked up so I got a 6:10pm reservation...which I'd rather have an earlier dining opportunity so we can realyl enjoy the night. I know we'd like to see some fireworks.

Please share any ideas you have to make this an extra special night. What kind of options do we have? I'd really like to surprise her with something romantic.

Looking forward to your ideas!

Cheers,
Josh

Hi, I saw an episode on the travel channel where they said that you could have dinner at a secluded spot at GF and you would have your own butler or there is also a boat/dinner for two thing from GF also. It looked really romantic. I wish I could do it. If you are interested in it I think you have to call the concierge at GF. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter